High Resolution Music Downloads from MARecordings

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Seems pretty late for bed in Tokyo right now, but hope you have a restful sleep..........

Thanks for all

Sonically Yours

todd
ma

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Todd... guess you'll need to hook up with someone with a Sonoma or Pyramix rig to do your heavy lifting. Shame that these recordings can't be done in DSD from start to finish. It's all about the music!

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Dear Bruce

Actually, there is very little heavy lifting now. The amps are in the Mics, the KORG is in the shoulderbag. The Stax amp is the heaviest. I have no experience with the Sonoma, although I do with Pyramix and SADiE. If I sell a ton of Hi Rez stuff, perhaps I could get a SADiE as I like the sound. However, I am not sure about 5.6 MHz. Is there anything out there doing 5.6MHz?

Sonically Yours....

todd
ma

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Dear Bruce

Actually, there is very little heavy lifting now. The amps are in the Mics, the KORG is in the shoulderbag. The Stax amp is the heaviest. I have no experience with the Sonoma, although I do with Pyramix and SADiE. If I sell a ton of Hi Rez stuff, perhaps I could get a SADiE as I like the sound. However, I am not sure about 5.6 MHz. Is there anything out there doing 5.6MHz?

Sonically Yours....

todd
ma

Good-luck in finding a SADiE DSD workstation. They're no longer made. I never liked the SADiE DSD sound though, but the PCM is great! The best DSD sound I've heard is through our Sonoma with the Grimm AD1, though there are 2 programs in beta now that will do DSD5.6 and sound really good!

MA Recordings

Nov 18, 2012
Good-luck in finding a SADiE DSD workstation. They're no longer made. I never liked the SADiE DSD sound though, but the PCM is great! The best DSD sound I've heard is through our Sonoma with the Grimm AD1, though there are 2 programs in beta now that will do DSD5.6 and sound really good!

Dear Bruce

Thanks for the info. I am not really in the market at this point anyway. I have been aware of the Grimm AD for at least 7 years when I had a tiny booth at the audio show in Eindhonven, Holland. While there, I had the honor of being at a peudo Japanese/Chinese dinner affair and sat next to Eelco Grimm who is also a professor of psychoacoustics (if I am not mistaken....) At that time, I asked him about a DA converter, but it seems he has never been able to get one on the market. Perhaps it would be a good time......

Sonically Yours
todd
ma

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing