Oppo BDP-103 & BDP-105 Universal Blu-ray Players :: Reviews & Opinions.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thanks for the reply.

The 103 is hookup to a Denon 2313 with (2) HDMI cables. Video of the Oppo in the #1 location CD's are played using #2. I set it up that way to retain the individual settings. Noise is coming from the back surround sound speakers, mainly through the tweeters, though minimal, still annoying in between songs. It can’t be a connection problem because playing a video through HDMI #1 or #2 is quiet. No issues. However CD's when paused, I will hear the noise on both HDMI #1 or #2.

I tried ground isolation all my equipment including the Directv coax however the noise is still there. This doesn’t appear to be a grounding issue.

One interesting note is that Turning off Audyssey will eliminate the noise. Don’t want to do that because the stereo sounds better w/ Audyssey on with or without noise.

This probably a Denon isuue know that I am think about it.

I just got both pieces of equipment. Performed Audyssey testing several times. Noise still there.

---- Ok Wayne, I want to fully understand what you're doing, because right now I am confused:

1. The HDMI 1 output of your Oppo 103, where is it going? ...Directly to your TV display, or your Denon receiver?
2. The HDMI 2 output of your Oppo 103, is it going to your Denon 2313 receiver?
3. Are you at the latest firmware in your Oppo 103?
4. When you play a CD inside your Oppo 103, and that Audyssey is enable in your Denon receiver; which audio mode are you selecting?
5. Did you have another Blu-ray player prior to your Oppo 103? ...And were you experimenting that same issue?

6. Your Denon 2313, and also your Oppo 103; as jou just said, are new pieces of equipment.
=> Now, can you do this for me please: (a) Tell me the Audio (HDMI) settings in your Oppo 103. (b) Tell me the audio (HDMI) settings in your Denon 2313.

* 7. You said that if you disable Audyssey, the noise is gone now from your back surrounds.
Alright; do you have Audyssey Dynamic Volume engaged? ...Audyssey Dynamic EQ engaged? If yes, try without (disable both of them).

8. If you are playing stereo CDs through your seven speakers (7.1-channel), which audio mode are you selecting again?

9. In the Video Setup menu of your Oppo 103, what did you select for Dual HDMI Output? ...'Split A/V'?
10. In the Audio Format Setup menu of your Oppo 103, did you select 'Bitstream' for HDMI Audio?

See, I need to know clearly. I am very familar with your Oppo 103 because I use the same one myself.
And your Denon 2313, I got a review right here (Home Theater mag, April 2013 issue), plus I had a few Denon receivers in the past.
Yours has Audyssey MultEQ XT (up to eight positions mic). ...By the way, take all eight mic measurements.

Last, I wanna know which audio mode you use from your Denon receiver when playing CDs.
...Because I will replicate some' similar at my own place, from my Integra pre/pro, and also with Audyssey engaged.

I'm willing to work this one out all the way with you till we find the right solution. Are you a patient person?

Bob

P.S. So far my best guess is that it has some to do with perhaps the settings (audio), from your Denon 2313 receiver. But it's just a guess; we need confirmation, and for that, the more info the better equipped we are.

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
1. The HDMI 1 output of your Oppo 103, where is it going? ...Directly to your TV display, or your Denon receiver? Deon - video usage

2. The HDMI 2 output of your Oppo 103, is it going to your Denon 2313 receiver? Denon - cd's, SACD's, FLAC's

3. Are you at the latest firmware in your Oppo 103? Yes, Network connected
4. When you play a CD inside your Oppo 103, and that Audyssey is enable in your Denon receiver; which audio mode are you selecting? Something multichannel, PLIIx usually

5. Did you have another Blu-ray player prior to your Oppo 103? ...And were you experimenting that same issue? PS3 and another DVD player no issues with both

6. Your Denon 2313, and also your Oppo 103; as jou just said, are new pieces of equipment.

=> Now, can you do this for me please: (a) Tell me the Audio (HDMI) settings in your Oppo 103. (b) Tell me the audio (HDMI) settings in your Denon 2313. Oppo settings: Audio - Bitstream, SACD - PCM, HDMI - off, Audio processing - 120 Hz, Dynamic Range - on

Denon settings: I have come to the conclusion that this is an Audyssey issue and in playing with the setting I found the:
Audyssey: nosiest
Graphic Eq: This will give me a cleaner sound. Less noise. This is probably the setting Ill keep – I like the pronounced highs it delivers.
MutiEQ xt: When turned on the noise disappears completely.

* 7. You said that if you disable Audyssey, the noise is gone now from your back surrounds.
Alright; do you have Audyssey Dynamic Volume engaged? ...Audyssey Dynamic EQ engaged? If yes, try without (disable both of them). Doesn’t make a difference

8. If you are playing stereo CDs through your seven speakers (7.1-channel), which audio mode are you selecting again? Noise is in all modes. PLIIx is normally what I use

9. In the Video Setup menu of your Oppo 103, what did you select for Dual HDMI Output? ...'Split A/V'? Yes

10. In the Audio Format Setup menu of your Oppo 103, did you select 'Bitstream' for HDMI Audio? Yes

See, I need to know clearly. I am very familar with your Oppo 103 because I use the same one myself.
And your Denon 2313, I got a review right here (Home Theater mag, April 2013 issue), plus I had a few Denon receivers in the past.
Yours has Audyssey MultEQ XT (up to eight positions mic). ...By the way, take all eight mic measurements. I have run Audyssey several time utilizing different areas. one couch 5 different meas. Noise has alway been there regardless.

Last, I wanna know which audio mode you use from your Denon receiver when playing CDs. I have a 7.1 setup

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Wayne, that's your name right?

If I was you, and I'm telling you this because it is the best connection possible:

* Connect the HDMI 1 Out of your Oppo 103 directly to one of the HDMI Ins of your HDTV.
The HDMI 2 Out of your Oppo goes indeed to one of the HDMI Ins of your Denon 2313 receiver.
=> Both HDMI Outs (1 and 2) of the Oppo 103 connected to your Denon receiver are active simultaneously (picture and sound).
And you are risking to introduce noise.
If only using one at a time, the other should be turned off. ...And no matter what you or others think or say. {The latest 103's firmware allows that.)
Trust me.

- PL IIx (Music) audio mode: I was expecting that one.

- In your Denon receiver Turn the Dynamic Range Off. ...One of the worst features in my book. So, please, OFF.

- Obviously, it was an Audyssey issue.
You prefer the Graphic EQ; Ok, it's your ears and own personal taste. ...Not mine though. :b
==> If your room isn't acoustically treated, I highly recommend that you engage Audyssey MultEQ XT.
And disengage Audyssey Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
You probably know that when engaging Audyssey MultEQ XT (no noise at all, like you said; fantastic! :b ),
that the separate/manual Graphic EQ in your Denon is automatically Off.
- You simply cannot use one EQ on top of the other (both together), like in this case here I just explained.
It is only the manual Graphic EQ, or only the automatic Audyssey EQ (MultEQ XT).

EMPHASIS: Trust me again on this one; turn Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Audyssey Dynamic EQ OFF.

- You have no more issue my friend, and as I said before; take all eight mic measurements (noise or no noise). :b

*** Your Denon AVR-2313CI A/V receiver ($900 MSRP) is Audyssey MultEQ Pro Ready, WoW! :cool:

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Bob,

Thanks for all your help. You’re in Victoria. My wife and I were there in 2010, beautiful City/Country.

My wording was incorrect for the setting on the Denon.
Audyssey: Nosiest
Graphic Eq: This will give me a cleaner sound. Less noisy. This is probably the setting Ill keep – I like the pronounced highs it delivers.
MutiEQ xt: When turned "OFF" the noise disappears completely.

Help me to understand this statement:
* Connect the HDMI 1 Out of your Oppo 103 directly to one of the HDMI Ins of your HDTV.
The HDMI 2 Out of your Oppo goes indeed to one of the HDMI Ins of your Denon 2313 receiver.
=> Both HDMI Outs (1 and 2) of the Oppo 103 connected to your Denon receiver are active simultaneously (picture and sound).
And you are risking to introduce noise.
If only using one at a time, the other should be turned off.

Regarding the noise issue. I have tried using only one HDMI going into the Denon. The noise is still there in music only.
Placing the other HDMI to the HDTV what is the purpose of that? It’s just easier to have one HDMI connection going to the TV? At least for the family to figure out.

Regarding turning the Dynamic Range / EQ to Off. When play music I found these setting to be pretty worthless. However these 2 setting have no effect on the noise issue.

Great video. If you can picture a small wall up against the back of the couch. That’s pretty much what Audyssey has to deal with in my home. The wall height is aprox 1.5' above ear level. Maybe I should take some measurements on the wall as well as the couch. Because it seems that my 2 front speakers are louder that I would like?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- No sweat; I'm here to share, learn, and help if I can.

Yes, your wording had one very important "mistake". But now you rectified it; regarding noise or no noise when Audyssey MultEQ XT engaged. ...That one was truly confusing. ...But now I got it.

Ok, let's take one point at a time again:

1. Audyssey engaged (MultEQ XT) gives you noise in your back surround speakers when pausing CDs.
But when disengaged, no more noise.
- That noise (in the higher frequencies; tweeter): Is it very distracting? ...I mean like really noisy?
Where did you get your Denon receiver, can you ask for a replacement? ...That's one solution to really confirm. ...But I highly doubt it; that you have a defective receiver.

2. The HDMI 1 Out of your Oppo 103 will give you the very best picture quality;
so there is no use to go through your receiver and then from your receiver to your HDTV (one cable is better than two). Connect HDMI 1 directly to your HDTV.
* And the HDMI 2 Out of your Oppo 103 is for the best audio (SACD, dts-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc.). Connect HDMI 2 directly to your Denon receiver.
- That's the only one you really need to connect to your receiver, for sound, and DSD from SACDs.
And set the Dual HDMI Output to Split A/V.

Of course, you can also use only the HDMI 1 Out, because your Denon receiver passes 3D, and you also get the full hi-res audio that way too (except for DSD from SACDs).
Or you can do like you do; use the two HDMI Outs (1 & 2) and connect them both to your Denon receiver.
But it is simply redundant.

These Oppo players (the 103 and 105) are designed to use both HDMI outputs as described above (HDMI 1 Out directly to the HDTV, or front projector, and HDMI 2 Out to the A/V receiver, or pre/pro).

When you watch a Blu-ray movie for example, you program your universal remote (hope you have one) to set your HDTV to the right HDMI input, and your Denon receiver to the right HDMI input as well.
And when listening to music only (SACDs, CDs, etc.), your universal remote control is programmed to not turn your TV on. ...See, because you don't need to see your HDTV screen while listening to music only.

3. In your Denon receiver, simply turn the Dynamic Range to Off. ...I know that it has no effect on noise.
Just leave it Off, at all time.

4. As for Audyssey Dynamic EQ; experiment, and go for your own/family preference. Could be useful sometimes late at night when you don't want to bother the wife and the babies. ...And still have some dynamics preserved in your movies. [The Dynamic Range feature in your Denon works similarly, but less sophisticated, and only with Dolby audio soundtracks, and not dts.]
Me, I experimented enough with it in the past to know that I don't like what it does (Audyssey Dynamic EQ). ...But me, is not you. :b
- And Audyssey Dynamic Volume; that's for constant volume level between sources: I don't like it, I never use it.

5. <<< VERY IMPORTANT >>> DO NOT take any mic measurements near any wall at all!
a) Stay away from your back wall for at least three feet.
b) Better position your mic in front of your main listening position.
c) Please, as I said to you before; take ALL EIGHT (8) mic measurements (look into your CD manual for tips on mic positioning).

6. You can manually adjust each speaker's volume level separately to your own preference, and even after the fact; after that Audyssey Room Correction and EQ has performed its computation.
BUT! Best is to attenuate the channels that seem too loud for you. ...In balance with the other speakers.
...And NOT turn up the ones that seem too soft. ...You follow my point?

That's it. Now, what I really want to know is from point 1. above: The noise, is it annoying?
And if your couch is against the back wall (very bad idea BTW), how far those two back surround speakers are from your ears? TAKE THEM OUT! ...Yes, remove them completely; you simply don't need them in your room.
Instead use them as Wide fronts (DSX), or Height fronts; depending of your room's accommodation. But I believe that the 2313 doesn't support Audyssey DSX. Then stay with a 5.1-channel setup.

Anything else?

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

All this time I thought this is strictly an Audyssey issue not realizing that when I switched over to Graphic Eq the setting for Dynamic Eq goes away. The noise is coming from the Dynamic Eq. Why is this an issue for music only? When I use Audyssey I like effects of the Dynamic Eq.

Noise levels:
Audyssey w/ Dynamic Eq engaged is noticeable at 45db
Audyssey or Graphic Eq w/o Dynamic Eq engaged is noticeable at 65db
After the mic measurements can I go in a change the speaker levels manually or is that going to mess with Audyssey .The Surround speaker’s rear and sides need to be turned up.

I have no plans for repositioning speakers right now. Denon does support DSX. Is the system you have setup that way. If so do you like?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes, if you are using the manual Graphic EQ, automatically Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ, and Dynamic Volume are turned OFF.

I said to you before (twice or trice) that I personally don't like Audyssey Dynamic EQ (for both Movies and Music).
It just don't gel to my ears, I can hear sound artifacts.
I am not a scientist, but any type of EQ is detrimental to audio quality.
Best is to have your room acoustically treated.

* Do this: Only use Audyssey MultEQ XT, without Dynamic EQ & Volume, in your own room.

And yes, I said to you in my above post that you can manually change your speaker's levels after the fact, and it won't affect Audyssey's results.
And I also said that it's best to turn down the levels of the front main speakers than to turn up the levels of the surround speakers.
BTW, your Denon receiver; where did it set your speaker's crossovers? ...Each pair please.

I'm sorry but your Denon AVR-2313CI A/V receiver does NOT support Audyssey DSX with the front Width and Height channels. It's a 7.1-channel receiver (with two sub outputs), and seven internal amplifiers. Those two extra ones are for the back surround speakers (or to bi-amp your front L & R, or for a second zone).

Can you please tell me the dimensions of your room, and the positioning of your four surround speakers (Side and Rear) in relation to your back wall? ...Thank you.

* My setup is in constant transformation (I always experiment). ...I have no consistency, no standards, no rules to follow, but mine and only mine based on my own sound experiments, readings (as a guide, and new suggestions), and what my ears shout (whisper) me, deep into the joy of my soul from music listening and movie watching.
Is it the best? No. But for me it's good enough. :b ...My life is without any predetermined abso!ute. ;)

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Yes, if you are using the manual Graphic EQ, automatically Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ, and Dynamic Volume are turned OFF.

I said to you before (twice or trice) that I personally don't like Audyssey Dynamic EQ (for both Movies and Music).
It just don't gel to my ears, I can hear sound artifacts.
I am not a scientist, but any type of EQ is detrimental to audio quality.
Best is to have your room acoustically treated.

* Do this: Only use Audyssey MultEQ XT, without Dynamic EQ & Volume, in your own room.

And yes, I said to you in my above post that you can manually change your speaker's levels after the fact, and it won't affect Audyssey's results.
And I also said that it's best to turn down the levels of the front main speakers than to turn up the levels of the surround speakers.
BTW, your Denon receiver; where did it set your speaker's crossovers? ...Each pair please.

I'm sorry but your Denon AVR-2313CI A/V receiver does NOT support Audyssey DSX with the front Width and Height channels. It's a 7.1-channel receiver (with two sub outputs), and seven internal amplifiers. Those two extra ones are for the back surround speakers (or to bi-amp your front L & R, or for a second zone).

Can you please tell me the dimensions of your room, and the positioning of your four surround speakers (Side and Rear) in relation to your back wall? ...Thank you.

* My setup is in constant transformation (I always experiment). ...I have no consistency, no standards, no rules to follow, but mine and only mine based on my own sound experiments, readings (as a guide, and new suggestions), and what my ears shout (whisper) me, deep into the joy of my soul from music listening and movie watching.
Is it the best? No. But for me it's good enough. :b ...My life is without any predetermined abso!ute. ;)

Room dimensions to seated area:

TV and Center Channel - 10’
Fronts - 9’ to 10’
Surrounds - 5’ to 10’
Back Surrounds - 12’ to 14’
Sub - 12’
•Note Audyssey sub measurement comes up with 26’ Also sets Fronts to large when mic.

Frequency:
Fronts - 40hz
Center - 80hz
Surrounds – 200hz
Back surrounds – 80hz
Sub – LFE @ 250hz

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ok, do this now:

1. Position your back surround speakers closer to the main listening position (9 to 10 feet).
{Put them on stands if you have to.}

2. Set the x-over of your Fronts to 80 Hz.

3. Set the LFE (Sub Low Pass Filter) channel to 120 Hz. ...Manually (it's a manual setting).

Do nothing else (change nothing), and redo your Audyssey Calibration; all eight mic measurements.
...Because you changed the back surround speakers positioning.

Now, after you reran Audyssey calibration, if the results are the same for your Fronts (Large); manually select 80 Hz (not 40 Hz).
- Always leave your speaker's distances where Audyssey set them at (including your sub); never change those.

When done, listen, and report right here.
And don't forget to tell me those new results (if they are new indeed) regarding those speaker's crossovers chosen by your Denon receiver.
That's right; it's not Audyssey that has chosen them, but your own Denon receiver.
...And that's where we can come up (better), only if .... I'll tell you more next time you report.
* Here's a review of your receiver: http://www.hometheater.com/content/denon-avr-2313ci-av-receiver

BTW, what speakers are you using, including your sub?

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Ok, do this now:

1. Position your back surround speakers closer to the main listening position (9 to 10 feet).
{Put them on stands if you have to.}

2. Set the x-over of your Fronts to 80 Hz.

3. Set the LFE (Sub Low Pass Filter) channel to 120 Hz. ...Manually (it's a manual setting).

Do nothing else (change nothing), and redo your Audyssey Calibration; all eight mic measurements.
...Because you changed the back surround speakers positioning.

Now, after you reran Audyssey calibration, if the results are the same for your Fronts (Large); manually select 80 Hz (not 40 Hz).
- Always leave your speaker's distances where Audyssey set them at (including your sub); never change those.

When done, listen, and report right here.
And don't forget to tell me those new results (if they are new indeed) regarding those speaker's crossovers chosen by your Denon receiver.
That's right; it's not Audyssey that has chosen them, but your own Denon receiver.
...And that's where we can come up (better), only if .... I'll tell you more next time you report.
* Here's a review of your receiver: http://www.hometheater.com/content/denon-avr-2313ci-av-receiver

BTW, what speakers are you using, including your sub?

Removing the two back speakers is next to impossible. Kitchen cabinetry makes it very hard to get to. Are you trying to do get the frequency down on the back surrounds from a mic measurement? If so is there another way.

Speakers: http://www.axiomaudio.com/epic-grand-master-home-theater-systems

View the Epic Grand Master 500 in 7.1

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Your back surround speakers (according to you) are twelve to fourteen feet away from the main listening position; which is too far to be truly effective.

I had rough time before following you because I first thought that your couch was against your rear wall.
Now you told me that your room is roughly twenty-four feet long.
Your back speakers, they are installed on some sort of wall right?
You're not free to position them at a better location, like few more feet closer to you?

It's ok, most people don't anyway. Life is a compromise over more compromises. :b
Me I just suggest, that's all.

You are a Canadian, but you don't speak French.

So, those are your speakers, right. :b

I'm simply curious; is there other audio/video forums where you asked about that noise coming from your back surround speakers? ...While playing music from your CDs in Dolby PLIIx Music surround mode and pausing them. ...And with Audyssey engaged.

The more precise info you give me, the closer we'll get to the heart of the matter.
I can almost promise you that.

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Your back surround speakers (according to you) are twelve to fourteen feet away from the main listening position; which is too far to be truly effective.
I’m not looking for anything loud in the area. It my Kitchen.

I had rough time before following you because I first thought that your couch was against your rear wall.
Not the rear wall. However there is a wall behind the couch. Approximately 16” above the couch.

Now you told me that your room is roughly twenty-four feet long.
Yes, 24’x 15’

Your back speakers, they are installed on some sort of wall right?
Yes. Kitchen cabinetry is underneath, pretty much enclosing the speakers. That probable why Audyssey pick up on the Surrounds being at 200hz

You're not free to position them at a better location, like few more feet closer to you?
No

You are a Canadian, but you don't speak French.
Born and raised California, probable the last one here come to think of it. I have been to eastern part of Canada as well as the west.

So, those are your speakers, right.
I love them. The Sub delivers at 13 hz. It’s a 75lbs monster

I'm simply curious; is there other audio/video forums where you asked about that noise coming from your back surround speakers? ...While playing music from your CDs in Dolby PLIIx Music surround mode and pausing them. ...And with Audyssey engaged.
I'm currently looking.

The more precise info you give me, the closer we'll get to the heart of the matter.
I can almost promise you that.
My last piece of equipment was a Harmon Kardon pre 5.1 so all of this is new to me, but I’m getting there.

Are you having trouble with Audyssey pick up on the Surrounds being at 200hz. Do you think this can be a contributor to the noise issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Could it just be a defective AVR? If the rears are far away and in the ceiling, it is also possible the Audyssey calibration set them at a very high level and excess noise is the result.

I think this part of the thread should be split into a new topic; this (apparently) has nothing to do with Oppo.

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
Could it just be a defective AVR? If the rears are far away and in the ceiling, it is also possible the Audyssey calibration set them at a very high level and excess noise is the result.

Rear speakers are installed on a wall not in. This cant be a Denon issue. I currently have a PS3 and another DVD/CD player hookup to the Denon. Playing CD's or DVD's on them will not create any noise what so ever. Even at 80 db. With Denon's Dynamic Eq on.

This is an Oppo 103 issue. I will go through the cabling again today just to make sure, even though the HDMI's are new.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Hi Waynow,

This is quite interesting. ...Your room is unique, and your issue is also perhaps unique too.
And you are indeed a patient person, great! :b ...Because I am too and I'm trying to replicate your issue in my own room. I should have the answer by tomorrow (still working on it).

I just thought you were Canadian because of that link on your speakers, that's all.
California is part of Canada anyway. ;)

I see that Don gave his opinion; I like that when other members join in.
But unlike him, I did not mention any off topic subject, because indeed it still could be an Oppo's issue.
Patience is one of the best virtues in my book, because it allows for further explorations into the unknown.

The Oppo BDP-103 Universal Blu-ray player is certainly not a perfect player. I know because me too I have another issue with it, and nobody knows where it's coming from. ...And I visited ALL the major audio forums of the Internet, even AVS Forum where I've read the entire threads on the 103 and 105.

If I find the issue comin' from the Oppo 103, I will contact Oppo directly on that issue (noise coming from the back surround speakers, while playing and pausing CDs when Audyssey is engaged), plus my own issue (visual one from the video decoder), so that it's worthwhile doing so.

But I will admit this so far; Don has a good point that the issue exists primarily when Audyssey is engaged.
But then you also have a good counterpoint that the issue didn't exist before from another player (Sony PS3 for example).

Give me till tomorrow (evening or so) to come up with my own findings: Because I can compared five players right now connected to my main system (four of them BD players by the way, and with the 103 among them), and with my Integra DHC-80.3 pre/pro while I engage Dolby ProLogic IIx Music audio mode, and with Audyssey engaged, and all while playing and pausing CDs. ...Just like you did yourself. I will check all possible alternatives.
And yes, like you I do have my two back surround speakers connected.

Can I say this though for right now: I truly believe that it would be best;
(1) Or to relocate those two back surround speakers, even with the difficulty that you're facing.
(2) Or to simply disable them (with only Music listening anyway). ...From your Denon's Speakers Setup Menu.
(3) Or use the manual Graphic EQ only for those times of surround music listening when playing CDs.
(4) Or use no EQ at all during those circumstances. ...No auto Audyssey at all, and no manual Graphic EQ. ...Just Dolby PLIIX Music audio mode.
* For Movies you're back in business, and totally free now.

But wait till tomorrow for confirmation. ...I can tell that like me you're a perfectionist, and like to know things from the very bottom of their 'applications'. :cool:
-> You are at the right place here, and you are addressing the right person as well. :b

Very best regards,
Bob

P.S. The back surround speakers' crossover of 200 Hz is very high, and it has to do with their locations. I cannot say for sure if it is the 'noise issue' contributor, but perhaps it is. But then, you said that you didn't have that issue before with your PS3.
Were the circumstances and settings (parameters) all the exact same? ...With the exact 200 Hz crossover?

Last edited:

waynow

Mar 9, 2013
This Forum is so incredible

P.S. The back surround speakers' crossover of 200 Hz is very high, and it has to do with their locations. I cannot say for sure if it is the 'noise issue' contributor, but perhaps it is. But then, you said that you didn't have that issue before with your PS3.
Were the circumstances and settings (parameters) all the exact same? ...With the exact 200 Hz crossover?[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe you go to that much trouble. Thank you

You brought up a very good point, the 200hz is high but there is one thing I’m sure of this is an Oppo mating with the Denon issue. (2) Cd players, DVD/CD currently installed and a PS3 installed will not create any noise (Audio/Video) under the same circumstances.

Currently I’m looking in to the cabling. I want to eliminate any noise related EMF issues. I’m currently noticing some small variances with different HDMI cables. I bought a quad shielded cable. Hopefully that will help.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, you're the one who first brought up that issue. ...And any issue is worth exploring, no matter what.
That is what Audio/Video is all about. ...Finding what's best to do when things don't seem to be right. ...Improve our pleasurable senses, and eliminate 'cancerous' issues, like noise for example.

What else am I suppose to do; forget about your issue and just think of my own pleasure and interest?
Not likely; it just ain't me. ...Or I wouldn't even bother working with you.

Everything has to be the same, from all your sources; the same cabling and connections.
...In order to eradicate the 'culprit'. ...And sometimes, it does take time indeed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing