What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
After Syntax described the Kuzma Stabi Reference as "useless", I suppose I had better post a photo of mine. I actually find it quite useful.

Haven't there been slight objections against this model as well...? :p

TW-Acustic Raven AC with BN mods (motor, mat, feet) on DIY air suspension platform.
Origin Live Enterprise C 12" w/ Ortofon MC Anna; TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Benz LP-S MR; SME 312s w/ vdH Colibri XGW Custom; TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Lyra Titan i

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Haven't there been slight objections against this model as well...?

Yes, I believe there has been :) superb set up there, never been game myself to set up all 4 arm pods.

24301967348_c62f404794_h.jpg

Reactions: Audiophilist

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
TW...
A094CF7B-AE4E-4669-965A-F88F16FB7EE2.jpg
My Raven GT with TW Raven 10.5/ZYX Ultimate Omega SL and Ikeda IT-407/Koetsu Urishi Blue Sky on a dedicated SRA Ohio platform.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
kuzma stabi m

Here is my Kuzma Stabi M, Kuzma 4 point, Kuzma Car40 and my lovely cat. Sorry for the crappy phone photos. I took them now with sunshine just after some heavy rain. It's time to listen to music.

IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1282.JPG

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Jackelsson, beautiful set up! How did TW react to the suspension? We got some inquiries re this table.

Thank you,
Jarek

Haven't there been slight objections against this model as well...? :p

TW-Acustic Raven AC with BN mods (motor, mat, feet) on DIY air suspension platform.
Origin Live Enterprise C 12" w/ Ortofon MC Anna; TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Benz LP-S MR; SME 312s w/ vdH Colibri XGW Custom; TW-Acustic 10.5 w/ Lyra Titan i

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
mmmmmmmm love the stabi m.
your cat is beautiful too. does she sleep on the lid?

She does! But I have a cover that I put on when I am not playing and that is the only time she is allowed to sleep on the lid. She does respect that though and mostly listens with me or listens on the floor :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So why don't these cats chase the platter while it is rotating?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
because she respects the kuzma!
she knows not to mess with kuzma.
like all good dj's, cats only abuse technics tt's.

in a way it's true! She used to watch and sometimes engage with Rega p7 (the lid protected it). The reason was its platter. The bottom of the p7 platter has many ceramic pucks and when it rotates it looked inviting for my cats. However, when Kuzma is on, you see no moving parts. The platter doesn't look like its rotating. The only thing to see is the label in the middle of the record rotating but then there is the clamp on it. So just the arm moving slowly towards centre, not interesting enough for the cats...

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Jackelsson, beautiful set up! How did TW react to the suspension? We got some inquiries re this table.

Thank you,
Jarek

Hi Jarek, thanks for the kind words.

Actually the improvement coming from the air suspension was quite considerable. An unsuspended turntable in my experience does gain quite a bit from insulation from external vibrations. And for the TW specifially it brought quite some improvement in regard to imaging, soundstaging and general naturalness and detail of the sound. I can only recommend to experiment a bit with whatever kind of insulation is available.

In my case I followed advice from extensive discussions in the German analog-forum.de where DIY air suspension has been quite a topic some years ago. In the picture below - some 3,5 years old - you can see the RRG pneumatic isolators that I chose for my installation. I chose them over the similar American Fabreeka isolators simply for reasons of availability over here, technically there should be no difference.

Ideally the load for 4 of these air springs should be >120kg to achieve a resonance frequency well below 5 Hz, unfortunately I can only manage around 80kg currently. So the resonance frequency is higher than ideal. Still the effect was quite amazing even with this load.

I can't wait to finally get the BN platter because it will not only add quite a bit of rotational torque but also add roughly 10kg to the loading of the air suspension.

_MG_6128_RRG-Luftfedern_05.2014.jpg

Last edited:

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Yes, I believe there has been :) superb set up there, never been game myself to set up all 4 arm pods.
Thanks. :)
Actually the possibility to set up four arms was the main reason to get interested in the TW in the first place. That I liked the looks did also help quite a bit. And that it later turned out to be quite a considerable improvement sound wise over my former Transrotor Fat Bob S was a nice surprise on top.

All four tonearm-cartridge setups are voiced differently and I really like the luxury of being able to chose a certain sound depending on the music, the voicing of the recording, and my mood on a given day by simply switching the input on my two Pass XP-25.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
VPI Prime Signature with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge.

VPI-PS.JPG

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Hi Jackelsson,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the pneumatics like a lot of load. Maybe try to add a steel or brass plate too on top of the insulators?

Cheers,
Jarek

Hi Jarek, thanks for the kind words.

Actually the improvement coming from the air suspension was quite considerable. An unsuspended turntable in my experience does gain quite a bit from insulation from external vibrations. And for the TW specifially it brought quite some improvement in regard to imaging, soundstaging and general naturalness and detail of the sound. I can only recommend to experiment a bit with whatever kind of insulation is available.

In my case I followed advice from extensive discussions in the German analog-forum.de where DIY air suspension has been quite a topic some years ago. In the picture below - some 3,5 years old - you can see the RRG pneumatic isolators that I chose for my installation. I chose them over the similar American Fabreeka isolators simply for reasons of availability over here, technically there should be no difference.

Ideally the load for 4 of these air springs should be >120kg to achieve a resonance frequency well below 5 Hz, unfortunately I can only manage around 80kg currently. So the resonance frequency is higher than ideal. Still the effect was quite amazing even with this load.

I can't wait to finally get the BN platter because it will not only add quite a bit of rotational torque but also add roughly 10kg to the loading of the air suspension.

View attachment 37041

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing