Metronome Kalista owners

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Electra PSU

The Electra PSU for Kalista/Calypso and the C8 DAC . The Electra PSU is similar for the Kalista Ref/Calypso and the Ultimate . 1 Farad capacitance , which is highly overkill for a source component , but which I suspect leads to it's low noise floor and powering thru the densest mixes unfettered . The one mod from the previous generation Electra is the location of the fuse. While previously it was accessible from the outside , being sited under the PC receptacle , it is now situated within the chassis in the top left hand corner. There two fuses to change , I will be trying a few after market fuses , if of interest values are T 1A 250V ... not mentioned in the manual . LL21
no comparison notes am afraid Ultimate V/S Ref .
ELEKTRA for kalista.jpg C8 Power supply internal.jpg

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Whilst not entirely on topic I am wondering whether there are any Metronome rumours abroad regarding plans for updating the Nausicaa Reference to run DSD ?

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Whilst not entirely on topic I am wondering whether there are any Metronome rumours abroad regarding plans for updating the Nausicca Reference to run DSD ?

An acquaintance of mine had his C8 upgraded to C8+, we can expect that the Nausicca can also be upgraded. You should call the manufacturer, they are very friendly on the phone.

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
I confirm the Nausicaa flagship is planned to be upgraded with DSD decoding capabilities.
I just had the C8+ for review these last weeks for review.

Cheers,
Joel

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I confirm the Nausicaa flagship is planned to be upgraded with DSD decoding capabilities.
I just had the C8+ for review these last weeks for review.

Cheers,
Joel

Looking for reading your review. I have not upgraded from my C2A because I felt the difference between the C2A and the C8 was not enough for changing, as I preferred the tube mode.

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
I prefer the AOP mode except for special voice close-up recordings...
The C8+ needs a very good (if not excellent) USB cable to give its best. My big collection of DSD recordings requires necessarily DSD capabilities. Then the accuracy of USB input could be an issue with an entry level cable. Using a Regen interface doesn't really help as the Amanero board has already a good internal power supply. The DAC seemed to me less demanding on its AES or spdif inputs. But with a nice Esprit Lumina USB wire, the C8+ delivered extremely good results in DSD 64 and 128. I didn't tried 256 files.

Cheers,

Joel

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Just to point that the current edition of Hifi-News carries a review of the new top Metronome's - the DreamPlay CD and the Kalista DAC.

The new DAC will please those who appreciate owning more than one turntable/tonearm - it has 2 lines of double converters, it offers the possibility to choose between two sound profiles, one tube the other SS.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing