Tech companies and commercials

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
What is it with Tech companies and lousy commercials? Is that geeks can't tell what quality is? Latest examples are from Yahoo. I mean what does this have to do with Yahoo and why couldn't get someone to produce this better?

The ads from my ex-employer (Microsoft) were even worse than these. Anyone remember the MSN butterfly ads? Or the dinosaurs for Office?

The latest Intel ads are not half bad. But still, they spend the money, why don't they go and hire a proper ad agency like Apple does?

Any other examples people know of poorly done advertising on national TV?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What is it with Tech companies and lousy commercials? Is that geeks can't tell what quality is? Latest examples are from Yahoo. I mean what does this have to do with Yahoo and why couldn't get someone to produce this better?

The ads from my ex-employer (Microsoft) were even worse than these. Anyone remember the MSN butterfly ads? Or the dinosaurs for Office?

The latest Intel ads are not half bad. But still, they spend the money, why don't they go and hire a proper ad agency like Apple does?

Any other examples people know of poorly done advertising on national TV?

Maybe we're just getting to be old farts.

Monkeyboy

Jun 25, 2010
Northern Virginia
I can't help but laugh at this thread. I couldn't tell you what technology company commercials stink because I haven't watched any commercials in years. I started disliking commercials in high school and I turn the radio to another station or I put in a cd. What little tv I watch I automatically turn of the sound for all commercials, regardless of what the product is. I can tell when the commercials are off because the images regain a more relaxed pace again. Why should I watch or listen to commercials? I'm not going to buy their junk anyway. The stuff I buy doesn't get advertised in commercials on mass media for the most part.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was just watching a TV episode I missed on Hulu. It played ads every 15 minutes and asked me whether I thought the ad applied to me. I said no regardless of whether it did or not just to mess with them. So I am with you all the way :D.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing