Upgrading a Rega RB250 tonearm with a Pete Riggle VTAF.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've been wanting to upgrade my Rega RB250 tonearm for some time. I looked at several of the modding companies like Origin Live, but it's just not in the cards for me. A few years ago I came across the Pete Riggle Audio Engineering site and was most impressed by the reviews and apparent quality of his VTAF unit. Are any of you familiar with this site and/or have experience with this product? For a few hundred dollars I think this may well be a worthwhile investment to improve my overall vinyl playback experience.

Perhaps one of you could review the site and look at the unit in question and give me your opinion as to its claims. Any and all feedback is appreciated, so thank you much in advance!:)

plastico

Apr 7, 2013
Sudbury, Ont., Canada
Hi John72953. I did this mod a couple of years back on my Rega P3. It really isolates the arm from the table, and Peter posted my reply to him on his customer feedback. What it did for me, is let the music through without the noise from the table itself. You can easily hear the benefits right away. You just have to get the nerve to do some surgery to the plinth. Hope this helps.
Cheers, Plastico

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John72953. I did this mod a couple of years back on my Rega P3. It really isolates the arm from the table, and Peter posted my reply to him on his customer feedback. What it did for me, is let the music through without the noise from the table itself. You can easily hear the benefits right away. You just have to get the nerve to do some surgery to the plinth. Hope this helps.
Cheers, Plastico

Hello plastico and welcome!

I never did get the VTAF upgrade as Peter advised against it for my TT, which is a Nottingham Analogue Horizon SE. I did end up getting his counterweight for my RB250 though.

plastico

Apr 7, 2013
Sudbury, Ont., Canada
Thanks for the welcome John72953! It nice to chime in and give your 2 cents on a new forum. Nice table by the way! Did you ever get your arm rewired?

Cheers, Plastico

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
John - I was very close to get this arm from Pete, actually we exchanged some mails and was ready to order it, the fundamentals are there and is a fantastic arm, I ended up recovering my unipivot Scheu arm and passed for the opportunity.

By that time Pete had a large back-log, double check turnaround.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing