TAD owners: speaker setup

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
True. How many sales they may have lost due to this at showrooms is hard to say. But I guess there is a reason behind. What you mention may very well be one of them.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
~150 hours later.......oh my oh my.....where have you been hiding tads?
A couple of observations-the be cst will take a lot more hours to relax..... The bass drivers finally are coming out of their shells ...
These speakers require lots of power, imo. No 20w set ought to apply....
Still waiting for the Siltech triple crown I/cs.....
Main differences between the ref1and the focal Stella- the amazing clarity and dynamics in the highs and mids in the ref1, and the punchier less bloated bass notes.

Last edited:

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Ozy, good to hear you like what you are listening. 150 hours is really nothing. Wait for 500 hours and you will see. <bass is incredible. Goes well bellow but extremely defined. And the CST will take forever and a half to get there but the transparency and the level of detail has no equal that I've heard. Is a look through... Dynamics are just crazy. And the nice is that on slow passages the delicacy is similar to that of a monitor. You have great fun ahead! Re the TC, they most have a bunch of orders. Being waiting for my 1 meter from DACs to preamp for 3 weeks now.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Thanks Eli, that's good to hear and know... looking forward to the audio bliss ahead....
as for the TC ,heard that siltech has some issues getting the unique connectors for their xlr from the distributor.....not a problem ,but rather a delay....

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Ozy. How are things evolving with speakers?

The problems should be solved regarding the TC. Just got my 1m xor for dacs to preamp last week.

Looking forward to hear your impressions.

Best

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Hi Eli, have not received my TC yet... Any day now.....
Btw, have you /anyone. heard your ref1 with the following----
Accuphase amps(classA)
Dartzeel 450
Boulder 2150
Me curious.........

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
No I haven't. All should be good. I wanted to try de 2150 before going for the M600, but it was very hard to get them in house for a try or even listen to them together. Since the M600 sounded as good as they did, decided to go with then. Did hear the 2050 with Magicos. Were good but frankly I preferred the all TAD.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
No I haven't. All should be good. I wanted to try de 2150 before going for the M600, but it was very hard to get them in house for a try or even listen to them together. Since the M600 sounded as good as they did, decided to go with then. Did hear the 2050 with Magicos. Were good but frankly I preferred the all TAD.

I think D600 is very very good in comparison,
both dCS vivaldi and Esoteric are good but i doubt dCS or Esoteric beat D600 easily. TAD D600 shines because D600 has analoge sound with good dynamic/image and resolution. Both esoteric and dCS vivaldi does not sound analog.

I think/guess Only wadax transport/dac ($300k) goes ahead.

siltech is very very good but I hear the magical diamond midrange of TAD R1 only by Skogrand Stravinsky

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
An old thread …

your recommendations for placement and toe in for the ME1?

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
An old thread …

your recommendations for placement and toe in for the ME1?

speaker placement has no rule, forget what you read in manuals or cardas golden ratio speaker placement or any triangle speaker setup. all are useless.
you should try and try and try and find a place to have best bass/dynamics and open midrange.
finding best soundstage is not important and you should care about maximum dynamics.

I think TAD ME1 is good for rooms smaller than 40 square meter and side wall can help to have enough bass .

bob speaker placement :
https://www.myspeakersetup.com/

"The Most Critical part of Audio is Room Acoustics and Speaker Placement.

It is not Simple but Sumiko Master Speaker Set up can help.

It was Stirling Trayle Who Created the Sumiko Master Speaker Set up System.
Since Then He Has Refined it Considerably.

You can Call Trayle to help you :
https://www.audiosystemsoptimized.com

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/aso.htm

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/audio_systems_optimized.htm

Bob Robbins was given the opportunity to go to Sumiko in Berkeley and was trained in their magical process – Master Speaker Setup.

Please Watch this Video :

you can find more information at the following link https://www.myspeakersetup.com/

If you aren’t sure how to set up your speakers, and you want the best sound quality you can get out of them, then give strong consideration to hiring Bob. He is the expert in The Rational Speaker Placement process. He will place and position your speakers in the ideal location in your room for sonic excellence, resulting in maximized performance of not just your speakers, but your entire hi-fi system."

Reactions: engadin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing