JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
ESL's are here, too -- Beveridge Model II and Model III :D
But, the DALI's are in the main system, now
;)
Have FUN :p

It was my exposure to the Model III of a friend's dad that flipped the switch in my head at the tender age of 13. Cool!

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
It was my exposure to the Model III of a friend's dad that flipped the switch in my head at the tender age of 13. Cool!

And you have taken a righteous path :D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have only had them installed for a day, so time will tell...but my hunch is that they don't need gobs of power.

I am asking all this because I heard long time ago an original pair of ESLs powered with Rowland 5 amps - and the sound was great!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Do try and get hold of an amp designed for ESLs, you can get a trial ESL amp from Sanders Sound Systems, it can really show what an ESL speaker is capable of.

It is good idea. But this is a review sample. To be honest, the Logan's do fine with a variety of amps. I saw it at Magnolia with the McInthosh MC275, I have
heard them with the CJ Premier series, and the Stereophile review was done with Prima Luna, another tub amp, and a SIM SS amp.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I would agree with JonFo. MartinLogans work best with a specific class of amplifier.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Specifically, what types?

High power solid state, able to handle 1 ohm or lower (even if the feature a built-in powered subwoofer) - Sanders has also posted about this in the past, not sure if you have seen those posts. He doesn't want to sell you an amp as well, he wants to sell you the right amp.

BTW, ML now have electrostatic in-ear hones too.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
High power solid state, able to handle 1 ohm or lower (even if the feature a built-in powered subwoofer) - Sanders has also posted about this in the past, not sure if you have seen those posts. He doesn't want to sell you an amp as well, he wants to sell you the right amp.

BTW, ML now have electrostatic in-ear hones too.

Gotcha. Well the Onkyo M-5000R has plenty of juice..160 wpc into 4 Ohms...

I can only work with what I have on hand as Robert Deutsch did with the Stereophile review.

For the record, ML did not make any specific suggestions on amplification.

I believe the new breed of ML products are much more amp friendly..and yes, the Ethos has an onboard sub.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
If you can, try something with 500W at 4ohms.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing