Schnerzinger cables - any experience?

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
I had an in-home demo from a Scherzinger dealer over the weekend. Unfortunately I only had an hour whilst the normal process takes 3 hours, so could only test the interconnects. They produce all kind of cables and power distribution systems aimed at preventing noise from entering the system and removing it between components.

Demoed the X5000, X8000, along with some 'tuning' units that plugged into the ends of the cables, and a 'cleaner' device (that plugged into the digital RCA input of my DAC (!) and is said to rid the system of noise). No time to test speaker, power cables or distribution.

Both IC models (with and without the tuning elements plugged in) comfortably bested my Siltech Snow Lake G5's. Increase in speed, resolution, naturalness of treble, extension, space. Much deeper view into the music.

The prices, although expensive, are reasonable when compared to some other brands.

The company started commercially Nov 2011 so are just over a year old. Only a few accounts of these cables can be found online.

Their technology is an advanced metallurgical treatment of the silver conductor called molecular processing/atomic bonding. I have had great experience with cables that focus on metallurgies (siltech). Their site has very interesting information on the process. They describe 4 approaches: untreated pure conductor material, treated pure conductor material (long mono grain structure), complex treated alloy (silver mixed with gold - i.e. siltech), and finally schnerzinger atomic bonding which results in pure and long crystalline metal structures. They seem to be unique in this, although the top top Siltech cables recently feature mono XTAL technology which is also free of gold, prices of which of course catastrophic.

Unfortunately they do not lend out cables for extended in home demos as they need to ensure the cables are matched to the system which they can only do with themselves present for the setup. The have two lines; custom which are matched and tuned to each individual system and x-line which are more versatile with equipment changes but are not said to achieve quite the performance of the custom line.

I went into the demo thinking no way they would top my current Siltech cables... I was wrong. Was an eye-opener. These cables may be the holy grail, not aware of any other brands with such advanced processing capability.

Has anyone heard about these guys/use these cables?

(Note I am in no way affiliated in the industry, as I realize this post may come across suspicious. Just here to learn from other people experiences.)

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
The Schnerzinger Kabel manufakture http://www.schnerzinger.com is a german very small company who is speciallized in radiation and metallurgy research. They started making cables over 20 years ago, but for commercial hifi use they doing it only for 2 years. The Schnerzinger Kabel performance can not be compared to any other cable i know. From my experience with these cables i can truly say "The improvement you can reach with a whole Schnerzinger cable set up is far behind imagination", but for getting the "Magical" it is important to run a whole Schnerzinger set up. You may have big improvements by changing a single cable but at the end you need a whole Schnerzinger set up. Like you said, they are expensive but compared to their performance they are reasonable but i promise you, when you start using Schnerzinger you have to go the whole way.
I say this because after an in home demo i thought i only have to buy one XLR X-5000 cable to be satisfied. After over 3 month! waiting i got the cable and i was so happy what it did with my system. After 4 weeks i ordered the next XLR X-5000 and my system was making music and not hifi anymore. This was a huge step and i felt like i was on drugs. But from this point i felt and knew that i had to go the whole way.
Now with a Schnerzinger speaker cable, a whole Schnerzinger power distribution system - Innovator and Cleaner- i am at the end of the road. I never thought before that a recreation of a recorded "Music Event" is possible. It is impossible to imagine what happens to my system with these cables without having heard it. BUT- it was also a huge financial step too, which i did not planned to go. And that, i want to make clear: You can not stop when you start with just one! Schnerzinger cable. i know an audiophile knows this because it is always that way. But here it is different, because the steps are huge, even compared to changes of components like amps, front ends etc.

For example: i changed my amps from Spectral DMA 100 to Spectral DMA 360 MK2. For me a big difference in sound and money. The change from my cables- one of the reference cables of Stereophile and Absolute Sound- to a whole Schnerzinger Kabel System was huge. Both in sound and money too! And that is point. I spend so much money now into my hifi system and forgot that there are other things around. Holidays, bikeking, motorcycle, photographing etc. Yes, the Schnerzinger cables turns a good hifi system into an oustanding music system. But once you change to just one Schnerzinger cable the musical improvements forces you to go the whole way. And that means a whole bunch of money- and keep in mind the value of used cables is terrible.

I strongly advice you to consider this!

Here are some links of Schnerzinger reviews i found:

http://http://www.audioaficionado.org/cables-galore/12773-schnerzinger-cables.html

http://http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rcabl&1332546186&&&/Schnerzinger-X-5000-Kabel-audio-cable-In

http://http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/expensive-but-a-strong-recommendation-schnerzinger-cables-and-molecular-treatments.277347/

http://http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rcabl&1321884306&&&/Schnerzinger-X-3000-Interconnect

Here is a review of the Cleaner:

http://http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1348810664

Hope my words will help you.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Note that a schnerzinger demo would require someone from schnerzinger to come to your home to determine which cables are the best match for your system and components. They need to be personally present. I believe their representation is currently only Germany based.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Two of my friends tried to borrow those cables, but no go.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
They are based in Dortmund, a two hour flight from here.

Lets hope they will be able to check in a few extra bags... for the demo I had at my place in Nov Hans-Jurgen brought around 4 crates weighing around 15Kg each! I guess if you go straight for the top X8000 in the custom line and agree upfront whats needed you could cut down on a lot of weight.

In any case they must be present- HJ would not even let me borrow the demo cable for a short time to make more extended comparisons against my siltechs. He would not be able to guarantee I would use them in the recommended config after he would leave to garauntee they operate at their full potential.

I hope they agree to the oversees demo, would be great to hear your thoughts. Also great advertising for them if they impress you and even more so if you would purchase.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
In any case they must be present- HJ would not even let me borrow the demo cable for a short time to make more extended comparisons against my siltechs. He would not be able to guarantee I would use them in the recommended config after he would leave to garauntee they operate at their full potential.

What, they not even let you try the cables at home AFTER that are setup by them ??? Many items that impressed me in the first minutes/hours of listening, turned out to be disappointment long term.

And the explanation, that after they leave, they will not be able to guarantee thet you would use them in the recommended config is absurd. Haven't heard such a load of BS in a long time. Sorry to so frank.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What, they not even let you try the cables at home AFTER that are setup by them ??? Many items that impressed me in the first minutes/hours of listening, turned out to be disappointment long term.

And the explanation, that after they leave, they will not be able to guarantee thet you would use them in the recommended config is absurd. Haven't heard such a load of BS in a long time. Sorry to so frank.

Ain't that the truth! Despite measurements.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Elberoth,

I fully agree you on this point. Perhaps the cables are great, but this type of marketing only creates discredit to the industry. I really find strange that German law, that is considered to be excessively consumer protective in some aspects, allow for it. Do buyers have some type of return-refund protection?

IMHO, cables must be evaluated subjectively, and time is needed for it.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Elberoth,

I fully agree you on this point. Perhaps the cables are great, but this type of marketing only creates discredit to the industry. I really find strange that German law, that is considered to be excessively consumer protective in some aspects, allow for it. Do buyers have some type of return-refund protection?

IMHO, cables must be evaluated subjectively, and time is needed for it.

I find that time is needed with all components in order to properly evaluate them and make intelligent decisions. That is why I have never been a fan of fast A/B switching in order to make decisions about components. I want to live with something in my system and grow accustomed to how it sounds before I form opinions about it.

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
Because i also did not get the chance to stay with Schnerzinger cables for a longer period, I ordered my first cable directly after an in home demo. If the cable had not been so superior and if i had not tested so many other cables before i would not have done it. When i ordered i forgot thinking and just trusted my feelings. "Forgot thinking", because I know, that a different way of performance can fool you. Regarding that it was may be thoughtless to order directly, but on the other hand i wanted to have this performance and it was the only chance for me to go on further. Mr. Bremer from Audio Pro (the guy who makes the in home demos for Schnerzinger and he is the only Schnerzinger dealer) also told me that he could not let the demo cable for a longer listenig because he is totally sold out and that he needs his Schnerzinger demos for other demos. Schnerzinger would not be able to give him as much he needs. A friend of mine later told me that Schnerzinger does not want to grow much. For me not a good way of distribution!

But for my decision to order the Schnezinger cable i can say now i did everything right. After years or experimentation with many different HIFI components and cables I was never so satisfied, when listening to music. But as mentioned here before, it is right that it is not so easy to get the total Schnerzinger magic. You have to adjust the Schnerzinger interference field protection system which is build in the cables to your HIFI system. From my experiences now it is easy when you know how to do it, but to do it right it needs a little time. I think that is what Mr. Bremer wanted to say to "AudioExploration". He probably tried to point out that he would not be able to guarantee that the cables operate at their full potential when use them not in the recommended config after he would leave. At least he recommended me not to play with these adjustements when he left.

To the concerns that the Schnerzinger cable performance may not lasting i can say: even my first cable -after 2 years- has not lost anything, on the contrary those cables seem that they are still getting better and better with time. But the special for me is that these cables do not react sensitive of bad treatment. For example other cables especially some cryogenic and occ silver cables, which i had before, behaved very sensitive. Their performence seem to get worse by the time, especially when you let them fall or bending them or even when you just moved them a little bit. The Schnerzingers seem not to react, even of bad treatment, at all.

For me the Schnerzinger cables made the lucky punch!

Some notes i want to add : First:all described impressions are individual. Second: whenever you read something positive of a HIFI product which may interest you to buy, proove it with your own ears. Third: a good Hifi system is for listening and should get you away of thinking in better products! and fourth: whenever you made a decision trust yourself and do not try to confirm it by others!

These 4 notes helped me enjoying listening to music much more.

Last edited:

HJB

Jan 9, 2013
Informations about SCHNERZINGER

Thank you for the opportunity to be able to give some information about SCHNERZINGER to remove encountered misunderstandings and speculations in recent posts.

It is right that we send no cable/components to our customers, because the Setup of SCHNERZINGER cables/equipment is too complex and the customers can come to wrong results.

Normally, we visit our customers as part of a tour. Three to five customers are visited in the course of a tour.
A visit aims to develop an optimal Setup with the customer. We are interested to open up the potential of the audio system. Fixing a benchmark is the one side, on the other side solutions have to follow the budget of the customer.

To be prepared for a home Setup we need a complete set of SCHNERZINGER demo equipment, this means: one power distribution center (called Power Innovator); several power cords and interconnects of the model lines 3.000, 5.000 and 8.000; different sets of speaker cables, digital cables and a pair of cleaners (one digital, one analogue). Cleaners are active components, which are connected with one piece of electronic (for example a CD-Player). The function is, to reduce the electrical interference fields of the electronics.
In total, the demo equipment includes about 40 cables and accessories, distributed on seven crates, with more than 250 pounds weight.

The implementation of a SCHNERZINGER Setup is a complex process such as the customer's audio systems are complex.
Very often an audio system has at least one weak point. Many customers are themselves unaware of these deficits. To demonstrate the full sound potential of SCHNERZINGER cables, we must detect existing vulnerabilities and eliminate them.

Of course, the selection of appropriate cables, taking into account the identified weaknesses of the system and the customer budget is a focal point of the Setup process.

SCHNERZINGER cables offer a unique opportunity of adaptation to the respective electrical interference fields of the customer system. A key part of the Setup is making the adjustment of the cables in their entirety on the existing electronic interference fields.

In summary the setup process includes the identification of weak points, the selection of SCHNERZINGER cables and components and the adaption of the cables onto existing electrical interference fields. Of course all decisions have to be made on the basis of listening sessions. Normally the whole process takes between 4 and 6 hours. The results should offer a fundamentally new listening experience for the customer.

It is true that we can leave the customer at the time usually no SCHNERZINGER cable/components. The cause is that we need the complete cable set for several customers during our tours and have currently not enough cable for demonstration purposes. Our production backlog is currently between 2 and 4 months.

We do not know where the misunderstanding came from. Of course the sound characteristics of a SCHNERZINGER installation not changes over the time. It is an outstanding feature of the cables, that due to the molecular processing technique the superior sound results remain permanently (please refer to general information about SCHNERZINGER technologies "www.schnerzinger.com/home.php"). Our customers are satisfied long after we have performed the Setup.

Normally customers can make necessary adjustments of the cables to electrical interference fields after changes of the electronics themselves. To do this, they get a briefing.

Customers are rarely interested in cable comparisons after they have heard the SCHNERZINGER Setup. The normal theme is how an adequate SCHNERZINGER solution can be realized.

At the time, our visit routes are limited on Germany and neighbouring countries. Distribution channels for other countries will be examined, but this will take some time.

AudioPro. (Sole Distribution of SCHNERZINGER)

Because i also did not get the chance to stay with Schnerzinger cables for a longer period, I ordered my first cable directly after an in home demo. If the cable had not been so superior and if i had not tested so many other cables before i would not have done it. When i ordered i forgot thinking and just trusted my feelings. "Forgot thinking", because I know, that a different way of performance can fool you. Regarding that it was may be thoughtless to order directly, but on the other hand i wanted to have this performance and it was the only chance for me to go on further. Mr. Bremer from Audio Pro (the guy who makes the in home demos for Schnerzinger and he is the only Schnerzinger dealer) also told me that he could not let the demo cable for a longer listenig because he is totally sold out and that he needs his Schnerzinger demos for other demos. Schnerzinger would not be able to give him as much he needs. A friend of mine later told me that Schnerzinger does not want to grow much. For me not a good way of distribution!

But for my decision to order the Schnezinger cable i can say now i did everything right. After years or experimentation with many different HIFI components and cables I was never so satisfied, when listening to music. But as mentioned here before, it is right that it is not so easy to get the total Schnerzinger magic. You have to adjust the Schnerzinger interference field protection system which is build in the cables to your HIFI system. From my experiences now it is easy when you know how to do it, but to do it right it needs a little time. I think that is what Mr. Bremer wanted to say to "AudioExploration". He probably tried to point out that he would not be able to guarantee that the cables operate at their full potential when use them not in the recommended config after he would leave. At least he recommended me not to play with these adjustements when he left.

To the concerns that the Schnerzinger cable performance may not lasting i can say: even my first cable -after 2 years- has not lost anything, on the contrary those cables seem that they are still getting better and better with time. But the special for me is that these cables do not react sensitive of bad treatment. For example other cables especially some cryogenic and occ silver cables, which i had before, behaved very sensitive. Their performence seem to get worse by the time, especially when you let them fall or bending them or even when you just moved them a little bit. The Schnerzingers seem not to react, even of bad treatment, at all.

For me the Schnerzinger cables made the lucky punch!

Some notes i want to add : First:all described impressions are individual. Second: whenever you read something positive of a HIFI product which may interest you to buy, proove it with your own ears. Third: a good Hifi system is for listening and should get you away of thinking in better products! and fourth: whenever you made a decision trust yourself and do not try to confirm it by others!

These 4 notes helped me enjoying listening to music much more.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The implementation of a SCHNERZINGER Setup is a complex process such as the customer's audio systems are complex.
Very often an audio system has at least one weak point. Many customers are themselves unaware of these deficits. To demonstrate the full sound potential of SCHNERZINGER cables, we must detect existing vulnerabilities and eliminate them.

Welcome to WBF and thank you for taking the time to discuss the cable evaluation process but I have to ask you what you mean about a system's deficits and how you detect vulnerabilities?

HJB

Jan 9, 2013
According to our experience, the bandwidth of the signal transmission and the ultimate unlimited and time correct signal processing in addition to the influences of electronic interference fields are the most important paramaters for the potential of an audio system.

There are many possible weak points, which can significantly affect the potential in the respective audio system: E.g. power supply, cabling, used accessories or room aspects. Each of these themes is a wide area. Unfortunately a further discussion of the topics in the forum for temporal reasons is not possible for us. But fundamentally, we have treated some of the topics on our Web page "http://www.schnerzinger.com/molecularprocessing.php".

Welcome to WBF and thank you for taking the time to discuss the cable evaluation process but I have to ask you what you mean about a system's deficits and how you detect vulnerabilities?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing