My Martin Logan Ethos ESL review.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Hey stat fans, my Martin Logan Ethos review.

It is the REAL deal, in my estimation.

$6795 MSRP.

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-l...ms/martinlogan-ethos-loudspeakers-review.html

:D:cool:

Andre, nice review. BTW, I noticed that you heard a distinct change in the sound once you had applied AC to the room on a humid day. That has been my experience as well, in a hot and humid room, the sound seems to sag a little compared to a cooler less humid room. ( I started a thread about this sort of thing a while back). This effect seems more noticeable with 'stats than with other speakers, although all speakers in my experience do exhibit some of the same to a greater or lesser degree.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Andre, nice review. BTW, I noticed that you heard a distinct change in the sound once you had applied AC to the room on a humid day. That has been my experience as well, in a hot and humid room, the sound seems to sag a little compared to a cooler less humid room. ( I started a thread about this sort of thing a while back). This effect seems more noticeable with 'stats than with other speakers, although all speakers in my experience do exhibit some of the same to a greater or lesser degree.

You nailed it. We had more humidity than normal back in September, and there definitely was a sluggishness to the sound. It is dry a as bone now.

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center

I have a similar issue with my ribbon speaker , the top end is affected by temperature / humidity ..

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Interesting read , how come you dont consider 50watts/ ch under powered ....:)

Good question. Because it worked perfectly. 50 REAL watts of tube power was more than enough. Ask Myles, I believe
he posted about Martin Logans faring rather well with "low powered" tube amps too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing