2012 Rmaf after hours listening event

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Hear the Master Tape copy of the awesome rock opera "Tommy" by The Who in it's entirety.

WHERE: The United Home Audio room, Atrium Tower room 550.

WHEN: 9:30pm Friday October 12th.

The_Who_Tommy.jpg

Tommy is the fourth album by English rock band The Who, released by Track Records and Polydor Records in the United Kingdom and Decca Records/MCA in the United States. A double album telling a loose story about a "deaf, dumb and blind boy" who becomes the leader of a messianic movement, Tommy was the first musical work to be billed overtly as a rock opera. Released in 1969, the album was mostly composed by Pete Townshend. In 1998 it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame for "historical, artistic and significant value". It has sold over 20 million copies worldwide.

Overture
It's a Boy
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Eyesight to the Blind (The Hawker) (Sonny Boy Williamson II)
Christmas
Cousin Kevin (John Entwistle)
The Acid Queen
Underture
Do You Think It's Alright?
Fiddle About" (Entwistle)
Pinball Wizard
There's a Doctor
Go to the Mirror!
Tommy Can You Hear Me?
Smash the Mirror
Sensation
Miracle Cure
Sally Simpson
I'm Free
Welcome
Tommy's Holiday Camp (Keith Moon)
We're Not Gonna Take It

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Can't wait!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I plan on being there.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I hope the room's big enough!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Can you give us a sneak peak at the equipment you're bringing Greg?

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
Can you give us a sneak peak at the equipment you're bringing Greg?

Like last year I'll be showing with Von Schweikert and Jolida.

AMPLIFICATION: Jolida will be showing their new high line range of equipment the Luxor Series. They will have prototype units consisting of a new preamp and new EL-34 based monoblocks. These were tweaked out by Jerred Dunkerson V.P. of Jolida.

SPEAKERS: The Von Schweikert VR-44's in passive form.

TAPE DECK: The new UHA Phase11. This deck features all new dual mono and fully balanced preamps, hyper pure solid core silver wire, esoteric electronic components, every cap and resistor hand matched. Plus lots of other innovations.
Two examples =
Twelve RF/EMI suppression devices placed strategically about the deck to lower the noise floor.
No volume or output adjustment pots, no relays, no FET's in the output circuit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing