Axpona or Other Audio Show Coming to Atlanta Georgia???

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Does anyone have an idea when/if the next audio show is due in the Atlanta Georgia area? I would love to know what's happening and when? Thanks much.

jazzbo :)

prerich

May 21, 2012
Does anyone have an idea when/if the next audio show is due in the Atlanta Georgia area? I would love to know what's happening and when? Thanks much.

You can hardly find one in the south at all :(

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Right on Prerich that's what I was thinking. It's a shame audio does not see this area as having lovers of great music and those instruments that make it.

jazzbo:(

prerich

May 21, 2012
Right on Prerich that's what I was thinking. It's a shame audio does not see this area as having lovers of great music and those instruments that make it.

From what it looks like, Axpona may make Chicago its home:(
:mad:

Read in my TAS that the Chitown event will become an annual one.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
From what it looks like, Axpona may make Chicago its home:(
:mad:

Read in my TAS that the Chitown event will become an annual one.

My guess is that they'll give it a couple of years and then re-evaluate.

But they have an advantage that the guys from Music Direct are really backing the event.

Chicago has IMHO a big advantage *if* they can find a hotel with decent rooms.

1. Major airline hub so inexpensive flights can be found.
2. Reasonably priced hotels can be had.
3. Good audiophile base.
4. Lot's to do in Chicago for the family.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
My guess is that they'll give it a couple of years and then re-evaluate.

But they have an advantage that the guys from Music Direct are really backing the event.

Chicago has IMHO a big advantage *if* they can find a hotel with decent rooms.

1. Major airline hub so inexpensive flights can be found.
2. Reasonably priced hotels can be had.
3. Good audiophile base.
4. Lot's to do in Chicago for the family.

Also, public transportation is good, with the el going out to the airport. Not to mention that New Yorkers can finally get to taste real pizza.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Also, public transportation is good, with the el going out to the airport. Not to mention that New Yorkers can finally get to taste real pizza.

LOL....well ribs anyway :)

prerich

May 21, 2012
Well, real ribs are from the south ;) IMHO. On the real though - I know that most northern cities such as Chicago have a lot of things to do and a larger financial base, but the show in J'ville was just nice!!!! My wife and I headed down to St. Augustine because it was so close and really made a trip out of it. We were hoping that they would give J'ville another chance (its within driving distance and since the show is in March - its usually warm in the south). I couldn't believe my wife had a good time at an audio show!!! I can't see flying to Chitown just for three days...I don't see why Tampa hasn't gotten a shot yet.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

Axpona was in Atlanta several years ago and was far from
Well attended. My wife and I attended and heard a couple of great systems.

Don't know how long you've lived here but Atlanta , but even in the heyday of high end audio retailing (70s, 80s and 90's) has never supported the high end market like other similar size cities!

My bet would be, with the possible exception of CEDIA, we won't see any high end audio shows here!

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good Sunday Evening Audioguy,
Thank you so much for your response. I was a visitor here when the last audio show happened. As a matter of fact that is when I found out about the Atlanta Audio/Video Club and decided to join. I thought I would meet a number of people who had an interest in reel to reel decks and recordings. So far I've not found a resource where I can go to hear great reel to reel tapes played on studer/ampex tape decks. Not that I am dissatisfied with my Tascam 32-2B and 42B decks, but I've never heard a studio Ampex or Studer tape deck and would love to hear what a great tape would sound like. I actually thought this (Georgia) would be a better venue than Baltimore where I moved from in 2011.

I've heard the club might have a representative from the Tape Project come down to play some music but a gentleman I met at one of the club meetings will provide a tape deck to play the tapes. I've never heard him mention a Studer or studio Ampex. I certainly hope the reel to reel tape thing will take off here and bring more audio lovers out of the woodwork.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
LOL....well ribs anyway :)

Deep dish is OK, but I prefer thin crust. There's an insanely good place over an hour away that I'd put up against NY pizza...a tall order!
For ribs, there's a good place about ten miles from here and what I consider to be the world's best about 40 miles away, counting those from the South.

Myles, take your pick next time you're here and I'll take you there.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Just kiddin' New York pizza is way better than deep dish.

You are right because Chicago deep dish pizza blows just like the wind in the windy city. Who likes pizza dough made from pie crust? Now let's talk steak. I had one of the finest steaks I have ever had while attending Axpona. Gibson's Steak House is the bomb. Simply phenomenal tasting prime beef. It makes Ruth Chris seem like a bad joke.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
You are right because Chicago deep dish pizza blows just like the wind in the windy city. Who likes pizza dough made from pie crust? Now let's talk steak. I had one of the finest steaks I have ever had while attending Axpona. Gibson's Steak House is the bomb. Simply phenomenal tasting prime beef. It makes Ruth Chris seem like a bad joke.

You might not say that about deep dish if you went to Pizzeria Due on the near north side. Best I've had. But my preference is thin crust.

By the way, the nickname 'windy city' didn't originate from the weather but rather from the windbag politicians and the political machine. Convicted ex-guv Blago, for instance. Some things don't change.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey

After Axpona, my girlfriend and I went to the bar of Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House and had some really great potato wedges and then downtown for some really dissapointing food. I wish we'd gone to Gibson's...

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
You might not say that about deep dish if you went to Pizzeria Due on the near north side. Best I've had. But my preference is thin crust.

By the way, the nickname 'windy city' didn't originate from the weather but rather from the windbag politicians and the political machine. Convicted ex-guv Blago, for instance. Some things don't change.

There are some great places in River North; I shouldn't knock deep dish.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing