To climate control..

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Today I was listening in my room without the AC being on and as many of you know, it has been fairly hot here in S.Calif. I quickly noticed that the imaging seems to suffer a little ( never mind the listener, LOL:rolleyes:) depending on the climate in the room. I have noticed this phenomena before, usually at audio shows. Since we are about to be experiencing some MAJOR heat here in S.Calif in the next few days:eek:, i wonder how this is going to impact our listening sessions. ( I for one, will NOT be using the system during this time). OTOH, running the AC and listening at the same time is an option, BUT who wants to hear the AC fan/ vents while in the listening session. ( One of my pet bugaboos at many hotel rooms that are used for high end shows). To climate control or not, that is the question...:confused:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Very good point Davey.

I don't do critical music listening when it's too hot and that I need some fans running.
Movies are fine though. :b

Cool weather is perfect for music listening, and during summer, some World Music, from outside on the patio.
...And Blues too, and Jazz also, and Classical why not.

You've got simply to balance life so it is always loving you back, 365 in/out. :b

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
+1 for a miniSplit, as the good ones are inaudible. I have one in my equipment room to cool all the gear, and I never hear it.

After much research a few years ago, I selected a Fujitsu from their Halcyon line, their hyper-efficient 21 SEER rated 12RLQ heat-pump mini-split system. Not only is it an efficiency champ, it is supremely quiet. Both internal and external components have excellent ratings. The internal unit on ‘quiet mode’ is just 22 dB. The new RLS2 are even more efficient.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing