Best Option for New DVD Player/Recorder

jcmusic

May 20, 2010
Just Outside New Orleans, La.
My DVD player/recorder went south the other day, so I need to get another one. Problem is I have not looked at this area for five years, so what's out there and what are the pros and cons. I have a 52" TV with direct tv HD box and a small 5.1 audio system nothing fancy. Just something for the wife and I to watch movies, and we would record one from time to time???

Jay

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
For watching, I would get the cheapest Blu-ray player. Makes little sense to get more DVD players. You can get name brand players for $120 to $140.

For recorder, why not use a DTV DVR? Yes, there is a monthly fee but there is so much more utility than recoding one show at a time on optical media.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing