Does anyone have experience with a Jura Impressa J9 or Z7?

zepherman

Jun 25, 2010
The Sunny Southwest
I am looking to buy a super automatic espresso machine and have narrowed my choice to Jura-Capresso. I am interested in buying either the J9 with TFT display or the Z7. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these two machines? How reliable are Jura coffee centers in general? I'd hate to buy one this pricey only to have a slew of problems 6 months from now.

Does Jura offer extended service plans for these machines?

Thanks in advance.:)

Seth

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi Seth. I own the Z-5.The Z-6 and Z-7 are very similar and IMO the best coffee maker I have ever owned. Before it I owned the S9 and it too was excellent

IIRC fellow member here Ron Party owned the S9 and had to have it replaced several times until he finally returned it for faulty performance

Stick with the Z7

zepherman

Jun 25, 2010
The Sunny Southwest
Hi Seth. I own the Z-5.The Z-6 and Z-7 are very similar and IMO the best coffee maker I have ever owned. Before it I owned the S9 and it too was excellent

IIRC fellow member here Ron Party owned the S9 and had to have it replaced several times until he finally returned it for faulty performance

Stick with the Z7

Thanks for your reply.;). The Z7 is a definitely a beauty of a machine! You owned an S9 and liked it also, but you said Ron owned one and had some issues with it. Have you heard anything (good or bad) on the J9 one touch? I really like the color TFT display on the J9. I wonder how it is compared to the Z7?

Steve Williams

No Ron IIRC had the new J9 and had 4 units replaced before he finally gave upon it. I agree the touch screen is trick but it's the coffeee and the crema that IMO are most important

I would stick with the Z series. I was going to upgrade from the Z-5 to the Z-7 but in reality they are almost identical.

Next year Jura is releasing a pro model with dual coffee grinders and is the one I will upgrade to (Giga X9c). I started a thread on the new Giga5,7 and 9

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?6536-Jura-Giga5&p=107510&viewfull=1#post107510

zepherman

Jun 25, 2010
The Sunny Southwest
No Ron IIRC had the new J9 and had 4 units replaced before he finally gave upon it. I agree the touch screen is trick but it's the coffeee and the crema that IMO are most important

I would stick with the Z series. I was going to upgrade from the Z-5 to the Z-7 but in reality they are almost identical.

Next year Jura is releasing a pro model with dual coffee grinders and is the one I will upgrade to (Giga X9c). I started a thread on the new Giga5,7 and 9

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?6536-Jura-Giga5&p=107510&viewfull=1#post107510

Well after much consideration, and after reading countless reviews, I purchased a J9 One Touch TFT. I've been using it now for going on 3 months, and so far it has performed perfectly. It makes the best tasting coffee, espresso, Latte's, and Cappuccino's I've had at home. And better than a lot of coffee places I've been to. So far I am super happy with my J9! The one thing that I've learned is to stay consistent with the maintenance, and to keep the frother unit clean. I use the Clearyl Blue water filter, and the company says that I don't need to descale since I'm using it, but I went ahead and did one recently anyway. I just want to keep it performing optimally.

I got the large milk cool control and the cup warmer. Both, very nice accessories to have.:) As for coffee, I tried Illy and the Capresso brand, but much prefer the taste of Lavazza Super Crema. So I now make sure I have enough on hand.

I saw some video reviews on the Giga 5, and it is one amazing machine! If I upgrade it will be with one of those! But so far I'm loving my J9! Before the warranty on mine is over, I'm going to get the extended warranty from Jura. I think it's a well worthwhile thing to get, if anything, to have peace of mind.

So when are you getting a Jura Giga X9c?

Seth

drmanny3

Jul 4, 2014
I started with the Jura F9 and after 15,000 coffees I sent it in to Jura to have it refurbished. I ended up selling it on eBay and them purchased a Z5. The Z5 was much superior to the F9. I did have some problems in leaking issues. That seems to be a common complaint. I have had it now for 4 years and decided to upgrade again. I looked at the Z7 which is a current model. I also looked at the Z9 with the TFT screen. So after much thought I got the Z9. I am waiting on it as it is coming from back East. I got the 34 oz. cooler and a cup warmer. I may sell both, as I typically just do coffee and espresso and the occasional milk based drink. I realize the Z7 and Z9 are basically the same, just a different look. The units with double coffee grinders look good but might not fit under our counter. Also I just use 100% Kona and have no need for an additional coffee. Jura is really good about fixing units out of warranty. You just send it back (The cover postage both ways) and they will turn it around in about a week. For the Z5 it is $350 and they will repair anything that is not working. I do love the look of their machines.

Steve Williams

I started with the Jura F9 and after 15,000 coffees I sent it in to Jura to have it refurbished. I ended up selling it on eBay and them purchased a Z5. The Z5 was much superior to the F9. I did have some problems in leaking issues. That seems to be a common complaint. I have had it now for 4 years and decided to upgrade again. I looked at the Z7 which is a current model. I also looked at the Z9 with the TFT screen. So after much thought I got the Z9. I am waiting on it as it is coming from back East. I got the 34 oz. cooler and a cup warmer. I may sell both, as I typically just do coffee and espresso and the occasional milk based drink. I realize the Z7 and Z9 are basically the same, just a different look. The units with double coffee grinders look good but might not fit under our counter. Also I just use 100% Kona and have no need for an additional coffee. Jura is really good about fixing units out of warranty. You just send it back (The cover postage both ways) and they will turn it around in about a week. For the Z5 it is $350 and they will repair anything that is not working. I do love the look of their machines.

I completely agree about their service on out of warranty machine. They will even send you a custom box for the unit you are returning if you don't have the original

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing