Tube amps hurt

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
i sold my ARC VS115 last night and shipped it today. It started to fall off the Fed Ex counter and I grabbed it and felt something pop in my right arm. I drove right to the hospital and spent over3 hours in the ER. The PA thinks I tore a tendon. They took X-Rays but the didn"t read them before I left. They put my entire right arm in a splint and I have to see an orthopedic doctor. It hurts like crazy.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Wouldn't be surprised if you tore your biceps tendon :( Sorry!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Really sorry to hear this and hope for a speedy recovery; and do take it in perspective

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Sorry to hear that happened, Mark. The real bitch is that after 50 it takes so long to heal from stuff. Hurt my lateral knee compartment a year ago, just now getting right again for long walking.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
it's around me elbow. I heard two big cracking/poppin noises.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Thanks guys. It hurts like crazy. Something has to be done soon.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks guys. It hurts like crazy. Something has to be done soon.

You'll know if the arm turns black and blue :(

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
i sold my ARC VS115 last night and shipped it today. It started to fall off the Fed Ex counter and I grabbed it and felt something pop in my right arm. I drove right to the hospital and spent over3 hours in the ER. The PA thinks I tore a tendon. They took X-Rays but the didn"t read them before I left. They put my entire right arm in a splint and I have to see an orthopedic doctor. It hurts like crazy.

X-rays won't unfortunately, tell you anything about the tendon :( But it sounds like you might have torn the long head of the biceps.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
i just hope they don't have to operate. i have never been under the knife before. Good thing I have my music server because I damn sure can't put on an LP or spool a tape. Damn good thing I have the Mytek too. It takes the pain out of digital.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Ice the arm if you can, keep the arm elevated and take something like Alleve. You can for the short term take higher doses than they recommend on the bottles if needed.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I can't ice it now because it's in a splint up to my shoulder. They gave me a script for pain pills but the damn phamacy I went to was closed.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I can't ice it now because it's in a splint up to my shoulder. They gave me a script for pain pills but the damn phamacy I went to was closed.

Well at least elevate it to keep the swelling down.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Mep, sorry to hear that you got hurt. Get the best orthopedic person you can and do it as soon as you can.
Are you in a major metro area with a specialty hospital? I wouldn't rely on my local doctors, even if there is an orthopedic person there- do your research, get the right referrals (sometimes, the 'big names' aren't the best for treatment, but you don't want to fool around with this- long term, you'll be thankful if you get the right advice and treatment, even if it means surgery). I ain't a medical guy and don't know the particulars of what you did to yourself (you've already got some folks here who are knowledgeable). When I had a motorcycle accident several years ago, I got patched up pretty good, but honestly, my left shoulder has never been the same. And, I think part of it was the lack of physical therapy after I started healing. It's only because I've been working out for the last year and a half that I've regained my mobility. So, make sure you spend time getting treated right- long run, you'll short change yourself if you don't.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Mark. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tom

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I am very sorry to be reading of this. I trust you will keep your attitude and spirit up as much as possible and get well soon.

Try to laugh, I hear it's the best medicine.

Best wishes, George/Kach22i

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
If the tendon is cut completely it has to be immediately reconnected during an operation , i got a tendon of my thumb cut during a small accident at work, it takes up to 12 weeks to regain full strengths .
Good luck, if they just put stabelizing plaster in the hospital than its not cut , but merely thorn i reckon

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Get Well, Soon, Mark

:b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing