Best non-cooked "meal" -- The Best Margarita Recipe in the known & unknown universe

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I did not create this recipe but it is REALLY good. The egg white both add a frothiness and really smooths the overall flavor

• 4 Ounces of Tequila

• 2 Ounces of Triple Sec

• 2 Ounces of Roses Sweetened Lime Juice

• 2 Tablespoons of “Real Lemon” lemon juice (green bottle)

• 3 Tablespoons of Sugar 0r for the more health conscious, the Agave Extract equivalent

• 1 White of an Egg

• Mix in Blender with about 24 Ounces of Ice

Serve and watch the party begin!!! Trust me. You won't be disappointed nor will your guests

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Chuck, I usually do 4 parts Tequila, 2 parts Lime Juice and only 1 part Triple Sec. I've never added lemon juice - I'll have to try it.

By the way, my specialty is the recipe I just described, plus a basket of California blueberries, which one only can find around here during the summertime. The rest of the year blueberries are imported from Oregon or Chile and are tart. California's are sweet during the season. Makes for a great, fun, purple drink that tastes like pie but gets you sloshed.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What's the egg white for? Just curious.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cool! I'll try out the recipe this weekend :)

JeffMac

Jun 4, 2010
As in a stereo set-up, every part of the system is important to get the best sound, a margarita is the same way. For the best result one must use great ingredients.
A margarita has only four items, so all of them will be noticed. Use a great tequila. It shouldn't be Patron but maybe one step down from that like Herradura gold.
Use only fresh squeezed lime juice that you have done yourself. Lime and lemon juice will change taste in less than an hour or two. Triple Sec is a cheap imitation of Cointreau or Grand Marnier. I use Cointreau.
I think if you try this recipe you will not need an egg white since the ingredients are top quality. There is nothing you have to smooth out.

3 Tablespoons super fine sugar (it blends easier but you cna use regular sugar)
3 Tablespoons each of fresh lime juice and fresh lemon juice (this imitates the flavor of a Mexican lemon)
3 ounces gold tequila
1 tablespoon Cointreau

Can be served over ice or blended. I float a little Grand Marnier on top. I like the combo of Cointreau and Grand Marnier
You might have to adjust the proportions to suit your taste.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Now here is a thread near and dear to my heart-great Margaritas. I only use 100% blue agave tequila. The lime juice must be fresh squeezed. Those of you who are using 2-3 TBS of sugar must have a real sweet tooth. I only use a pinch of sugar when blending to the following proportions:

4 oz of fresh squeezed lime juice
4 oz of triple sec or cointreau or 2 oz of triple sec and 2 oz of cointreau
6-8 oz of 100 % blue agave tequila (depending on how strong you like your margaritas-it is supposed to be a 2/1 ratio of tequila to lime juice and triple sec)
1 pinch of sugar

I mix all of the ingrediants in a shaker and then shake it and pour into a margarita glass with ice and a salted rim

Last edited:

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
We kind of pride ourselves on the Margarita's we serve on our patio. First off, we're purists - no such thing as a real "frozen" margarita. Sorry, that's just the way it is. We mix all ingrediants to taste pretty much, but it's something like this:

- 4-5 oz. of a really good 100% agave tequila - we change which depending on our mood
- a splash of Gran Marnier
- the juice of 1 large lime
- a splash of fresh water (sparkling water if you like it)
- a splash of real agave nectar - it really does bring out the herbal flavors of the tequila

Mix with ice in a shaker and shake the snot out of it. Pour directly in a glass and enjoy. Repeat as necessary. My wife likes to serve it with her home made salsa and guacamole along with home made fresh chips.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
MiTT-I want to come to your house! I made some guacomole today and enjoyed it with some great margaritas. I must confess that I have never heard of real agave nectar. I use the recipe I posted above your response. Today was Silver Patron. A great guacomole recipe:

2 Haas avacodos
1 med tomato seeded and chopped
2 TBS of cilantro
2 TBS of chopped onion
2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
2 TBS of fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp of salt
1 TBS of green chilies

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Agave nectar is an incredible sweetener which I use every day in my cereal. It does nothing to the glycemic index and tastes every bit as good as honey. One tablespoon =60 cals

I recommend getting unfiltered amber

JeffMac

Jun 4, 2010
Now here is a thread near and dear to my heart-great Margaritas. I only use 100% blue agave tequila. The lime juice must be fresh squeezed. Those of you who are using 2-3 TBS of sugar must have a real sweet tooth. I only use a pinch of sugar when blending to the following proportions:

4 oz of fresh squeezed lime juice
4 oz of triple sec or cointreau or 2 oz of triple sec and 2 oz of cointreau
6-8 oz of 100 % blue agave tequila (depending on how strong you like your margaritas-it is supposed to be a 2/1 ratio of tequila to lime juice and triple sec)
1 pinch of sugar

I mix all of the ingrediants in a shaker and then shake it and pour into a margarita glass with ice and a salted rim

Nope, no sweet tooth here. My recipe has a higher ratio of citrus than yours so the sugar is there to balance the citrus. They work in harmony together. You have a very high percentage of Triple Sec or cointreau. Mine concentrates more on the tequila side. There really is no right or wrong. People's taste varies, so ratios vary. Although I do think if one cannot tell the difference between triple sec, Cointreau and Grand Marnier, then they would have some learning to do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing