Does anyone have experience with Core Audio Technologies and their Mac Mini Mod?

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I have read some almost unbelievable comments about the Core Audio Technologies mods for Mac Mini's to be used for digital servers. I am curious about any general thoughts and about the Mini mods in particular.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Yes my friend in Cal. And I had a negative time with Ryan. Ripped me off $500.00 on a demo dac that he said I tampered with. Said I opened it up and re- worked the wires LOL and stiffed me the $$$ on the 30 day return policy. Said the same BS about my friend and his demo dac.

You have been warned!!

Thanks for the warning. I was hoping that it was for real.

solforever

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks for the warning. I was hoping that it was for real.

Hi Mobiusman, even though i think Ryan from Core audio is a dishonest guy his Mac Mini mod is actually good for the price. He thinks he is god in the audio world and if you buy a product that doesn't live up to expectation he will blame it on your other components. Many audiophiles including myself have vowed never to buy his products again because of this. His quality control on his new products (kryptos server, harmony all in one server) is the worse i have ever seen. I don't have them myself, but have seen first hand how bad they are. You would think after spending 2-4k on a product there wouldn't be loose screws, jacks, ventilation issues.

Now your question was about the Mac Mini mod which includes his Kora power supply. I must say it is one of the best mods you can do to your mac mini, very similar to Mojo Audio power supply and mac mini combo. My observation is this, if you have a modest system it will make a significant impact to the overall quality of your sound. You will get more texture and depth to most musical recordings. If you have a reference system the improvement will be minimal, yes it will sound better but not night and day difference like some claim. I use Ammara software with my Mac mini probably the best software out there, i have also tried pure music and audirvana. His mod/power supply for the Mac mini is real but you have to see if you are willing to deal with the bullshit attitude. I for one won't buy any of his products anymore, but his mod for the Mac mini is still in my system so that tells you that it sounds good. If you want to go another direction look at the Mojo Audio power supply mac mini combo. Good luck!!

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Please elaborate..

Ben @ Mojo and Ryan had me sign a disclaimer that I would not write about my transaction with them on the forums and that they would send my $500.00. When I signed it they said FU.

Glory,
You where talking about Core Audio but then mention Ben, at Mojo, as though they were partnered with Core in the business. I thought they were two distinct companies and, in fact, competitors.
Wdw

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing