New Accessories Piece

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Nice job Myles!

Couldn't agree with you more, the GTX-D makes a huge difference.
Some people think I'm crazy but I don't care. I have 4 of them installed with 4 dedicated 20A lines. I have the frames and the carbon plates too. Makes for a really solid installation.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks Frank! Best upgrade that I've done in quite a while.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Myles
I live in an apartment (rent) so I can't make powerline changes or anything, but wanted to ask if installing a Hospital grade outlet would be worth doing? I can't afford the spend $210 on the Furutech, but maybe a Hubbell outlet could offer some similar results. Opinion?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Hi Myles
I live in an apartment (rent) so I can't make powerline changes or anything, but wanted to ask if installing a Hospital grade outlet would be worth doing? I can't afford the spend $210 on the Furutech, but maybe a Hubbell outlet could offer some similar results. Opinion?

PM me your address and I will mail you my Hubbell that the GTX replaced. It's much better than the typical run-of-the-mill version.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
PM me your address and I will mail you my Hubbell that the GTX replaced. It's much better than the typical run-of-the-mill version.

Really? Cool! And thank you! PM coming!

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Nice!

BTW, is there such a thing as an audiophile 240V receptacle? My dedicated line is a 240V that the RGPC Substation 240V plugs into. Or will that not make any difference?

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Nice!

BTW, is there such a thing as an audiophile 240V receptacle? My dedicated line is a 240V that the RGPC Substation 240V plugs into. Or will that not make any difference?

The only one I ever found was a cryoed heavy duty Hubbell version at Take 5 Audio in Canada. They don't even show it on their web page in the outlets section though. Definitely better than the one your electrician probably put in.

This link should get you there.

http://m.takefiveaudio.com/productdetail.mobile?id=1235

Actually, I took out my 240 line a couple of weeks ago. If you want the outlet, give me your address and I'll send it up to you.

Last edited:

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
The only one I ever found was a cryoed heavy duty Hubbell version at Take 5 Audio in Canada. They don't even show it on their web page in the outlets section though. Definitely better than the one your electrician probably put in.

This link should get you there.

http://m.takefiveaudio.com/productdetail.mobile?id=1235

Actually, I took out my 240 line a couple of weeks ago. If you want the outlet, give me your address and I'll send it up to you.

Thx for the link and offer, Frank but I think I already have the Hubbell one in there. I asked for Hubbell outlets when I did the rewire. Since all my electronics connect via some RGPC (also Hubbell plugs), I guess there's no upgrading available then.

Cheers,
-H

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing