MM7's are here

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i just wanted to congradulate WBF member 'rad' for getting his MM7's and welcoming him to the the Evolution Acoustics MM7 club!!!!:)

i look forward to reading how he is enjoying his new 'big boys'!!!

and cannot wait to see pictures too.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for your concern, Mike. The health situation is currently quite stable. I am however considering my options in regards to my hifi system and one option I have not given much thought but which really deserves my attention is actually the Evolution Acoustics MM7. I wonder how the guys would consider a Europe installation? It is after all quite a long treck from the US over here but a requirement from my side for any purchase in this price category would be a professional installation by either the designer or personell especially trained to set up the particular speaker.

Years ago, i spoke with Jonathan Tinn about his Evolution MM3s and he definitely offered at that time to come over for the installation. Hopefully, that is still available.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Years ago, i spoke with Jonathan Tinn about his Evolution MM3s and he definitely offered at that time to come over for the installation. Hopefully, that is still available.

my understanding is that MM3's purchased new from a dealer would include set-up and adjustment. most times the cutomer assembles the speaker initially and later the dealer comes to do final adjustments after break-in.

specifically; the MM7's do come with on site adjustment by a qualified person.

the actually assembly of the MM7 is not technical at all, you simply need 5-6 big strong people. 3500 pounds of speakers come in 14 wooden crates. and just setting them up at factory flat settings is easy and they sound amazing. but after break-in the final adjustment does require intimate knowledge.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
specifically; the MM7's do come with on site adjustment by a qualified person.

the actually assembly is not technical at all, you simply need 5-6 big strong people. 3500 pounds of speakers come in 14 wooden crates. and just setting them up at factory flat settings is easy and they sound amazing. but after break-in the final adjustment does require intimate knowledge.

sounds good...i know how much a difference it makes for big Wilsons, so i can imagine a 4-tower set really benefits as well.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Are you gonna try the EA s lloyd , indeed some pics of the new mm7 set up would be nice

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Are you gonna try the EA s lloyd , indeed some pics of the new mm7 set up would be nice

Hi...no i will not. Great speaker from everything i have read, but i am enjoying my X1s so much, and particularly 'playing around' with them (latest Focal Ti tweeter, Ultra 5s, Entreq wraps, TA RefMM (MM2) jumper cable, Entreq Vibb eaters)...which has continued to improve them for a lot less than a new (or even 2nd hand) speaker. I still have one more 'project' to go which i am hoping will continue to push it forwards...and then will settle in to enjoy for a while to come.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
i just wanted to congradulate WBF member 'rad' for getting his MM7's and welcoming him to the the Evolution Acoustics MM7 club!!!!:)

i look forward to reading how he is enjoying his new 'big boys'!!!

and cannot wait to see pictures too.

Hello Mike,

Thank You for the warm welcome to the EA MM7 club:D

Before I comment more on my impressions of these fantastic speakers, first let me say these speakers need some break in time as I'm sure you are well aware of.

But saying this, after some initial set up with my laser & a couple of days of constant playing, these are a remarkable speaker system. Hats off to Kevin & Jonathan.

I have been extremely lucky to have heard some very highly rated speakers in the last few years & could have easily moved in a number of different directions.

I reserve the right to not comment on any specific brands as to not open any can of worms, we all make our choices on our specific tastes..The right choice was made, this I am sure of.

These speakers integrate extremely well in my room & with my electronics.

More to come as time goes on.

Thank you,

Gary

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing