ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Maybe he can donate $500,000 to my stereo system. I promise to let little kids listen to it twice a year!

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
“I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future –- and the first step begins with the social, emotional, and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt – as educators, storytellers, and communicators our responsibility is to continue to do so.”

True poetry! May the force be with him!

mbskeam

Sep 28, 2012
some place in seattle area

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I read about this the other day. Glad to see that yet another man of wealth is sharing it. Well done Mr. Lucas!:)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
So where is Mr Northstar now who condemned this man last week for selling and that he would be unhappy with this money and nothing good would come of it.

How do you say "open mouth, insert foot", Bob ;)

Well, just because Bob (and I) don't like his movies, that doesn't mean he can't be a great philanthropist.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
If I were making the donation, it wouldn't have been $4.05 billion. I would have donated only $4.00 billion and kept the other $50 million for myself.

I mean a guy needs to keep a little in the kitty for a rainy day. . . . .

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . Nevermind. . . .:D

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I think what is most notable is that his interest in education is not new, nor are his healthy donations in that direction. I hope that he serves as a role model for his behavior.

In the billionaire's club, there is a lot of competition for how many billions you have, making his actions even more notable.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I think what is most notable is that his interest in education is not new, nor are his healthy donations in that direction. I hope that he serves as a role model for his behavior.

In the billionaire's club, there is a lot of competition for how many billions you have, making his actions even more notable.

---- I fully agree with you; George is showing the way in the best positive way. ...Bravo!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing