Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks John, it sure looks interesting - sadly the asking price is reflecting the lack of available software in that format :(

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No problem. I just post the ads when I think they may be of interest to some of the tapeheads on here. I have no idea as to their quality or availability and proper pricing.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
John-Did I miss your rport on listening to tape?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John-Did I miss your rport on listening to tape?

No you did not, and I'm quite embarrassed about it. I did start to write it last week and then my PC froze and I lost everything. I promise I will have something for you by the weekend. I just need to get my mind into the proper writing frame. I want to do this justice as it was an amazing experience.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Cool. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss what you wrote about hearing tape on a high-end system.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Tony. I incorrectly assumed it was a high-end system. Usually people who care enough to have the ability to play back 15 ips/2 track tapes have high-end systems. Can you tell us what the system is made up of?

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
My system is 4 SE transmitting tubes amps in 4 ways horns, Ed's system is 3 ways 3 SE tube amps but in all 4N silver parts products, maybe that can call high-end parts system, detail can visit stereopal.com
tony ma

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing