LSA Statement amp

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Do you want to tell us a little about it?

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
know a guy selling his , but 230v / 50hz version
never heard one myself

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's one of our products. I didn't know John had further upgrades available for them. John as the VP for Engineering of LSA Group (aside from his own company, Exemplar) is responsible for both the Signature and Statement models and their improvement over the Standard which was a carry over from the purchase of DK Designs.

It is a sturdy and very flexible integrated which responds very well to tube rolling. This indicates to me that the amp itself is transparent to the input devices. My Dad who just turned 78, has one fitted with Siemens CCa's. He wanted as few buttons as possible for ease of use. This integrated surely delivers on that front with only two buttons (standby/on and input selector cycler along with a volume disc). It's been used everyday for 4 years or so with no issues whatsoever.

The MM phono input is decent enough and mates easily with good SUTs for MC use. This makes it a one box solution for people who need copious amounts of clean power but would like to save on complexity and space.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
JT? John Tucker?

I heard a pair of monos in Winston's room a few times. He really likes them.

Last time I visited, Winston has gone back to them and retired the dual Berning amps. They aren't monoblocks - they are stereo and Winston needs that because his speakers require bi-amping. They are very clean and dynamic, and I thought less colored than the Berning amps that they replaced.

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Last time I visited, Winston has gone back to them and retired the dual Berning amps. They aren't monoblocks - they are stereo and Winston needs that because his speakers require bi-amping. They are very clean and dynamic, and I thought less colored than the Berning amps that they replaced.

He replaced 33K amps with 9K amps? I will be In Seattle in a few weeks and hope John Tucker can bring me in for a visit to here his system.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
berning coloured?

Although I can hardly believe it, i hear what you say. I myself have not yet encountered a less coloured product than then Berning amps, though ironically, I speak without ever hearing the QZ's..If he wants to sell them, I might be interested ;-)
But I am completely smitten by my ZH270 as well as my ZH230. YMV..

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.

Although I can hardly believe it, i hear what you say. I myself have not yet encountered a less coloured product than then Berning amps, though ironically, I speak without ever hearing the QZ's..If he wants to sell them, I might be interested ;-)
But I am completely smitten by my ZH270 as well as my ZH230. YMV..

Having had the Atma/Tenor OTL amps I think colored is not a word to be used with any OTL. I have the LSA Statement amp with JT mods to the Pre amp section and it is as good as my ASR Emitter 1. It has more snap than the ASR but not as quiet.

I would love to be able to drive my EA MM1 speaker @87Db / 6 Ohm with an OTL amp such as the Berning. Not going to happen.

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Having the Pioneer/TAD S2Ex speakers @ 87Db I see that AJ's uses Bel Canto amps in shows. The BC 500M is used and I am thinking to sell the LSA and get the 500M.

Anyone have the BC 500M and care to comment?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing