Props to Greg and United Home Audio

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I want to give a special shout-out to Greg from United Home Audio for hosting the listening party on Friday night in his suite. Greg invited everyone to come to his room and hear the Tommy album in its entirety on tape. It took three reels of tape to capture Tommy. Greg also had beer and wine for everyone and some damn good beer at that.

The listening event was supposed to be all about hearing the Tommy tape, but the party didn’t end when the last Tommy reel ran out. Greg is a party-hardy kind of guy. Up next came Sgt. Peppers on tape. After that came Pink Floyd DSOTM. It was tons of fun and I can’t stress enough what a wonderful guy Greg is and a truly great host.

Luckily my hotel room was just a few doors down from Greg’s room so I was able to stumble down the hall about 1:30 AM back to my room. Thanks again Greg. I for one really appreciated the effort you put into the party in order to make sure everyone had a good time. I know I did. Oh, the music sounded really good too!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
+1

I wish I had the stamina to cover the show and then stay up after for Greg's event (plus a two hour diff). I faded quickly :(

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
He said the people that missed it wanted him to do it the following two nights!

The wife and I had an awesome time.

Congrats to Greg for a great sounding room!

Last edited:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
MEP,

Sorry I missed meeting you, I was sitting in the front left chair. I made it through reel #1 before collapsing.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Yes, Peter and his wife were sitting next to me. :)

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Although I unfortunately missed the Tommy demo, I did hear Sgt Pepper's Sunday. I must say that I was quite disappointed in the VSA VR-44's in the 2 rooms I heard them in this year

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Many thanks to all who attended, David Robinson, Myles, Peter & Tery, Marjorie and her crew, Richard Beers, Bruce Brown & wife, just to name a few, and also mep for the shout out!

I had so many people all day Saturday asking if we were doing another event Saturday night, it was pretty surprising!
I guess the word got around about Friday night.
I've also officially received requests from other manufacturers to do an after hours Master Tape event in their room at upcoming shows.
Considering I really didn't publicize the event much I guess it worked out good.

So... I think I'll do these again with a few changes for the next show I do.
I will do one both Friday and Saturday nights, (so one can fit an event into their schedules).
Start earlier, for the sleepy head crew (thanks guys for making the effort to come!), maybe start at 8 or 8:30, after dinner anyway.
Do the event Friday in one room and Saturday in another, so one can experience two different systems and sounds. Then if someone has an issue with a speaker, room, amp, whatever they can hear a different system the next time. I know you can't please everyone in high end audio, one's cake is another's crap, but you can't fault a brother for trying (especially if he serves good beer and wine).

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Greg,

You should put a jar next to the bar, fill it with 5s and tens to seed it. I'll be glad to drop some green to keep the beer and wine quality high.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing