Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear my friend Tang,you are too strong
Its a pity we live too far

Regards
Gianluigi

I would not be running business if I am your neighbor Gian.

Kind regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Also i
I am sales manager in Italy of the biggest Chinese company in the world producing linen yarn
Regards

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I will only buy what were demoing in my system. Those were one Grid Protector and a set of three Piccolos. If I had to choose one I would keep the larger one. We did not have much time to switch location on those devices, but the position they were in already satisfied me.

Kind regards,
Tang

Thank you...very interesting. will try to find out who sells here.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thank you...very interesting. will try to find out who sells here.

People who are using Tripoint seem to opt for Schnerzinger devices more easily.

1505004174819.jpg

1505004183064.jpg

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I like reading about your journey Tang. Thanks for posting.

Hello RogerD,

I guess the more we rid of RFI, EMI, the more we hear the true nature of our gears.
Following your journey also educate me so much, sir.

Kind regards,
Tang

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hello LL,

The Grid Protector is about the size of iPad mini two inches thick and not light in weight. It has a power cord connected to it. Michael said it has to be kickstarted by connecting to the wall outlet at first. After that you can take the power cord out and it would still work for months. However he recommended best to keep connecting to the grid but seperate from your dedicated line. When We demoed, the Grid Protector was put on the floor at the right front corner of my room and right next to my horn.(...)

This would suggest that this is an active device, generating some some well defined type of electromagnetic field, not just a passive device absorbing energy, as most "cleaning devices".

We have seen several devices operating this way - what I would call "additive" devices. IMHO they do not clean by removing, but just by adding something that masks "nasties" or even simply adding their "benefic noise".

As always in the high-end, the proof of the pudding is in the eating - thanks for reporting on these new devices.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Sawasdee All,

Michael of Zellaton came and we demoed the Grid Protector and the Piccolo. It was a fun session. I ordered both products. Straight to the point, the two products work hand in hand to :
1) make strings sound so close to real. High notes on guitar now pierce my ears with sharp energy. On direct to disc record I could literally hear each string of the acoustic guitar vibrate. That small tiny tingling sound from strings just made me smile. The energy from a trumpet in Ella's Moonlight in Vermont just gave me goose bumps. So tangible. I thought my 107 db sensitive Cessaros were already exceptional at that, but this was more.
2.) increase definition in sound. It is funny to say that I listen to music but I "see" what I am hearing better. I dont know if this make any sense to anyone. On some records its more there there. On some records its more here here.
3.) let me hear piano from Glenn Gould like never before. I must have listened to this album a hundred times before. But today the rhythm, the dynamic, the swing when this guy play Bach Goldberg Variations just made me lost into enjoying his performance instead of trying to be picky evaluating the devices. So musical. Still dont know what he murmured while he played though ;).

I cant explain how these devices work but these were my experiences putting them into my listening room for a few hours. The system was like getting injected with doses of stemcell. More alive. These things are as real as my Tripoints. Michael said what they do is cleaning up air from interferences and just let the system sing the way each component was designed to. Nothing more. If you feel that what i wrote sound like another hype, it is ok by me :cool:. I just wish you werein my room having fun enjoying music as much as me and a few of my friends yesterday.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tang, thanks for posting your experiences with grid protector and piccolo. I've had the giga protectors and grid protector in my listening room for evaluation several months ago and got similar results to the observations you described. I ended up purchasing 5000 speaker cable and an 8000 power cable for my system to start. The US distributor is Audio Arts, NYC. They will have the piccolo device in October so I may give it a try based on your results. Thanks.
Ralph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, thanks for posting your experiences with grid protector and piccolo. I've had the giga protectors and grid protector in my listening room for evaluation several months ago and got similar results to the observations you described. I ended up purchasing 5000 speaker cable and an 8000 power cable for my system to start. The US distributor is Audio Arts, NYC. They will have the piccolo device in October so I may give it a try based on your results. Thanks.
Ralph

Hello Ralph,

I dont know if the Schnerzenger devices work in all system or not. But for me, I knew exactly what aspect of sound I want to hear more in my room. I thought that my high was not as open as I want and was a little damp. Michael has good ears and detected that when he listened to my system before we put the Grid and Piccolo in. He also said that my system sounded a little dark. This is also true because I like my sound a little dark.. different kind of tone from his Zellaton :D. I was trying to find way to open up my high and get strings to vibrate and catch my ears more. The thing is I could have gone into so many wrong directions to get the sound I want to hear. I could have teared down some absorbers in my room or thought that there was some weak link in my chain of electronics, or was it the cable. But the devices so happened to cure my system inadequacy...specifically in that particular area no more no less. They have no negative side effect on other aspects of my sound that I highly valued. These Frankenstein unnatural tweaks somehow give me what I perceived to be "live" sound.

Kind regards,
Tang

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Hello RogerD,

I guess the more we rid of RFI, EMI, the more we hear the true nature of our gears.
Following your journey also educate me so much, sir.

Kind regards,
Tang

Does your cell phone still receive calls when the units are on ? Also check if the radio works, if you have an inside antennae.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Hello Tang,
the Giga Protector is not battery powered. It needs a power connection just like the Grid Protector. The Giga Protector eliminates high-frequency interference fields in the room, whereas the Grid Protector eliminates high-frequency and low-frequency interference of the entire home network. Both devices should not be plugged into the circuit of the hifi system. It is best to have another socket in the room. The Grid Protector has even made sure that the image of my TV in a very different room is clearer. I have experimented a lot with filters, conditioners and Voodoo Elektrosmog products with good and less good results, the Schnerzinger Grid Protector fascinates me. You'll be surprised.
A disadvantage of the Giga Protector you should consider. In my listening room the radio reception of my telephone has become worse. To telephone I go now always into another room.
Hope that will help you.

tubedoctor

That answers one of my questions. The other is Bluetooth for wireless mouse, keyboard, etc. Also those who use an I-Pad for controlling their music server.
You may want to shield the walls and part of the roof where EMR is entering toward your stereo components.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have six Picolos in my system now. They work hand in hand with my Tripoints and do exactly as I planed in post #189 and more. Different approach from MikeL and Audiocrack, but they definitely makes my system a Seabiscuit :D.

FE146C9C-5A37-4B5E-A94D-06B56B7E9ECD.jpg

Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I have six Picolos in my system now. They work hand in hand with my Tripoints and do exactly as I planed in post #189 and more. Different approach from MikeL and Audiocrack, but they definitely makes my system a Seabiscuit :D.

View attachment 38840

Tang

Hello Tang,

Was wondering: did you make a comparison with and without the Picolos in your system after adding the Tripoint Elite? In other words, do these devices in your view still add to the quality of your system after inserting the Elite?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Btw, very interesting amp in the first picture of post 185. Would love to compare these special single ended Zanden amps to my single ended Kagura’s.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Tang,

Was wondering: did you make a comparison with and without the Picolos in your system after adding the Tripoint Elite? In other words, do these devices in your view still add to the quality of your system after inserting the Elite?

Dear Rudolf,

The Piccolos were put into the system after the Elite. Michael of Zellaton intallled the Piccolos and the Grid protector for me on Tuesday after Nick Doshi was done with my tapefront. I was out visiting a my pesticide dealer when he was installing. I had my trusty agent and another friend monitored the installation. I would say the Grid Protector together with the Piccolos have no less effect than when I put the Elite into the system and definitely more than putting the Empresses in. They even further increase the realism of my system. The Piccolos play role on mid-high frequency while the Grip Protector significantly improves my lower end. Together with the Tripoint, I get this incredible “presence” of musical performance from my system. With both Schnerzenger devices and Tripoint, You would find me not talking so much and go specific in detail like when I talk cartridges or tts. People just have to get a chance to demo themselves.

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Dear Rudolf,

The Piccolos were put into the system after the Elite. Michael of Zellaton intallled the Piccolos and the Grid protector for me on Tuesday after Nick Doshi was done with my tapefront. I was out visiting a my pesticide dealer when he was installing. I had my trusty agent and another friend monitored the installation. I would say the Grip Protector together with the Piccolos have no less effect than when I put the Elite into the system and definitely more than putting the Empresses in. They even further increase the realism of my system. The Piccolos play role on mid-high frequency while the Grip Protector significantly improves my lower end. Together with the Tripoint, I get this incredible “presence” of musical performance from my system. With both Schnerzenger devices and Tripoint, You would find me not talking so much and go specific in detail like when I talk cartridges or tts. People just have to get a chance to demo themselves.

Kind regards,
Tang

Dear Tang,

I love your use of the word 'presence'. it carries so many shades of meanings. if the Schnerzenger builds on what the Elite does then it's truly special. I'd love to hear what it's doing.

enjoy!

Mike

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Dear Rudolf,

The Piccolos were put into the system after the Elite. Michael of Zellaton intallled the Piccolos and the Grid protector for me on Tuesday after Nick Doshi was done with my tapefront. I was out visiting a my pesticide dealer when he was installing. I had my trusty agent and another friend monitored the installation. I would say the Grid Protector together with the Piccolos have no less effect than when I put the Elite into the system and definitely more than putting the Empresses in. They even further increase the realism of my system. The Piccolos play role on mid-high frequency while the Grip Protector significantly improves my lower end. Together with the Tripoint, I get this incredible “presence” of musical performance from my system. With both Schnerzenger devices and Tripoint, You would find me not talking so much and go specific in detail like when I talk cartridges or tts. People just have to get a chance to demo themselves.

Kind regards,
Tang

Thanks Tang.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, you are killing me with this stuff! :confused:

I see a dual band 2m/70cm helically-wound handie-talkie transceiver antenna on a lighted microphone stand!

The Schwarzenegger devices work in mysterious way Ron. :D

These are the type of product I avoid talking much. The more I talk the more ridiculous I look. However, When I do something to my system and it had a significant effect, I would like to update in the forum.

Kind regards,
Tang

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I did not mean to make fun — well, OK, I did mean to a little bit. :eek:

We are very grateful for your incredibly articulate reports to the forum about your many audio equipment adventures!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing