Dspeaker anti-mode 2.0 Dual Core Processor - Anyone try it?

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Why not let the DSP pull down the peaks? How does the post correct curve look like anyway?

Well that would be too easy, Amir! Of course I could do that and did play with the Calibration mode quite a bit when I got the Antimode. I will try it again and share post the before and after calibration pics. What I'm really curious to see is whether I can avoid digital signal processing altogether. If I could use room treatment to tame the room modes so that I can't hear any difference after I follow it with digital equalization correction, I'd consider that a major success. The less stuff in the signal chain the better. And yes, the irony of someone who's tri-amping making that statement is not lost on me, but active sounds way better than passive crossovers in my system. Only just a little obsessive I guess.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I hear you :). It is a tall order to get flat bass response with acoustic treatment alone down to low frequencies.

BTW, I think the curve they show is not at high resolution/is filtered. Otherwise the high frequencies would have far more variations in it. If so, then your low frequencies may have other peaks and valleys in it that is not shown.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
On more thing: the overall slop of the curve is very good! It has a nice slope downward so you are doing something right there.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Amir - You asked and here is the Dspeaker "Before & After". A big visual difference, but surprisingly it is not very audible to me on casual listening. In addition to my two sub towers, I just bought another sub, a Rythmik FV15HP, to put at the back of the room to see if I can further flatten the room response without the DSP. We'll see.

full range06-02-13.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing