Schnerzinger cables - any experience?

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
I am sure all the accounts here are genuine, but Elberoth does make a fair point.

Would be helpful if one of the admins could check the IP address locations of the following people to confirm they are from different parts of the world: Tubedoctor, CATfriend, georgemg

I guess it's good to be a bit paranoid sometimes. I am sure everyone will check out and be genuine...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Note that a schnerzinger demo would require someone from schnerzinger to come to your home to determine which cables are the best match for your system and components. They need to be personally present. I believe their representation is currently only Germany based.

Hello, AudioExplorations. Perhaps Schnerzinger could dis-spell much of the skepticism, paranoia, suspicions and questions by expanding the availability of demos. Limiting sales and demos to Germany and only having a small handful of folks chiming in here and there with only one or a few amount of posts is bound to create some red flags, especially in the audio industry. Does anybody know if they do plan on expanding or attending any US based audio shows? Or anywhere else for that matter?

Tom

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Hopefully HJ will chime in but as far as I know they are still a very small company who only just recently started and they seem to be running at over capacity. They may wish to keep things small scale like Andy Payor @ Rockport? I really cannot comment... Hope we get HJ back commenting in this thread!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) I am aHUGE fan of Brazilian music although I don't understand a word of Portuguese, It speaks to me in a way few music from other countries do. Range is as large as your Music; From Luis Bonfa to Adriano Calcanhoto, Tom Jobim, Jorge Aragao or Pepeu Gomes ...

Frantz,
Your list must include Zelia Barbosa, Caetano Veloso, João Gilberto, Elis Regina, Maria Bethânia and Gilberto Gil. And also one of my favorites - Ney Matogrosso. You should get Pescador de Perolas as soon as possible ...
http://www.allmusic.com/album/pescador-de-perolas-mw0000475014

But I was terrified when I saw the asking price at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pescador-De-P%C3%A9rolas-Ney-Matogrosso/dp/B00000G8RI

Even the LP in average quality (that is the preferred version I own :) ) seems to be expensive:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEY-MATOGROSSO-brazil-LP-PESCADOR-DE-PEROLAS-CBS-/160968030173?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item257a7137dd

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Frantz,
Your list must include Zelia Barbosa, Caetano Veloso, João Gilberto, Elis Regina, Maria Bethânia and Gilberto Gil. And also one of my favorites - Ney Matogrosso. You should get Pescador de Perolas as soon as possible ...
http://www.allmusic.com/album/pescador-de-perolas-mw0000475014

But I was terrified when I saw the asking price at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pescador-De-P%C3%A9rolas-Ney-Matogrosso/dp/B00000G8RI

Even the LP in average quality (that is the preferred version I own :) ) seems to be expensive:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEY-MATOGROSSO-brazil-LP-PESCADOR-DE-PEROLAS-CBS-/160968030173?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item257a7137dd

It does ..
I am very familiar with all the artists on your list (several of their albums) save for Ney Mattogrosso of whom I know nothing first time I even heard the name... Researching Thanks

Joao Gilberto is one of my favorite artists> An incredible singer and guitarist
Elis Regina I have written about her, maybe one of the best voice this planet has known
Caetano Veloso. I don;t have all his albums (he is prolific) but at least a dozen ... If you don't have this album Livro (click here) ...Please get it in a hurry.

I will look into Ney Mattogrosso .

back to the cables.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
I do not want to cause unrest.
me bothers the questioning of the credibility of the posted messages here. for me arises the appearance, they think, the here their Write a review are all bribed accomplices the company Schnerzinger. This can then at the Seriositat the company Schnerzinger doubt. There are also already widely deliberate misinformation to damage the sale! In order to obtain accurate information please Mr. Klocke contact. He speaks English.
To clarify: Yes, I am an avid and staunch fan of Schnerzinger products. The have my full confidence. When I was 14 years old, started my musical passion. In the following 48 years I have tried many HiFi equipment and accessories tested. Never before had such an improvement for me the music was perceived. I live in Germany, near Hamburg. To the company Schnerzinger to Dortmund I drive with my car 3 hours. I have the great lucky, my cables and cleaner there personally pick. It always gives me an extraordinary and fantastic experience to hear the music system of Mr. Klocke. I've ordered a cable XLR-AES/EBU for Aurender S10. Production time 3 months. I know already today, the cable shall again bring about a significant improvement in sound. The new cable I personally would of Mr. Klocke pick and again let me be by his music system inspire. On the web page: http://schnerzinger.com/ under testimonials you see as the first picture my music system. The VYGER record player have I sold. The ALLNIC H-1500 II plus phono stage I offer in http://www.audio-markt.de/. If I succeed, I present here an updated picture.
best regards
CATfriend

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Please do not worry about this, unfortunately it is very common that members here on WBF question the credibility of new users.

I personally think it's a bit over the top and frankly the way some new and unknown members are being treated is unwelcoming and even rude. I know some of the WBF founders I am in contact with feel the same way. There have been several issues with this recently where members have taken it personally and left the forum.

Thank you for sharing your impressions of these cables, much appreciated!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) I personally think it's a bit over the top and frankly the way some new and unknown members are being treated is unwelcoming and even rude. I know some of the WBF founders I am in contact with feel the same way. There have been several issues with this recently where members have taken it personally and left the forum. (...)

+1!

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
I tried a photo of my current music system to show. I will but still some change.

best regards
CATfriend

IMG_1615.JPG

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
No doubt, AudioExplorations. Hello, CATfriend. Please forgive me for the off topic post but I have to ask, if you don't mind telling us, where did you get your speaker cable stands? Very nice looking rig, BTW. I love the attention to detail.

Tom

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
Hello Tom,
it are nothing to excuse. I give my experience and know gladly further. i have the stand himself built. was very easy for me. material cost for the balsa wood 55 Euro. balsa wood is very soft and easily. i have the wood as a piece 1000X80x80 mm get and then to boards of 1000X80X10 mm ??sliced. there is also finished balsa wood boards. when you which the stand also himself build like, doing a drawing with the dimensions. I hope, i could help you.
best regards
CATfriend IMG_1524.JPG

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
IMG_1523.JPG

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
IMG_1526.JPG

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
CATfriend - great system ! Did you have any reliability problems with CAT amps ? A friend of mine is selling a JL-2 Sig at a great price, and I'm seriously considering getting one. One thing which bothers me are the reliability issues ppl seem to have with those amps.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
CATfriend, GREAT system. The CAT amps are IMO some of the absolute best tube amps that money can buy. Love your cable lifters, VERY clever idea to use balsa wood. Do the brass dish resonators really help with the soundstage? I have heard these on a couple of occasions and both times the exhibitor swore by them. Can you describe the sound with them in the system and without?
Elberoth, IF you can get a JL-2 Sig at a great price, I'd jump at it.

CATfriend

Jan 31, 2013
Deutschland
CATfriend - great system ! Did you have any reliability problems with CAT amps ? A friend of mine is selling a JL-2 Sig at a great price, and I'm seriously considering getting one. One thing which bothers me are the reliability issues ppl seem to have with those amps.

Hello Elberoth,
I know ppl not. Please explain to me ppl. The Statement I have since July 2011. before The Statement I had JL1 and SL1 von Convergent. I heard her 10 years. the tubes were still well. Never a single problem or defect. because Convergent as reliable were and I the sound of Convergent very like, I bought the The Statement. yet it has the 6550C SED winged "C" and no KT120. the sound of the Statement I find fantastic. if the JL2 still in original condition and not retrofitted with KT120 tube I would buy it. provided the sound do you like.
Best regards
CATfriend

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing