Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Turntable Isolation

  1. #61
    If you have an LP12 they sound better on a light stand. I tried a very ridged one, Star Sound stand and this is true. I ended up with a Rube Goldberg stand. Old Torlite Linn stand on top of a target short table. Was always afraid I would knock it over but sounded really good. The LP12 excels at quick handling of music and this reinforces that. The heavy stand slowed it down and made the sound heavier.

  2. #62
    I saw these on the WHAT HIFI site and they looked good.
    Vayta has been inspired in designing the concept of dekk as a result of unpleasant vibrations often generated when listening to music and hope the dekk can make them a thing of the past.

    The company says it has used some of the world's leading audio vibration materials, as well as "uniquely clever and patented design features" to make your audio experience better.

    Its design sees the use of feet that boast a visco-elastic material called Sorbothane a solid that behaves like a liquid when pressure is applied to it, and therefore absorbent.

    Meanwhile, a patented design called Acoustic Damping System (ADS) Technology has also been applied, which allows the feet to unlock and disengage when pressure is applied.

    This means the audio device you're using and the Corian-made platform on which it sits are left "floating" on the Sorbothane a design feature that aims to reduce vibrations further.


    Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/vayta-l...zYYbxMkf6Wr.99

  3. #63
    Addicted to Best! DaveyF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    La Jolla, Calif USA
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by hifistan View Post
    If you have an LP12 they sound better on a light stand. I tried a very ridged one, Star Sound stand and this is true. I ended up with a Rube Goldberg stand. Old Torlite Linn stand on top of a target short table. Was always afraid I would knock it over but sounded really good. The LP12 excels at quick handling of music and this reinforces that. The heavy stand slowed it down and made the sound heavier.
    That is the case, except if one is using a Tramp 2 base...in which case, I believe that the support beneath the table is not of so much consequence. Adding a Tramp 2 was a very nice upgrade to my LP12.

  4. #64
    Addicted to Best! XV-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by hifistan View Post
    I saw these on the WHAT HIFI site and they looked good.
    Vayta has been inspired in designing the concept of dekk as a result of unpleasant vibrations often generated when listening to music and hope the dekk can make them a thing of the past.

    The company says it has used some of the world's leading audio vibration materials, as well as "uniquely clever and patented design features" to make your audio experience better.

    Its design sees the use of feet that boast a visco-elastic material called Sorbothane a solid that behaves like a liquid when pressure is applied to it, and therefore absorbent.

    Meanwhile, a patented design called Acoustic Damping System (ADS) Technology has also been applied, which allows the feet to unlock and disengage when pressure is applied.

    This means the audio device you're using and the Corian-made platform on which it sits are left "floating" on the Sorbothane a design feature that aims to reduce vibrations further.


    Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/vayta-l...zYYbxMkf6Wr.99

    seems this was a complete failure. How does one get their money back on kickstarter if it does not go ahead?

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...udio-equipment


    They seem to now be selling dodgy sunglasses - LOL

    http://www.vayta.co.uk/
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3, Technics SP10mk3, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

  5. #65
    [Industry Expert] ddk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,092
    Don't know what it is about Target but their basic racks & stands always worked very well with a lot equipment. I have some of their amp stands since the 80's under some very high end equipment and don't see a need for upgrade.

    david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Kharma OLS Speakers, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers,
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.
    VENTA Air Washers & Humidifiers

    Manufacture: American Sound Turntables and The Nothing Rack.

    System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

  6. #66
    [Industry Expert] Stacore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    360
    Name:  Mastorack3.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  315.4 KB

    This is my private DIY installation. Sand filled steel profiles plus Italian slate. The TT table and the elecronics cage
    on pneumtical suspensions. This is high mass+suspension type of damping. Gave me a peace of mind

    Cheers
    jarek
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced
    Anti-vibration Solutions

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacore View Post
    Name:  Mastorack3.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  315.4 KB

    This is my private DIY installation. Sand filled steel profiles plus Italian slate. The TT table and the elecronics cage
    on pneumtical suspensions. This is high mass+suspension type of damping. Gave me a peace of mind

    Cheers
    jarek
    Very nice Jarek!
    Thanks,
    Paul

    Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: McIntosh MC452, MC207 Pre-Amp McIntosh C2500
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo BDP-83SE NuForce Edition DAC: Anedio D2
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)

  8. #68
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] Tango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,433
    I know I can trust you with this Jarek.

  9. #69
    [Industry Expert] Stacore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I know I can trust you with this Jarek.
    This rack of mine is nothing compared to what we are cooking for you
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced
    Anti-vibration Solutions

  10. #70
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I know I can trust you with this Jarek.
    You are in good hands if he is making something better than that beast above

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Isolation Systems for Amps
    By brianherlihy in forum Audio Tweaks Forum
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 05:53 PM
  2. Isolation materials
    By ack in forum Isolation Devices/ Stands
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2016, 04:34 PM
  3. Subwoofer isolation pad
    By Randall Smith in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2016, 10:07 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
  5. Vibration, isolation and electronics...
    By Phelonious Ponk in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •