Inserting FULL-SIZE images

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Oh brother. Now you know why I am a Mac Man. I hate rules. I will not drag to paste then. What about the sideways show? Is it too tall in it's vertical position?

Anyway, thank you, Amir.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey, we didn't write this software :). It is the best of breed but its usability leaves something to be desired at times.

On your sideway picture, I assume it looked right on your computer. If so, then you may have told your photo application to turn it and instead of turning the image, it remembers that it needs to rotate it when it displays. So when you upload the image here, it still looks like it did before. Solution is using a different program on your Mac that really rotates the image.

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
The speaker picture was taken with my camera in the vertical plane. When I uploaded it, it uploaded in the horizontal. I turned it with iphoto and saved that. So, what you are telling me, though I did save it, the computer still sees it horizontal?

By the way, that speaker is of a set I sold. More about that later.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes, when you tell it to turn, it simply puts a tag in there to remember to do it the next time you open it on your computer. Since there is no standard for that, this software doesn't know about it and shows it as it was shot in camera (i.e. 90-degrees rotated).

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
When I try to upload pictures from my computer as an attachment they end being way too large. No complaints otherwise.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Can you do attachments on responses to PM's? If so, I could not find anything when I selected Advanced.
Yes you can. It is no different than posting a message here. If you can't find the icon, use then your image URL and then .

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When I try to upload pictures from my computer as an attachment they end being way too large. No complaints otherwise.
Native images from cameras and such are extremely large relative to the size you want to use on the forum. Before uploading, use the paint program that came with your operating system and resize it down. Set the horizontal size to 1024 and leave the other dimension blank for the paint program to fill in based on the aspect ratio of the original image. Then save and upload.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing