Schnerzinger cables - any experience?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I saw that CAT sign jl 2 for 7 K it surely played through my mind , but i have enough amps at the moment , definetively on my try list .
Nice system cat friend , i reckon a CAT legend pre would fit right in , what pre are you using right now ??
Are the poweramps even better as the pre s , i have a legend pre at the moment .
Nice made cable lifters by the way.

PS I also like the halcro system of tube docter , also on my try list Halcro

Note one member here was complaining the Cat power amp (statement i think it was ) has a very annoying 50 hz transformer buzz, are the poweramps noise free /quit

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
PPL means "People"

The one I can buy is already fitted with KT120 tubes. Why do you recommend the older 6550C ?

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
thanks for the compliments about my music equipment and the cable supports. I am glad that you like the look. But unfortunately you can not hear the sound of the music system.

Davey,
by the bronze bowls I feel the music more realistic. It sounds cleaner, spatial, clear and breezy.
More information here:
http://www.highend-electronics.com/highend_novum.html
http://www.highendnovum.de/

andromeda audio,
I can still hear an audio Aero Lasource. La Source has built a very good Preamplifier, without phono stage. With remote controlled volume control. The legend has unfortunately no remote control. I really want a remote control. I have the La Source connected to the preamplifier Legend. Preamplifier from La Source was not used. I heard the music on the legend was marginally better. I buy now a DAC with integrated remote controlled Volume Control. I sell the La Source. The statement has a very faint hum in transformer. I hear it if I with the ear about 30 centimeters away am.
Best regards
CATfriend

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
thanks for the compliments about my music equipment and the cable supports. I am glad that you like the look. But unfortunately you can not hear the sound of the music system.

Hello, CATfriend. I'd like to take the time to thank you for following up with regards to my inquiry. That is a clever idea. One that I think will be incorporated within my own rig. ;)

Tom

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
PPL means "People"

The one I can buy is already fitted with KT120 tubes. Why do you recommend the older 6550C ?

Hello Elberoth,
was the JL2 by Ken comes with KT 120 tubes, or 120 KT were only subsequently converted from 6550 on KT120?
Operating from 120 KT to other resistors are soldered. who then soldered? Professional? I did not the The Statement with KT 120 belongs. Ken told me, for him are the 6550C SED winged "C" the top tube. I kan retool the statement also KT120 . Then have other resistors are soldered. Performance have The Statement also with the 6550C SED winged "C" without end.

http://www.btb-elektronik.de/de/endstufen_roehren.html

Best Regards
CATfriend

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
Anyone finds it weird, that they cannot lend the cable to the customer, since 'he will not be able to demonstrate it properly', not even for a day and not even after it was installed by their dealer, and yet they have no problems in selling a cable to the customer in Brasil, to system they have not even seen ?

And how came, that someone finds this forum, sets up an account, only to make a single post about the S. cables ?

I can vouch for Georgem as he has very similar gear as me, and I have come across his posts, and actually he does not need my vouching for. I find indeed this first post very informing. There are other people here who seem to know all sorts of gear and owning it; which might make me think either they are in business or should maybe rather be in audioasylum.com ;-)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Elberoth,

George is an active member of the brazilian forums, and I know him from there. His experience with Schnerzinger is legit, and he posted about his trip/purchase locally before coming here.

alexandre

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Fair enough - some of the posts on AudiogoN forum rise many red flags, and so is the company sales model, but IMO it is clear by now that both George and CATfriend are genuine audiophiles.

agisthos

Oct 14, 2012
It seems the unique thing about Schnerzinger cables is their 'molecular processing'

If you look at the different cable lines, the only difference seems to be the amount of time spent conditioning the wire using their supposed unique process. Would love to know how they do it and if they have any patents on the process.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Yes the best hifideluxe setup, I talked with Dyck and he demonstrated the new project that is situated in front of eletronics and has 3 athens, for a moment he demonstrated for me and two friends an the result is not small, they clean e wide the sound satge, is like a great silence add to the room, do not know why, but my iphone did not work when this was working, and the smal boxs in the cables has a big diference too, it loks like the energy shild of synergistic research apex cabkles, now there is a lot of thinsg to think about, the clean that I knew, this new project, this new cables, stein boxes....

as.jpg

as2.jpg

as3.jpg
The other setup that was interestig was malvave( the problem here I think is the woofer eletrostatic), Jadis, ..
I do not why the avalon time speaker time use Jeff Rowland amplifier ,this is the third year that it does not singer, and the source was DCS Vivaldi and were in two diferents rooms.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yes the best hifideluxe setup, I talked with Dyck and he demonstrated the new project that is situated in front of eletronics and has 3 athens, for a moment he demonstrated for me and two friends an the result is not small, they clean e wide the sound satge, is like a great silence add to the room, do not know why, but my iphone did not work when this was working, and the smal boxs in the cables has a big diference too, it loks like the energy shild of synergistic research apex cabkles, now there is a lot of thinsg to think about, the clean that I knew, this new project, this new cables, stein boxes....

View attachment 9755

View attachment 9756

View attachment 9757
The other setup that was interestig was malvave( the problem here I think is the woofer eletrostatic), Jadis, ..
I do not why the avalon time speaker time use Jeff Rowland amplifier ,this is the third year that it does not singer, and the source was DCS Vivaldi and were in two diferents rooms.

Those speakers sounded quite good at the NY Show with the Ch. Precision electronics. Problem was no one could tell how good because the exhibitor had to compete with the jackhammers on the street. Ughhhhhh..... :(

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
I spent 3 days at the hifi deluxe. For me the Schnerzinger, Zellaton and Ch Precision demonstration was also the best at the show - extremely natural. Although one day was not quite as good as the other two.They told me that they had power problems that day.

The thing with the antennas George mentioned is the Schnerzinger PROTECTOR , a new Schnerzinger product. I had already the chance to listen to it at an in home demo. Unbelievable what these box does.
I tried a lot of those "voodoo energy room treatment" like from acoustic revive, Quantum, Gabriel, Albat revolution and Stein Music. Although the Stein Platinum Set ( 3 xH2a+3xH2b+9xBlack Stones) made an really noticeable improvement to the sound at my home, the improvements which I heard with the Schnerzinger PROTECTOR were so dramatic that after having listening to music with it, it was impossible to listen enjoyable to the music without it anymore.

Schnerzinger told me that the PROTECTOR and CLEANER technology comes from radar research and is not comparable to that "energy stuff " which becomes popular in the hifi scene.
The downside of the Schnerzinger Protector was that - like George mentioned above that his iphone was not working in the Schnerzinger/Zellaton hifi de luxe show room while the protector was turned on - the cell phone reception in my house became very bad while the Protector was turned on.

Like me, a guy from Zellaton told me at the show, that although they have tried the best cables known in the business with their speakers, they were very surprised how superior the Schnerzinger cables sounded when they first heard them and that they want to install the Schnerzinger Protector technology as an option in the future in their speakers.

Schnerzinger told me that the Protector is not available right now but further information will be at their website soon.

http://www.zellaton.de

http://www.schnerzinger.com

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I spent 3 days at the hifi deluxe. For me the Schnerzinger, Zellaton and Ch Precision demonstration was also the best at the show - extremely natural. Although one day was not quite as good as the other two.They told me that they had power problems that day.

The thing with the antennas George mentioned is the Schnerzinger PROTECTOR , a new Schnerzinger product. I had already the chance to listen to it at an in home demo. Unbelievable what these box does.
I tried a lot of those "voodoo energy room treatment" like from acoustic revive, Quantum, Gabriel, Albat revolution and Stein Music. Although the Stein Platinum Set ( 3 xH2a+3xH2b+9xBlack Stones) made an really noticeable improvement to the sound at my home, the improvements which I heard with the Schnerzinger PROTECTOR were so dramatic that after having listening to music with it, it was impossible to listen enjoyable to the music without it anymore.

Schnerzinger told me that the PROTECTOR and CLEANER technology comes from radar research and is not comparable to that "energy stuff " which becomes popular in the hifi scene.
The downside of the Schnerzinger Protector was that - like George mentioned above that his iphone was not working in the Schnerzinger/Zellaton hifi de luxe show room while the protector was turned on - the cell phone reception in my house became very bad while the Protector was turned on.

Like me, a guy from Zellaton told me at the show, that although they have tried the best cables known in the business with their speakers, they were very surprised how superior the Schnerzinger cables sounded when they first heard them and that they want to install the Schnerzinger Protector technology as an option in the future in their speakers.

Schnerzinger told me that the Protector is not available right now but further information will be at their website soon.

http://www.zellaton.de

http://www.schnerzinger.com

There were power problems all three days. From what I understand, they ran off auxillary power generators for the whole show.

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
I would still like to know if Schnerzinger will eventually have a US presence?? I assume that the CEO could train someone who could demo the cables in people's systems to have a legitimate presence this side of the pond. I am still a wee bit confused what is done with a discovered weakness in someone's system. Maybe that is what makes me wonder the most. I mean, a system with high quality gear with a substantial power system investment in a new and well designed and great sounding room...what possible weaknesses could there really be?? I would be hacked to have my system dialed in and then have someone come in and move the speakers, etc.

Part of what I am excited about in planning a new uber system late this year is hearing strange and interesting new products.....I am just wondering about a few things though it would be sweet if the cables were more readily available for, ahhhh, more long term exposure!!!

Cheers,

Custodian

May 26, 2013
I was very disappointed with the Scnerzinger demo in Munich. It seemed to me that the sound lacked air as if the harmonics were being smothered. I have spoken since with the manufacturers in Dortmund and they also expressed frustration with the sound at the show. I hope to do some listening at their facility shortly.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
According to our experience, the bandwidth of the signal transmission and the ultimate unlimited and time correct signal processing in addition to the influences of electronic interference fields are the most important paramaters for the potential of an audio system.

Gee where have I seen this before? Is this really new? See my Walter Fields comment in my signature.

In my experience RFI/EMI is a problem,but one must be very judicious in it's anti-application. There are trade offs such as limiting high frequency extension vs a perception of increased clarity. The only cable that I continue to use a filter on is a digital cable all the rest have been removed. Improved grounding is all that is needed.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I would still like to know if Schnerzinger will eventually have a US presence??

You aren't the only one with that thought/question. ;)

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing