The Harmonizer

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Yeah well, that's YOUR point of view.

Funny how it takes rather large amounts of acoustic panels to make any noticeable effect to the sound in a room, yet you and others expect me to believe that a few stupid tiny little wood blocks tacked to the wall are making such big improvements. LOL

I forgot that you are one of the very very few that push these things all the time, attempting to convince people on them. Talk about an up-hill battle. LOL

I know the truth hurts, but sometimes you just have to accept it, or in your case, not I guess. Ha!

Enjoy the oil. :cool:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Yeah well, that's YOUR point of view.

Funny how it takes rather large amounts of acoustic panels to make any noticeable effect to the sound in a room, yet you and others expect me to believe that a few stupid tiny little wood blocks tacked to the wall are making such big improvements. LOL

I forgot that you are one of the very very few that push these things all the time, attempting to convince people on them. Talk about an up-hill battle. LOL

I know the truth hurts, but sometimes you just have to accept it, or in your case, not I guess. Ha!

Enjoy the oil. :cool:
I don't expect anything of you, and don't give a "rat's ass" what you think, LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chops

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
I don't expect anything of you, and don't give a "rat's ass" what you think.

Oh, but it's not just me.

Please, take a look around the internet on the various sites/forums of those who spent the money and tried these ridiculous things in their own rooms. It's quite hilarious. a.k.a. - Not PAID "professional" reviewers.

Trust me when I say for every ONE positive (dilutional) review of this snake oil, there's at least THIRTY negative reviews of them, thus proving my point that much more.

It's just common sense and simply physics, man. Nothing more.

The placebo effect runs strong in some. I guarantee if I came into your room with a leaf rake and scraped all of those things off of your walls and ceiling, then you came in and listened without knowing they were all gone, you wouldn't even notice a difference in the sound.

LOL!!

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Oh, but it's not just me.

Please, take a look around the internet on the various sites/forums of those who spent the money and tried these ridiculous things in their own rooms. It's quite hilarious. a.k.a. - Not PAID "professional" reviewers.

Trust me when I say for every ONE positive (dilutional) review of this snake oil, there's at least THIRTY negative reviews of them, thus proving my point that much more.

It's just common sense and simply physics, man. Nothing more.

The placebo effect runs strong in some. I guarantee if I came into your room with a leaf rake and scraped all of those things off of your walls and ceiling, then you came in and listened without knowing they were all gone, you wouldn't even notice a difference in the sound.

LOL!!
Adding you to my "Ignore" list, LOL.

Reactions: cuntigh and Chops

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Just stop spreading the snake oil B.S. around the forum/internet and tainting the fragile unexpecting minds of others that might fall for it. Haha

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Well, I was able to have a demonstration of the Harmonizer system today. The distributer of the product had it setup in a local dealers room at Axpona. The room was already setup with ATS acoustical panels, which by the way were everywhere at Axpona thanks to ATS Acoustics. In any case, the system was setup with Rogue Audio Sphinx integrated amplifier, driving Harbeth monitors. The room was packed with people, so the demonstration was conducted with about 8-10 people listening. The distributers explained what were were doing to the crowd, popped in my CD, and played my requested track. Then after the track, he stopped the CD player, then removed the entire Harmonizer system from the room, then played the same track again. Everyone could heard the difference when the Harmonizer was pulled out. After the track was finished, he put the Harmonizer system back, and played the track again. I heard at least a few people say "wow" with the differences. After the track, the group talked for a bit about what they heard, and all agreed they heard a big difference.

What I heard is a greater sense of depth of soundstage, and relaxed presentation. The effect was not subtle. It was much more 3D, holographic, almost like the walls of the room had been removed. Could I live without the Harmonizer?Probably. Did I prefer the system with the Harmonizer? Yes, I think I did. I think it's like listening to a system with, and without acoustical treatments. I did not think there were any negative effects? I would need more time with it in my own system to make that determination. The distributer says the system has a 30-day return and refund policy.

I have this on my list for a possible future purchase.

- Tim
Perhaps the Harmonizer works via similar principles to the late Jack Bybee's "Active Room Neutralizers" (link to review below). Haven't heard them or the Harmonizer so I can't comment on how they perform. However other Bybee products that I've heard (I have several in my system), and the Stein "Super Naturals" footers and "E Pads" work as advertised at least to my ears.

FYI: http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/bybee-active--room-neutralizers

Last edited:
Reactions: tpsully99

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
I've found Stein to be the real deal...I don't sell them, nor have I sold them, nor do we plan to sell them...that said, they're real engineers who sell real gear that I have many times over appreciated...and not just the extraneous bits and bobs. As with any piece of kit, the effect it has on a system will vary depending upon the associated equipment, the room itself, etc. I've heard it in clients rooms wherein the difference was as distinct as changing from a poor flat volume control in a dac, to a DHT preamp that has real bloom and dimensionality. So, i would like to offer up the idea that just because something doesn't have a landmark effect in Joe's system, doesn't make it snake oil. It may have a grand effect in Bill's system. (not unlike most gear) The easy answer here, (as I assume most reviews, even positive ones would notate for this type of product) is to demo the product in your system.

tpsully99

VIP/Donor
Jan 11, 2014
New Hampshire, USA
It would be nice if someone who has experienced it first hand could chip in ...
I have them, they work. I didn't believe it. I had my wife come into my media room, and she noticed a difference immediately. More detail, smoother sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing