Favorite Salt Water Fish

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I always favored ones that were a conversation piece. The one that comes to mind is pufferfish. Not the best picture but one that is easy to post from wikipedia article:

Next would be Shark. People are just fascinated when the shark is there plus other fish.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As I said elsewhere, I know enough about this stuff to be dangerous! :D

Seriously, as they say, it is all matter of size. If the other fish is bigger than the Shark, they won't get eaten.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Mandarin fish is a beauty. If I had the dedication for a tank. I would definitely have one of these.

Lion Fish being predators however glide all over the tank majestically and you don't have to go looking for them in the nooks and crannies. I remember dear Grandpa's talk where he had two of them. They always seemed to be performing some kind of Circ du Soleil surreal thing.

wgscott

Sep 1, 2011
CA (USA)
Maroon clowns are a lot of fun, especially if you have a mated pair. Mine lasted about 10 years. I recommend tank-raised. They go well in a bubble-tipped anemone, which is pretty much the only one that you can get that is captivity propagated.

Purple tangs are hardy and beautiful, if you can find a decent specimen.

Purple fire-fish are kind of cool.

Frazeur1

Apr 14, 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana
I agree on Maroon Clowns, or most any of the Clowns. I also am fond of the Flame Angels. Even cheap and cheerful Yellow-Tailed Damsels are quite fun.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
has to be the pygmy angels:) I used to have a clarion and one of those rare pygmy angels as well. Gave me a lot of joy :)

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
still had a photo of my clarion somewhere:-0 . lol i remembered also that when i went to the us in the past i used to get 1-2 ricordias back in a container. Floride rics while common in your part of town, we dont get such colours here in australia

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
and the clarions favourite food is.....my prized zooanthids! lol almost strangled that fish when he took out a rare colony i had lol!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing