New Spectral/MIT cables

acousticsguru

Feb 17, 2014
A good soul has already compared SL Matrix with Oracle Matrix and other cables, see http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...terconnect-shootout-of-14-cables-over-6-weeks Very much in line with what we've said.

Of course, Oracle Matrix 50 Rev. 2 (which I don't know) may be a terrific if costly choice, readily available new. Hard to believe it won't go just as well with Matrix HD 60, given the differences are the A.A.R.M. switch, aluminum network box and Vampire XLR plugs.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

mikey8811

Dec 24, 2014
Can't afford the Matrix 50 Rev 2.

Would the precursor to the Matrix 36, the Magnum MA be a good match too?

These tend to come up every now and again at decent used prices, lower than Matrix 36 even. Any experience of how they fare vis-a-vis the Matrix 36?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Hard to say, honestly, without any direct experience. You should target used Matrix 50, there are a couple on Audiogon right now

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
After long search time, I finally found an Oracle MA speaker cable pair still available.
I tested vs Oracle HD-90-1 and Magnum M2 (my old pair).
These pair of speaker cables are a special edition of Oracle MA, named "B", It seems for Boulder Amplifier (but in general, I was told, for faster amplifiers).
In my system, they blow away in every aspect the HD 90.1. More body, great soundstage, incredible bass extension.

I'm curious to know if any of you (maybe Ack) have some info on these special series cables.

IMG_5201-30.jpg

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Never heard of these "B" versions; you should probably email MIT. "Faster amplifiers"???? Glad you like them; I know the Oracle MA were recommended to me by Spectral.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Never heard of these "B" versions; you should probably email MIT. "Faster amplifiers"???? Glad you like them; I know the Oracle MA were recommended to me by Spectral.

thank you!
I have Spectral DMA 260 and very happy with.
The first feeling was of a tighter soundstage with increased depth of the third dimension.
This forced me repositioning the speakers (incrementing the width).

Last edited:

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
thank you!
The first feeling was of a tighter soundstage with increased depth of the third dimension.

Nice system and cables. However, I noticed on your signature that you aren't using a Spectral Pre Amp? Do you think the Pre amp would have improved the sound rather than the Oracle cables?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
thank you!

System looks really nice. There are MIT cables for Constellation marked with a 'C' so perhaps you are right, these may be for Boulder.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Nice system and cables. However, I noticed on your signature that you aren't using a Spectral Pre Amp? Do you think the Pre amp would have improved the sound rather than the Oracle cables?

Thank you.
Yes, I do not use a Preamp. My system is a computer based only, the Totaldac has a very impressive class A output stage and the matching with the 260 is magic.
Improvement given by Oracle MA , in my system, is far superior rather than addìng a Preamp only.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
System looks really nice. There are MIT cables for Constellation marked with a 'C' so perhaps you are right, these may be for Boulder.

Thank you ack.
They are great cables, everything has improved: soundstage, bass more articulated and deeper, sweetness of the mid and upper frequencies.

NOA

Sep 1, 2016
Munich
I have a pair of Spectral DMA 360 series 2 monoblocs with a pair of MIT Matrix 50 rev. 2 to sell, private. Not posted elsewhere yet.
If somebody is interested please PM.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have a pair of Spectral DMA 360 series 2 monoblocs with a pair of MIT Matrix 50 rev. 2 to sell, private. Not posted elsewhere yet.
If somebody is interested please PM.

You should move this to the for sale forum, you'll get better exposure there too.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing