Goldmund Telos amplifiers

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
The Goldmund Telos amplifiers show jawdropping specifications. What are the opinions here on their subjective aural qualities?

Thanks,
Roysen

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Heard the 350 with Dynaudio and Evolution MM3 speakers. Didn't like it. A sort of "hollow", lifeless sound, all detail and no music.
OTOH, the big Telos 1000 was a little bit better, with the MBL Radialstrahler speakers. In both cases, the pre was the darTZeel.
Still, not think they're worth the money, at least not for me.

alexandre

Déjà vu

Apr 2, 2013
Switzerland
If you allow, it's a little bit reducing dear friend, I know well enough Goldmund and its Telos circuit. I made several listening on different speakers, going of 86 in 94db of efficiency, and the emotion of the music is always in produce you.

If I had to summarize:

Transparency
Energy
Linearity
Opening
Spatializing

Regards,
DV

hahayan

Apr 30, 2013
If you allow, it's a little bit reducing dear friend, I know well enough Goldmund and its Telos circuit. I made several listening on different speakers, going of 86 in 94db of efficiency, and the emotion of the music is always in produce you.

If I had to summarize:

Transparency
Energy
Linearity
Opening
Spatializing

Regards,
DV

Once time..i had 2 pairs of telos 2500
agreed totally - transparency , truly Spatial
if it stated 500W on the spec ...then i totally agreed it is full of energy (it is not a fair comment, please forgive, but it is how i felt)

crisp , so high resolution, smaller than real image ..i would called it "delicacy " , very fast transient
at such time..i have Cello performance II, FM acoustic.. Wavestream V8

and now..i keep Cello Performance II.., and Wavestream

one very interesting things to be noted.., i invited buddies , they never spend more than usd 2000 on audio.., they all love Goldmund...almost of all of them said " Classy Sound...very delicate" .... and dislike Cello haha

BTW..the 22s, 22H are wonderful

2pair 2500.jpg

i always like to open those amp..and try to understand how they make it, and at such price, Goldmund should re design their crate..

dkrm

Jul 8, 2014
I used to own Telos 3000. Probably the best amp I every had. Very spatial and full of energy 579C7028-6410-4BAA-A422-91203A583A47.jpeg

joel_hifi

Dec 19, 2020
Greetings from Lake Geneva :)

I currently have the modest Telos 280 power amp and would describe it as fast, dynamic, detailed, linear yet very musical.

Previously I owned a Metis 5 integrated, which I would recommend for someone wanting to experience the Goldmund qualities at a reasonable price.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY

I currently have the modest Telos 280 power amp and would describe it as fast, dynamic, detailed, linear yet very musical.

Previously I owned a Metis 5 integrated, which I would recommend for someone wanting to experience the Goldmund qualities at a reasonable price.
Joel Hello,

I am interested in the Telos 280, would like to know if you have ever compared it to the classic Goldmund Mimesis 3 amplifier by any chance? I own the Mimesis 3 and wonder if it makes much sense to get the Telos 280. I ve heard many other big Goldmund amps, but none were worth getting over the Mimesis 3 overall. I ve heard many good things about the Telos 280 from my French audiophile buddies in whos ears I trust, so curious what your experience has been. Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks so much! Kind regards from New York City, USA

Last edited:

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland

Hello, I live in Solothurn, about 20 minutes from Basel if you want to meet and talk about Goldmund. I am a private HiFi Nut :)

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Hope this thread is still alive?

I am currently using Job 225 in the main and Job INT in my desktop system. Has anyone compared the Telos 280 with the Job 225? I don’t need more power for my loudspeakers with a sensitivity of 94db but I really like the job sound and since Job was part of the Goldmund family, I think the Telos 280 would be the next logical step. The Job devices are both dead quiet in combo with my T&F Pharoahs and I think this should also work with the Telos? Am I correct Telos 280 sounds definitely upper level compared to the Job225?

Thx for your help and cheerz from Zurich

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Hope this thread is still alive?

I am currently using Job 225 in the main and Job INT in my desktop system. Has anyone compared the Telos 280 with the Job 225? I don’t need more power for my loudspeakers with a sensitivity of 94db but I really like the job sound and since Job was part of the Goldmund family, I think the Telos 280 would be the next logical step. The Job devices are both dead quiet in combo with my T&F Pharoahs and I think this should also work with the Telos? Am I correct Telos 280 sounds definitely upper level compared to the Job225?

Thx for your help and cheerz from Zurich
Hi there, yes that would be a step in the right direction. The difference will not be huge most likely, but you do get twice the power transformers for example. Cheers

Reactions: Phon@ix

Phon@ix

Jul 27, 2019
ZRH
Hi there, yes that would be a step in the right direction. The difference will not be huge most likely, but you do get twice the power transformers for example. Cheers
Thx for your help. I‘ll save some money and hope to have the opportunity to try the amp at my place before I‘ll buy it.

Rob Sonata

Jan 23, 2017
Thx for your help. I‘ll save some money and hope to have the opportunity to try the amp at my place before I‘ll buy it.
The Telos 280 has been replaced by the Telos 300, this is a much better amplifier (incorporates some new 'NextGen' technology and improvements to the power supply) - big step up from JOB, but you will also need a good pre-amp (currently using my T300 with a Mimesis 37S NextGen)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing