Looking for the best ergonomic wireless mouse...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Looking for the best ergonomic wireless mouse to replace a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse that has been the absolute best and worst mouse I have ever used. It's the best when it actually works. It's the worst due to the flaws associated with this mouse and I'm done dealing with it after two or three years of bliss mixed with hours on end of nothing but frustration and heartache. I'm not going to get into what the professionals and myself have done over the years to get it to work properly but suffice it to say, I've tried everything up to and including replacement and I'm at the end of my rope. Below is a picture of the Anywhere MX...

It fits perfectly into my hands and is very comfortable after hours on end of non-stop use. One of the features I value more than anything else is the scroll feature. Just using this forum as an example, I can go to the forum main page http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forum.php and whirl the scroll wheel just once and end up very quickly down at the bottom of the page. No other mouse I have used has been able to do this and is the one feature that I would consider a requirement with any new mouse. The scroll wheel also has a feature to where if you press down, it will engage into a normal mouse scroll wheel that "clicks" as you scroll up or down a page. I never use this feature...it's too slow. It has other features that I would consider as a "cool" factor but to be honest, I rarely, if ever use them.

My budget is whatever it needs to be but I'd like to keep it below $150-$200. Another thing I'd like to throw out there is that I'm not looking for a ball, nor am I looking for a gaming mouse. Just a reliable mouse that is fast, accurate and not plagued with issues that after a number of years have yet to be resolved by the computer experts or the company that manufactured it to begin with.

What do you have in mind as to what the best ergonomic, wireless mouse would be?

Added note; If the mouse you love happens to come with a wireless keyboard that is also something you would recommend? If the wireless keyboard/mouse combo can go up to around 20-25 feet in range, I'm all ears and I'll adjust the budget accordingly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to any suggestions you may have. Target date for purchase? Sooner rather than later. :)

Tom

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
This mouse is absolutely fantastic. The Logitech performance mouse MX. It tracks on anything with ease and agility.

This is clearly a RIGHT-HANDED mouse. Sinistrals need not look any further at this model.

I have three of them on different machines. It ALWAYS works. It does use a dongle in the USB, but it extends only 6mm from the socket and is very unobtrusive.

The original model of this mouse I have had for a few years and it still works--never had a problem with it. I decided to get more because I liked it so much. This newest version (that I have three of) I have had for about 8 months.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx

This is the most comfortable mouse I ever used. It completely supports your hand, even your thumb, and you can rest your fingers comfortably on the mouse without worrying about inadvertently clicking it. Scrolling it is great. You can scroll through a 100 page word document in one spin or finely scroll through a photoshop or quark display.

There is also a wireless keyboard, but I don't own it. Here's the link:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keybo...ss-Solar-Keyboard-K760-for-Mac?WT.ac=ps|10012

Attachments

• logitech mouse.jpg
    logitech mouse.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
This mouse is absolutely fantastic. The Logitech performance mouse MX. It tracks on anything with ease and agility.

+1. I have used Logitech mice for at least 10 years, with a brief break to try a Razer. The mice you pictured is exactly the same mouse I am using right now. It is 3 years old and going strong.

One criticism though - older Logi mice had a charging cradle, but this one requires you to plug it into a USB port. Definitely less convenient.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
+1. I have used Logitech mice for at least 10 years, with a brief break to try a Razer. The mice you pictured is exactly the same mouse I am using right now. It is 3 years old and going strong.

One criticism though - older Logi mice had a charging cradle, but this one requires you to plug it into a USB port. Definitely less convenient.

OH, NO! I respectfully disagree!

This is much more convenient. Not having a cradle, you just plug it into the USB with its cord when it needs a charge. It will run nonstop all day for days without recharging, and you can charge it overnight so it doesn't interfere with your using it. Plus, you can use it while it charges, just like a corded mouse. You couldn't do that with the older version with a cradle.

This is much more convenient than the older version that uses the cradle.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Fair enough, Gary! I used to simply put my mouse on the cradle every night so it was always charged. If I forget to charge my mouse it will be dead in a couple of weeks. The way I use my mouse, I hate having it wired.

Logitech really are the Toyota of the computer peripheral world. Cheap, plastic, reliable, and ubiquitous. I have tried Razer and Roccat but they both had idiosyncrasies - the Razer had flaky driver software, and the Roccat didn't like the black leather surface I mouse on (all other mice have no problems). I got rid of both fairly quickly.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I use the battery-powered M705 mouse and KT-800 Illuminated keyboard. While the scroll wheel is not as fast as the MX, I cheat and use the HOME key instead. ;)

The KT-800 keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever owned. It's wireless, but not battery operated though. A charge via the micro-USB cable lasts for weeks, and I spend roughly 6-8 a day on my PC.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

This is clearly a RIGHT-HANDED mouse. Sinistrals need not look any further at this model.

I have three of them on different machines. It ALWAYS works. It does use a dongle in the USB, but it extends only 6mm from the socket and is very unobtrusive.

The original model of this mouse I have had for a few years and it still works--never had a problem with it. I decided to get more because I liked it so much. This newest version (that I have three of) I have had for about 8 months.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx

This is the most comfortable mouse I ever used. It completely supports your hand, even your thumb, and you can rest your fingers comfortably on the mouse without worrying about inadvertently clicking it. Scrolling it is great. You can scroll through a 100 page word document in one spin or finely scroll through a photoshop or quark display.

There is also a wireless keyboard, but I don't own it. Here's the link:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keybo...ss-Solar-Keyboard-K760-for-Mac?WT.ac=ps|10012

Was very happy with this mouse too though now use an Apple trackpad for everything.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Anybody try some of the new "handshake" type ergonomic mice? I'm problems with my right hand, and worried that hours of non-stop use may be giving me carpal-tunnel syndrome. So I'm also researching my options...

This is the Microsoft one:

81YgowBQ6yS._AA1500_.jpg

and another by

61bl9FNU42L._AA1500_.jpg

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The caveat here and for all "ergonomic" personal devices is whether it fits YOUR hand. A caveat I repeat every time I review a mouse / trackball. I miss the "mouse bars" of the CompUSA type stores where you could hold all the different mice to see how well they fit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing