$11,111 Coffee Maker Comes With Wi-Fi, QR Scanner

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For most people, a $11,111 coffee maker sounds like something designed to take money away from those individuals who have too much of it hanging around inside their bank accounts. However, according to Daily News Talks Naenara, the pricey beverage dispenser might be a suitable alternative for those who find themselves dumping an insane amount of money at Starbucks on a daily basis. Of course, if you can easily afford an $11,111 coffee maker, chances are frequent trips to Starsbucks isn’t going to hurt your finances.

This $11,111 coffee maker, created by the folks at Blossom Coffee, features a number of bells and whistles that may not be available to those who are buying less expensive machines to brew their favorite beverage. The Blossom One Coffee Brewer uses its Wi-Fi connection to visit certain coffee-oriented websites to download recipes in its quest to create at-home coffee perfection.

In addition to its mind-boggling Wi-Fi capabilities, the $11,111 coffee maker also comes equipped with a handy QR reader. Why does a brewer need a QR reader, you ask? It’s simple: Scan the QR code on a package of coffee in order for your pricey, high-tech gadget to learn the recipes encoded within. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and allow the machine to do the work for you.

Dear Coffee I Love You got their hands on a product description of the machine, which explains the $11,111 coffee maker’s brewing process:

“Coffee is brewed by first pouring filtered water into the reservoir and loading ground beans into the standard espresso portafilter (but not tamping). Next a brew profile is selected from a list of presets or programmed in using manual mode. Then the machine comes to life, a portioned volume of water is pumped into the boiler and heated to the required temperature. The system then pauses to allow the user to get ready to brew. On the user’s command hot water is dispensed into the brew chamber with attached portafilter. At this point electric heaters in the brew chamber take over. The chamber adds heat to the brewing coffee to maintain a constant temperature. The brewing coffee is stirred manually. After the specified brew duration, the machine beeps to alert the user that it is time to dispense the coffee. The outlet valve is opened by the user and the plunger is pulled to force the coffee out into a cup. The spent grounds are left in the portafilter for easy cleanup.”

Coffee fanatics and caffeine addicts will be able to get mitts hands on the machine when it hits retails shelves next year. Would you spend $11,111 on a coffee maker?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
For my espresso, I want 198-200F degrees (depending on the bean) at an E61 group head, 8-9 bar pressure, and a PID. Does it do that? Detachable cord? :D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
There was a revival of a thread about a speaker cable that cost $42,000 /m (that is per meter) ... and now this coffee thing .. Of course there will be some folks who can purchase it as the other poster wrote for them $40,000 is like $100 for most of us so ... Likely will be forgotten after a few brews.. When they are truly in need for a good Coffee they will more often hop in their Veyron or Pagani and drive to the closest Starbucks

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I get that there are people for whom 11 grand is not a lot of money. An $11,000 stove? That's a lot for domestic use, but I can almost see it. And $11,000 fridge? OK...does it monogram my ice? An $11,000 coffee maker? People need to find themselves a few good charities.

Tim

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
There was a revival of a thread about a speaker cable that cost $42,000 /m (that is per meter) ... and now this coffee thing .. Of course there will be some folks who can purchase it as the other poster wrote for them $40,000 is like $100 for most of us so ... Likely will be forgotten after a few brews.. When they are truly in need for a good Coffee they will more often hop in their Veyron or Pagani and drive to the closest Starbucks

Anybody who spends $42,000 per meter for speaker wire deserves to have the money taken away from him.

If someone has that much money to spend on wire, they should spend it wisely and just get a better speaker!

I get that there are people for whom 11 grand is not a lot of money. An $11,000 stove? That's a lot for domestic use, but I can almost see it. And $11,000 fridge? OK...does it monogram my ice? An $11,000 coffee maker? People need to find themselves a few good charities.

Tim

There is a Sub-Zero fridge I looked at a number of years ago that was $8500. I decided not to get it at the time and to stick with what I had. Last week I was seriously looking again, now it's $15,000!!! I'll still pass.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Anybody who spends $42,000 per meter for speaker wire deserves to have the money taken away from him.

If someone has that much money to spend on wire, they should spend it wisely and just get a better speaker!

There is a Sub-Zero fridge I looked at a number of years ago that was $8500. I decided not to get it at the time and to stick with what I had. Last week I was seriously looking again, now it's $15,000!!! I'll still pass.

When you're paying the likes of $15,000 for a fridge (or $11k for a coffee maker, or...the list goes on) at some point you're beyond features, beyond build quality, beyond brand...even beyond status. You're buying a codpiece. Find some confidence, and some good charities.

Tim

Odyno

Dec 27, 2011
Near Montreal Canada
At least they keep the economy going....
And as far as I am concern, $42,000 speaker cable must perform as much as $10,000 one and usualy you can buy them used for $5'000 couple year's later.:cool:

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
At least they keep the economy going....
And as far as I am concern, $42,000 speaker cable must perform as much as $10,000 one and usualy you can buy them used for $5'000 couple year's later.:cool:

I personally insist that all my premium cables perform as well as the better Radio Shack stuff, while looking cooler by many thousands of dollars.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can get 3 medium Timmies a day for 6 years and 4 months for just the price of this machine.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary at the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconne, Georgia. They have a room where they serve wine, desserts, etc as well as coffee. The coffee machine that is available for purchase for those that have nothing better to do with $13,000 ($9,000 for the coffee maker + $3500 for the milk chiller + a couple of other options) is a WMF1400 (see photo - I apologize for the wrong orientation). It does make great coffee drinks.

photo.JPG

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
$13,000 may seem like an absurd price to most us, but there are those who are into coffeemakers as much as we are into audio.

I'll explain.

I don't drink coffee; I drink tea. However, I am too lazy to brew it properly, so way back in 1986 I bought a commercial Bunn Coffeemaker for the sole purpose of making tea quickly. It is particularly ugly, but I refuse let my wife get rid of it, or even touch it for that matter. Alas, it died a couple of years ago, so I searched online for a replacement only to find a source of original replacement parts. That's when I found America's premiere coffeemakerphile (new word). That guy convinced me that I indeed owned the absolute statement of vintage coffeemakers, and that I had reached coffeemaking nirvana without even being aware of it. I was the equivalent of the guy with the rarest Western Electric speaker ever made, but too ignorant to realize it. I was, to him, on the verge of hauling a 1932 Cord to the junkyard. After listening about the merits of owning the thing for damned near an hour, I waited on hold for almost another hour while he scoured his warehouse for the exact parts, plus one upgraded one, that he sold me for a whopping total of $62. I felt a combination of relief, guilt, pride and amazement when it was all said and done. I have zero doubt in my mind, but that that guy would pay 13K for a coffeemaker, if he could afford it.

Come on down, and I'll make you a cup of tea. ;)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I can get 3 medium Timmies a day for 6 years and 4 months for just the price of this machine.

and the cash flow is easier than buying the machine too.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I'm not against paying serious money for serious products. But (and I love good coffee and espresso), the best espresso I've had in the US was made by a neighbor on an old-fashioned hand-pull machine. And probably the best espresso i had anywhere was an an upscale coffee bar near the docks in Palermo; i can't remember what machines they were using, unquestionably commercial devices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing