Cnet's top-5 HDTVs

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I usually consider Cnet reviews of video gear to be really lightweight. A step above consumer reports if you will. But here, I think they have nicely summarized the most well reviewed sets so far: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs/

1. Panasonic Plasma TC-PVT20/25 series

2. Samsung UNB85000 series

3. Panasonic TC-PG20/25 series

4. LG LE8500 series

5. LG LH90 series

It is a sad affair when two of the top 5 are discontinued 2009 models! (Samsung 8500 and LG LH90). Looks and price seem to dominate this year's products.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I jumped on the Kuro bandwagon early on with a Pro-110FD and have to admit it continues to be extremely impressive (was also calibrated). Not sure where latest Panasonics stand currently, though. I have also seen used Kuro 151FDs go for much higher than their original list price of $6500, as high as 10 grand.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I jumped on the Kuro bandwagon early on with a Pro-110FD and have to admit it continues to be extremely impressive (was also calibrated). Not sure where latest Panasonics stand currently, though. I have also seen used Kuro 151FDs go for much higher than their original list price of $6500, as high as 10 grand.

That's just incredible!

John

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

I hear you. I haven't seen anything out there that would cause me to replace my 8G Kuros for flat panel application.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing