Alright - I got one...The Gryphon Exorcist - Why Does 'Demagnetizing' Seem to Work??

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This is a strange one. When i got my Gryphon Colosseum second hand, i ended up with the Gryphon VIP Ref Powercable, and the Gryphon Exorcist demagnetizer as well.

the first two...no contest...totally happy and everyone can understand the science, the listening, etc. But the Gryphon Exorcist? I have to admit...not sure why, but something is better. Like clearing wax out of the systems ears if you will. It emits a tone thru the entire audio chain for 35 seconds, and it always seems like the system is clearer, slightly fuller. why?

I decided to avoid any kind of 'memory' issues....and i played the unit thru 1 time...35 seconds of this tone. And then play the unit again to listen to the same tone. And the 2nd time it was 10% louder, and the lingering decay at the end as it faded away was longer. The 3rd time was about the same as the 2nd.

So is it actually doing something? Anyone?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
This is a strange one. When i got my Gryphon Colosseum second hand, i ended up with the Gryphon VIP Ref Powercable, and the Gryphon Exorcist demagnetizer as well.

the first two...no contest...totally happy and everyone can understand the science, the listening, etc. But the Gryphon Exorcist? I have to admit...not sure why, but something is better. Like clearing wax out of the systems ears if you will. It emits a tone thru the entire audio chain for 35 seconds, and it always seems like the system is clearer, slightly fuller. why?

I decided to avoid any kind of 'memory' issues....and i played the unit thru 1 time...35 seconds of this tone. And then play the unit again to listen to the same tone. And the 2nd time it was 10% louder, and the lingering decay at the end as it faded away was longer. The 3rd time was about the same as the 2nd.

So is it actually doing something? Anyone?

Wonder what the difference is between the Exorcist and Esoteric disc (that's been sitting here for ages but still haven't tried :( ).

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
My car drives better when it's clean. (True).
I use the Walker Talisman (a handheld demagnitizer) on my vinyl. Seems to make a clean record a little quieter, but who knows- I may be crazy.
My wife takes our cat to a witch doctor- the cat gets reiki, accupuncture, etc. and always comes home with a bounce in his step.
I have not tried demagnitizing the cat.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
My car drives better when it's clean. (True).
I use the Walker Talisman (a handheld demagnitizer) on my vinyl. Seems to make a clean record a little quieter, but who knows- I may be crazy.
My wife takes our cat to a witch doctor- the cat gets reiki, accupuncture, etc. and always comes home with a bounce in his step.
I have not tried demagnitizing the cat.

:D

The least said about said devices, the better .. If one finds it makes a difference do enjoy it.. That's what we are in this hobby for ...

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Hmm, maybe I should demagnetize my wife. Is that one of the buttons on the "Stepford Wife" remote control?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hmm, maybe I should demagnetize my wife. Is that one of the buttons on the "Stepford Wife" remote control?

Yeah, demagnitizer so she lets you go to RMAF.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Lloyd that's really worth a separate thread- why does exorcism reduce system noise and heighten small details?
Frankly, it's enough to make your head spin. :)

Reactions: rugyboogie

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd that's really worth a separate thread- why does exorcism reduce system noise and heighten small details?
Frankly, it's enough to make your head spin. :)

Hah!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Lloyd - I also had thoes two Gryphon appliances, both worked pretty well, I am sure you know they work ONLY with SS units thou! - if I recall it right, noise floor was a tad down.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Lloyd - I also had thoes two Gryphon appliances, both worked pretty well, I am sure you know they work ONLY with SS units thou! - if I recall it right, noise floor was a tad down.

Really, I hadn't heard that?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Really, I hadn't heard that?

I hadn't either. Seemed to work fine for me. I will say, i would not have purchased it, but when i bought my Gryphon Colosseum 2nd hand, it came with the Gryphon VIP Ref Power Cable and the Gryphon Exorcist.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great...the question is does anyone know why? It reminds me...i have not used it in a while...i found it had less use once i put in the Tripoint...but I should try it again.

Reactions: jorgep

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing