Help to download USB2/M2Tech drivers

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am trying to download an M2Tech driver to my Mach2 (Mac Mini) Server without success, has anyone installed this driver before and willing to guide me thru the process?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I've only done the Windows driver, which was simple and straightforward; sorry I can't help.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
I am trying to download an M2Tech driver to my Mach2 (Mac Mini) Server without success, has anyone installed this driver before and willing to guide me thru the process?

I had absolutely no problem with my OS 10.6.8 mbpro - whats your OS. It should actually be a non issue.
Egidius

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
Did you download it from here: http://www.m2tech.biz/hiface.html#driver

where do you get stuck? How about checking if your audio midi setup has chosen the right input?
Usually the installation is alright, but pressing the right button, if you don't know where to press it -
Sometimes it is worth disconnecting and restarting. Sorry If you know all this..

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland

Is it the installation or the download that you are having problems with?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Is it the installation or the download that you are having problems with?

I think it is an installation one, since the download process finishes correctly, but once the file are in the Downloads folder, I find no executable file to move forward.

Will retry this afternoon one more time :(

jkeny

Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
I think it is an installation one, since the download process finishes correctly, but once the file are in the Downloads folder, I find no executable file to move forward.

Will retry this afternoon one more time :(

Sorry, I don't understand this - does the download not download a dmg file? Is this not the normal file for driver set-up?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
It does, but double-clicking to it does not take me to execute the installation of the driver.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Is it a zip file by some chance?

jkeny

Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
It does, but double-clicking to it does not take me to execute the installation of the driver.

Maybe some Mac users can help here - does this .dmg file automatically launch when you click on it or doe the device have to be plugged in?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Maybe some Mac users can help here - does this .dmg file automatically launch when you click on it or doe the device have to be plugged in?

John, maybe the driver is already there, but since I have just find out that the DAC is not ON, the PureMusic app does not pull it into the window options. I will try tomorrow.

jkeny

Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
John, maybe the driver is already there, but since I have just find out that the DAC is not ON, the PureMusic app does not pull it into the window options. I will try tomorrow.

Yes, but it works on your work computer but not on your home computer, right? So I'm still in a state of confusion - what's new :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
nope, just tried on my home computer, I have Windows at work, but the tech support guy there has a Apple as well so he tried to help me just in theory.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing