Schnerzinger cables - any experience?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Yes , Jack . Getting annoying . I m just sharing an experience . Hifi is not a religious for us to belief. It's just hobby . That's why pple ESP manufacturers are moving away.
Dudesabides, I love what I heard but I didnt buy it . Not with their zero discount structure . Anyway it's our money, spend it on cars gals , give it to donations , splash on it hifi , whatever make us happy BUT we shouldn't impose our values on others

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Jack , I m with u on this . Audiogon used to be the forum I read 1st thing in the morning . No more . Too much irrelevant postings . I just wonder why we must disagree with things we never experience before simply because its too good to be true ? If that is the case why believe in God u have never seen before ?
dudeabides , yes it's our money , use it anyway we see fit . Splash on hifi, on gals , buy expensive cars , give to charity or whatever we fancy it's our money . My point is that if we love the hobby , just enjoy & push the boundary of possibilities with your audio set up especially when we have the opportunity to audition it

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I wish I have the chance to audition SCHNERZINGER & AXIOM Tonearm & catridge , when both the distributor & designer were at my region . Then I would know how far my system can go . Unfortunately my room is not ready.
I have tested Audio note M10 signature , FM acoustics, Vitus Masterpiece & my audio fellowship have tested even more gears . Must we buy it ? Definitely not , even though I think M10 signature is 1 of the best preamp in planet Earth. However , I gained a lot of experiences & knowledge from such auditions & visits . I even travelled to Munich show 2014 to check it out & it was better than I expected . All these visits & auditions can only enrich my audio journey . Cheers. Just enjoy the hobby

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I believe all points have been well taken blazer. Let's all move on.

Back to the Schnezingers :)

That white covering is very handsome. I'm not sure how good they will look over time though. Keeping them looking pristine, I imagine, would be very difficult. That would be a concern for me. No way I'd leave the, what Christian calls "the condoms", on. How gauche would that be!

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Micheal kept the plastic on during demo. I suppose not to dirty it . Was told a polish audiophile ordered a whole loom of cable - all black

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That would make sense. Masterbuilt Ultras are white too. Same thing with the only person I know who has a full loom…..ordered them in silver-gray instead.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I think we're all grown ups and know how to make the distinction between legitimate questions

Jack,

Totally understand.

It sounds like this "approach" purportedly addresses the synergy of the room, gear, power, room treatments, etc. In other words, the "entire" system. I meant the term "magic" in a respectful way, not a slam. That's why I asked the questions I did in Post No. 125, which I believe are very legitimate, and I was called "ignorant".

Nuff said.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
White outer cover is very unpractical. A good friend of mine has a full loom of Argento Audio FLOW MASTER REFERENCE cables, which are also white. They are impossible to keep clean, and once dust settles into the fabric they look terrible. A set that is 1-year old looks like it was it was 10-years old.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
White outer cover is very unpractical. A good friend of mine has a full loom of Argento Audio FLOW MASTER REFERENCE cables, which are also white. They are impossible to keep clean, and once dust settles into the fabric they look terrible. A set that is 1-year old looks like it was it was 10-years old.

so that is why the plastic bagging is around all the cables or is that something the customer does....kind of like plastic covering your new sofa ?

bvdiman

Mar 7, 2013

+1
Saw some appeared on used market, looked like coffee/tea stained white silk clothing--terrible, I wouldn't buy it even for quarter to the dollar.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -

I have 3 pairs of Argento Flow interconnect cables as well as 2 Argento Flow power cables in my system. After almost 4 years, they are still white. I guess I am not too sloppy:)

bvdiman

Mar 7, 2013
Jack,

Totally understand.

It sounds like this "approach" purportedly addresses the synergy of the room, gear, power, room treatments, etc. In other words, the "entire" system. I meant the term "magic" in a respectful way, not a slam.

Somewhat agree here.. Whereby it was not actually an apple to apple comparison per se.
Given their system approach methodology, I think competing brands should also be at least used in full loom from end-to-end (in order to get their full measure), assisted with some kind noise of rejection/eliminating devices as well such as Entreq/Tripoint in order for comparison to be fairer/on more equal standing.
Nevertheless, it is interesting to learn from Audioblazer's experience and appreciate his sharing it with us here.

*The whole thing kinda reminded me of Synergistic and Tara's way of noise grounding. And their marketing approach, IIRC similar to that of Rick S. of HFC fame?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I did asked . Was told not the same . They used 10 years old silver wires ( according to website ) & used a 100m machine ( not sure currency ) to zap it for atomic bonding . Anyway your guess is as good as mine . What I heard was revealing & revolutionary . You are right I m only sharing what I heard in 2 systems & another friend in his own syst

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
Hello audiblazer,

as I wrote in this thread two years ago, the SCHNERZINGER cables have also triggered a revolutionary sonic gains in my chain. Details I have described this thread in various comments on the first pages.

AUDIOBLAZER, I made comparisons - even with almost the same products as you (SILTECH, TRANSPARENT, SHUNYATA, JORMA, GOEBEL, TARA LABS, HIGHER FIDELITY etc.) –and was also surprised how much more can be achieved with SCHNERZINGER.
Meanwhile, several musical friends of mine with absolute reference systems (LAMM with ALEXANDRIA WILSON 2, KONDO with ACAPELLA, SPECTRAL with MAGICO, GRYPHON with TIDAL) changed to SCHNERZINGER and are thrilled.

BVDIMAN, that SCHNERZINGER Cleaner and Protector Products are based on radio transmission, that build a shield in the room and protect the components from radio frequency interference.
SCHNERZINGER calls their technique "GIGA PULSE" technology. This differs from solutions of ENTREQ or SYNERGISTIC, which serve to reduce sound harmful transient currents in cables and devices.
I have tried ENTERQ and SYNERGISTIC cables already and their interference suppression taught me clear benefits but on a completely different level as SCHNERZINGER.
The SCHNERZINGER Cleaner and Protector still improved the ENTREQ and Synergistic cables sound quality even with their fully installed interference suppression systems
A major disadvantage of SCHNERZINGER® system, however, the reception of my mobile phones in the listening room was much worse.
To the covering of the SCHNERZINGER cables nobody have to worry about it. By the time, incurred dirt can simply wipe with a damp cloth.

Some words in general, I was ridiculed by some to invest in a NO NAME Company as SCHNERZINGER years ago.
Now that JONATHAN VALIN of the ABSOLUTE SOUND wrote an outstanding report of the ZELLATON / SCHNERZINGER demonstration at the HIGH END SHOW MUNICH 2014 as the best presentation of the exhibition and "most lifelike" performance he has ever heard in a show. FUNNY! For some people it is now strangely legitimate that I have invested a lot of money in SCHNERZINGER

Somewhat surprising that people often smile at unknown new products or even make them bad. This mentality is often seen for me in various forums.
Although the WHATS BEST FORUM is the HiFI forum with the highest level for me, there are people here who think they have to do everything unknown ridiculous once. Sometimes you can already guess that other manufacturers are behind it.
For me, a forum is a platform to gain experience with others.
The doing my own experiences need not be universal and are subjectively ought to be clear to everyone. Although I play in an orchestra and use my own recordings for comparisons, I do not see myself as a professionel tester. I just want to share my experiences with other HiFi infected, without being caught up in a heated debate as HiFi madman.
I think that it is precisely in this hobby the subjective component is extreme and therefore the scope for individual opinions is very great. To accept the opinions of others requires respect remains for me in many forums on the track.
In order not to be misunderstood, it is not my intention here to initiate a discussion. On the contrary, I would like in a forum just to share my joy at my hobby with others and do not justify my opinion in endless discussions. For this reason, I do not intend to participate in such discussions and have my forum activities now very limited.
Nevertheless, I hope with my posts to give interested parties ideas and assistance and to gain interest me information.

tubedoctor

If someone wants to read J. VALIN Munich 2014 show report their is a link at the SCHNERZINGER website.

http://schnerzinger.com

http://http://monoandstereo.com/2014/12/schnerzinger-cables-and-systems.html#more

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Tubedoctor..... Very well said indeed , Enjoy the Music !

bvdiman

Mar 7, 2013
Tubedoctor..... Very well said indeed , Enjoy the Music !

+1
Thanks for sharing your experience Tubedoctor and Audioblazer.
Yeah, almost always afraid to post here wary of the skepticism/sarcasm around. Heated debates are exhaustive and just waste of time, imo. ;)
Happy listening!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I have a hard time understanding that all experiences should be met with approbations in a Discussions Forum. It seems that criticisms, skepticism or contrary views are no longer accepted at the WBF. I think that level of sensitivity will lead to dull threads and eventually forum. It is one thing to demand a polite behavior, another to discourage or avoid all forms of contrary views. We are trending toward the latter.

To be back on topics. When so many things have changed in a system I find it difficult to attribute it to one thing in particular. I must say that in my experience and in spite of my views on Audiophile cables, I am a very firm believer in Power Line Qaality. In my experience Clean Power raise the level of performance of even modest systems. This approach to clean up the power is strangely not very popular among audiophiles. For many clean power is a dedicated line and Specialty Power Cable. Would like to know how Schnerzinger approach Power Quality.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wouldn't put it that extremely my friend. I don't think anybody here is asking anybody to not be skeptical or have contrary views. I think however that there is a difference between making claims and simply relaying observations. Sure we can be skeptical about the observations or even the observer himself for the simple reason that it may be contrary to our own experiences. The tricky thing is we weren't there. God knows I've observed differently from others even if we were in the room together. I can't count the number of times I've been dragged to demos where I simply couldn't be sure if I heard any differences at all or if I did the differences I might have picked up were real or imagined. Still, personally, as I don't consider myself the benchmark for acuity I will never be sure about the experiences of the others in that room. I simply say, I don't hear it or whatever differences I heard were significant enough to actually pull out my wallet. Maybe that doesn't even make me a skeptic at all. Maybe just someone who they failed to interest. Now in cases like these where we weren't even there, personally I don't think there is even anything to go on as far as even formulating contrary views go.

Let's contrast that with say a statement that I heard this difference BECAUSE the electrons did figure 8's then by all means let the gloves come off. They are totally different scenarios IMO.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi

I have a hard time understanding that all experiences should be met with approbations in a Discussions Forum. It seems that criticisms, skepticism or contrary views are no longer accepted at the WBF. I think that level of sensitivity will lead to dull threads and eventually forum. It is one thing to demand a polite behavior, another to discourage or avoid all forms of contrary views. We are trending toward the latter.

To be back on topics. When so many things have changed in a system I find it difficult to attribute it to one thing in particular. I must say that in my experience and in spite of my views on Audiophile cables, I am a very firm believer in Power Line Qaality. In my experience Clean Power raise the level of performance of even modest systems. This approach to clean up the power is strangely not very popular among audiophiles. For many clean power is a dedicated line and Specialty Power Cable. Would like to know how Schnerzinger approach Power Quality.

Frantz,

Skepticism based in ignorance about products is never a positive contribution, although questions about objective conditions (except asking if it was a DBT ;)) are always welcome. IMHO very short posts with ! or ... are just inflammatory contributions.

Can we know what you are calling clean power? And what are its objective improvements?

I agree with you that most people seem to have too little interest in technical debates. Curiously the threads on DSP, measurements or room treatments die very fast with little or even no positive objective contribution of the proponents, and some skeptics spend most of their time in the "extreme" tweaks threads. Did you notice that I posted that I had found a scientific objective reason for the different behavior of silver and copper cables in the Entreq and no one has shown any interest?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Frantz,

Skepticism based in ignorance about products is never a positive contribution, although questions about objective conditions (except asking if it was a DBT ;)) are always welcome. IMHO very short posts with ! or ... are just inflammatory contributions.

Can we know what you are calling clean power? And what are its objective improvements?

I agree with you that most people seem to have too little interest in technical debates. Curiously the threads on DSP, measurements or room treatments die very fast with little or even no positive objective contribution of the proponents, and most of the time skeptics spend their time in the "extreme" tweaks threads. Did you notice that I posted that I had found a scientific objective reason for the different behavior of silver and copper cables in the Entreq and no one has shown any interest?

I will look in to this thread which I have avoided for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post in this S'nger thread. As for Skepticism based on "ignorance about products" I beg to differ ... Let's leave it at that ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing