Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Isolation Systems for Amps

Best Isolation Systems for Amps

I am investigating isolation platforms for monoblocks. i am leaning towards SRA, but this is solely on research and other peoples comments as they need to custom size for your equipment. Can people comment on what they use, have used and specifically if they have experience with SRA's Ohio Class Isolation product - thanks

I have been and was extremely happy with my Adona Amps stands. More recently after I moved, I dismantled the amps stands and incorporated the cross bars and platforms into my Adona Rack Systems.

http://www.adonacorporation.com/av45as.html

It should be understood though that I additionally place my amps on the Herbies Isocups:

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

WBF Founding Member and Super Moderator JackD201's Avatar
    I use Critical Mass Systems' Grand Master stands under my amplifiers and my racks are all PXK Black Platinum and QXK Black Platinum.

The way I isolate vibration from all equipment

I have a separate control room with a concrete floor. My large equipment cabinet is filled with sand between all shelves. Also a separate rack for power amplifiers, stands in this control room. This works out quite well for isolation of vibration. This control room is also very convenient for accessing the back of the equipment and cabling.

[ATTACH]Name:  Equipment cab..jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  501.5 KB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
    I am investigating isolation platforms for monoblocks. i am leaning towards SRA, but this is solely on research and other peoples comments as they need to custom size for your equipment. Can people comment on what they use, have used and specifically if they have experience with SRA's Ohio Class Isolation product - thanks
    As always, performance will depend on the monoblocks ... Isolation platforms must isolate, transmit and damp vibrations. Each amplifier and system has different needs, depending on the amplifier and also on the environment.

I have a system with tubes and have settled on the Finite Element Pagode rack - there was really an appreciable sound difference between my system placed on old steel Target rack or a diy platform made by me using a mixture of sand , lead and pneumatics, and the sound (or absence of it) of the Pagode.

WBF Technical Expert (Pro Audio Production)/Member Sponsor Bruce B's Avatar
    We're using the Wave Kinetics A10-U8 under our Pass Labs monoblocs. It's the best thing I've tried so far.

Wave Kinetics
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Hi Bruce,
    I second the Wave Kinetics A10-U8's as well . Used quite a few expensive racks & isolation platforms through the years & I find these to work as good or better then most & at a fraction of the cost.
    The speaker footers are fantastic too.

Gary

Addicted to Best!
    Interesting! Has anyone compared Wave Kinetics to HRS nimbus couplers/damping plates?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydelee21 View Post
    Interesting! Has anyone compared Wave Kinetics to HRS nimbus couplers/damping plates?
    Some of the best contributions for the understanding and application of the vibration control in electronics were made by Goldmund in the late 70's and 80's. Unhappily, as it was before electronic publication and internet, it is not accessible anymore with a mouse click, and some newcomers to the hobby will never know of it, as probably they did not read the hifi magazines articles about it at that time. I can not remember anymore with exactitude their arguments about the "mechanical grounding " , but your post just shows how dangerous is oversimplification - the thread tittle is isolation systems and you refer the words coupler and damping. Usually we only think about the passive behavior, but the active part is also part of the game!

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Some of the best contributions for the understanding and application of the vibration control in electronics were made by Goldmund in the late 70's and 80's. Unhappily, as it was before electronic publication and internet, it is not accessible anymore with a mouse click, and some newcomers to the hobby will never know of it, as probably they did not read the hifi magazines articles about it at that time. I can not remember anymore with exactitude their arguments about the "mechanical grounding " , but your post just shows how dangerous is oversimplification - the thread tittle is isolation systems and you refer the words coupler and damping. Usually we only think about the passive behavior, but the active part is also part of the game!
    Hi Microstrip,

i agree that there are many forms of isolation...i have personally witnessed the effect of properly grounding equipment electrically (Tripoint Spartan), etc... At the same time, my question was very specific for a reason. I own the HRS Nimbus Couplers and Dampers (those are the names of the products), and wish to see if anyone has compared them to Wave Kinetics A10-U8 and N2S. Surely that cannot be a "dangerous " question!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast