Thread: Does anyone have experience with Core Audio Technologies and their Mac Mini Mod?

Does anyone have experience with Core Audio Technologies and their Mac Mini Mod?

I have read some almost unbelievable comments about the Core Audio Technologies mods for Mac Mini's to be used for digital servers. I am curious about any general thoughts and about the Mini mods in particular.
    Russ The Mobiusman

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    Yes my friend in Cal. And I had a negative time with Ryan. Ripped me off $500.00 on a demo dac that he said I tampered with. Said I opened it up and re- worked the wires LOL and stiffed me the $$$ on the 30 day return policy. Said the same BS about my friend and his demo dac.

You have been warned!!

Thanks for the warning. I was hoping that it was for real.
    Russ The Mobiusman

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiusman View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I was hoping that it was for real.

Hi Mobiusman, even though i think Ryan from Core audio is a dishonest guy his Mac Mini mod is actually good for the price. He thinks he is god in the audio world and if you buy a product that doesn't live up to expectation he will blame it on your other components. Many audiophiles including myself have vowed never to buy his products again because of this. His quality control on his new products (kryptos server, harmony all in one server) is the worse i have ever seen. I don't have them myself, but have seen first hand how bad they are. You would think after spending 2-4k on a product there wouldn't be loose screws, jacks, ventilation issues.

Now your question was about the Mac Mini mod which includes his Kora power supply. I must say it is one of the best mods you can do to your mac mini, very similar to Mojo Audio power supply and mac mini combo. My observation is this, if you have a modest system it will make a significant impact to the overall quality of your sound. You will get more texture and depth to most musical recordings. If you have a reference system the improvement will be minimal, yes it will sound better but not night and day difference like some claim. I use Ammara software with my Mac mini probably the best software out there, i have also tried pure music and audirvana. His mod/power supply for the Mac mini is real but you have to see if you are willing to deal with the bullshit attitude. I for one won't buy any of his products anymore, but his mod for the Mac mini is still in my system so that tells you that it sounds good. If you want to go another direction look at the Mojo Audio power supply mac mini combo. Good luck!!

Forget the mod. Get the new AMR ifi Micro iUSBPower. It is a power supply that removes all junk going into you PC.

Please elaborate..

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    Ben @ Mojo and Ryan had me sign a disclaimer that I would not write about my transaction with them on the forums and that they would send my $500.00. When I signed it they said FU.
    Glory,
    You where talking about Core Audio but then mention Ben, at Mojo, as though they were partnered with Core in the business. I thought they were two distinct companies and, in fact, competitors.
    Wdw