Inserting FULL-SIZE images

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert full-size pictures in a post. Whatever I seem to try always defaults to a thumbnail image. I'm obviously missing someithing, but what? Help please!:confused:

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thank you!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
And for power users, type then the URL image and . The icon Steve mentioned does the same thing.

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
DSC01706..JPG Steve, can this process be changed? The only other site where I had to jump through hoops to get my picture uploaded was at the now defunct Apogee Straightwire forum. That site has been operating for more than ten years under old uploading software. At least there, once you knew how, you eventually get to a place a photo where Amir is pointing out above. [img...... [/img].

I have a Mac. My pictures are contained in various folders, and iphoto. All the pictures are identified some way. None are a site in themselves, so they have no URL. I don't have an account with Photobucket which seems needed. I send photos by email to any pc and it is no issue.

None of the sites I am a member of have any trouble accepting my pictures. If this is going to evolve into, "What's The Best Forum," then I hope the uploading of photos becomes easier.

/Users/vincentbezdecheck/Desktop/DSC01706.JPG

Last edited:

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Are you saying that all that stands between us and the best forum is being able to see images inline?

If so, your wish is our command. :)

When posting, go to Advanced mode (as opposed to quick reply). Then select Attachments. Follow the instructions there to upload your image and then drag it into the lower box. Next select inline attachment and your images will show full size in the post!

BTW, this change is retroactive. All current posts with attachment now show full size.

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Ok, I tried that. All I got was a big question mark, instead of what I uploaded, a possum. I will practice tomorrow. Really, though, this is rather complex.

Is this forum an independent startup? I mean, it isn't an adopted space in a parent forum like Straightwire is it?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Do you see your images on the top right pane and get the question mark when you click on them and attempt to drag? If so, you have to click in the checkbox on the right lower corner of the image and then you can drag it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
OK, I see the problem now. You are seeing a question mark instead of the picture of your upload image. Right? If so, don't worry about that. Insert it anyway and it will show up correctly in the post.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
302-fukitol..jpg

It works! :D

John

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When you are seeing the pictures in the attachment browser, just click the right bottom button which says "insert inline" or something like it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Please write out every step you do. It is hard for me to follow where you are going wrong otherwise.

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
attach]529[/attach DSC01706..JPG DSC00894..JPG

Hmmm, this one came in sideways. What I did is:
1) go to advanced.
2) click manage attachments
3)On new page that opens (file upload manager) I click insert inline.

or,

drag image onto here and bracket it.

problems. I just dragged one photo. Two show up, with one showing horizontal. Why?

[image]/Users/vincentbezdecheck/Desktop/DSC00894.JPG[/image]

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks like you are mostly there. When you use attachments, do NOT use tags. That is why the rest is not showing up. let the system insert it as it did.

Your last link doesn't work since it is a link to your computer :).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing