What's the best sports convertible for $60K in cash, new or used?

hi5harry

Sep 11, 2011
Santa Cruz, Calif
IMG_3947.jpg
Oh , does it have to be able to go around corners too!!

nc42acc

Member Sponsor
Nov 10, 2015
North Carolina
I am with you Mike....post a picture, would love to see your Carrera S.

The cheapest most fun convertible out there is this......

well, I cannot say much about the R8 other than it seems to be a fine vehicle from afar, but......last summer I did buy a 16' Porsche CS2 PDK, sports chrono, sports exhaust......

mine is a coupe not a convertible.....but everything should apply equally. my wife has issues with wind in her eyes so a convertible is not a choice for me. personally I love the look of the 911, particularly the CS2. $90k should do it for a low mileage 15' or 16' nicely equipped.

I wanted a fun weekend car that the wife and I could enjoy. I had considered the Cayman GT4 or other 2 seaters but......the CS2 with it's generous front truck and flexible rear seat is perfect for my wife to have real world usable space. we took two 4 day trips with it and it delivered on all my expectations. and it is so comfortable to sit in. The CS2 has all the 'go-fast' one could ask for......400hp, under 4 seconds 0-60, 190 mph. sure there is more performance out there, but unless you track it what can one do with it?

and the quality of a CS2 and the way everything is so sorted out and perfect is much appreciated. and while some like the bigger brutish heavier 2 seaters, personally I'm a 'less is more' sort of person.....who appreciates the more agile lighter approach.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing