Vinyl collection: do you protect your covers?

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I'm not crazy about the Impex-style sleeves since they always end up tearing.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the Impex-style outer sleeves one can purchase from Music Direct et al (I agree that they could be prone to tearing: I have a couple of hundered of them, but have been lucky so far and hope to avoid buying them in future). I asked Abey which sleeves Impex uses and she told me that they're custom made for Impex.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
To be clear, I'm not talking about the Impex-style outer sleeves one can purchase from Music Direct et al (I agree that they could be prone to tearing: I have a couple of hundered of them, but have been lucky so far and hope to avoid buying them in future). I asked Abey which sleeves Impex uses and she told me that they're custom made for Impex.

No I'm referring to those that come with the Impex releases.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Related Query: best source for cardboard shipping boxes for records? (For individual albums to mail or UPS, I'm not talking about moving boxes, got that covered).

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Related Query: best source for cardboard shipping boxes for records? (For individual albums to mail or UPS, I'm not talking about moving boxes, got that covered).

The ones you get from Elusive Disc. Reuse them.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
The ones you get from Elusive Disc. Reuse them.

Like an idiot, I recycled many of the boxes from records I bought over the summer. I agree that the ones AS, MD and ED use are substantial.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
thanks for that John. I'm looking for the heavy duty ones that MEP referred to, I'll peruse that site to see if they have such.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
I use 3mil outer covers (no flaps) and poly-lined inner sleeves from Bagsunlimited. They're local to me. I used to buy their 6mil covers, but as odd as this may sound, they took up too much space on the shelves. The 2mil were just too thin. They've recently started offering larger 3mil covers for 180g LPs. Love those! A 2LP audiophile pressing fits beautifully. Not tight at all. I also use their box set covers. They have flaps.

Felix

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing