Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Turntable Isolation

If you have an LP12 they sound better on a light stand. I tried a very ridged one, Star Sound stand and this is true. I ended up with a Rube Goldberg stand. Old Torlite Linn stand on top of a target short table. Was always afraid I would knock it over but sounded really good. The LP12 excels at quick handling of music and this reinforces that. The heavy stand slowed it down and made the sound heavier.

I saw these on the WHAT HIFI site and they looked good.
    Vayta has been inspired in designing the concept of dekk as a result of unpleasant vibrations often generated when listening to music and hope the dekk can make them a thing of the past.

The company says it has used some of the world's leading audio vibration materials, as well as "uniquely clever and patented design features" to make your audio experience better.

Its design sees the use of feet that boast a visco-elastic material called Sorbothane a solid that behaves like a liquid when pressure is applied to it, and therefore absorbent.

Meanwhile, a patented design called Acoustic Damping System (ADS) Technology has also been applied, which allows the feet to unlock and disengage when pressure is applied.

This means the audio device you're using and the Corian-made platform on which it sits are left "floating" on the Sorbothane a design feature that aims to reduce vibrations further.

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/vayta-l...zYYbxMkf6Wr.99

Quote Originally Posted by hifistan View Post
    If you have an LP12 they sound better on a light stand. I tried a very ridged one, Star Sound stand and this is true. I ended up with a Rube Goldberg stand. Old Torlite Linn stand on top of a target short table. Was always afraid I would knock it over but sounded really good. The LP12 excels at quick handling of music and this reinforces that. The heavy stand slowed it down and made the sound heavier.
    That is the case, except if one is using a Tramp 2 base...in which case, I believe that the support beneath the table is not of so much consequence. Adding a Tramp 2 was a very nice upgrade to my LP12.

Quote Originally Posted by hifistan View Post
    I saw these on the WHAT HIFI site and they looked good.
    Vayta has been inspired in designing the concept of dekk as a result of unpleasant vibrations often generated when listening to music and hope the dekk can make them a thing of the past.

The company says it has used some of the world's leading audio vibration materials, as well as "uniquely clever and patented design features" to make your audio experience better.

Its design sees the use of feet that boast a visco-elastic material called Sorbothane a solid that behaves like a liquid when pressure is applied to it, and therefore absorbent.

Meanwhile, a patented design called Acoustic Damping System (ADS) Technology has also been applied, which allows the feet to unlock and disengage when pressure is applied.

This means the audio device you're using and the Corian-made platform on which it sits are left "floating" on the Sorbothane a design feature that aims to reduce vibrations further.

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/vayta-l...zYYbxMkf6Wr.99

seems this was a complete failure. How does one get their money back on kickstarter if it does not go ahead?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...udio-equipment

They seem to now be selling dodgy sunglasses - LOL

http://www.vayta.co.uk/
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Don't know what it is about Target but their basic racks & stands always worked very well with a lot equipment. I have some of their amp stands since the 80's under some very high end equipment and don't see a need for upgrade.

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

Name:  Mastorack3.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  315.4 KB

This is my private DIY installation. Sand filled steel profiles plus Italian slate. The TT table and the elecronics cage
    on pneumtical suspensions. This is high mass+suspension type of damping. Gave me a peace of mind

Cheers
    jarek
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced Pneumatic
    Anti-vibration Platforms

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567