Your Favourite newage Tracks

B. Hilton

Jun 6, 2012
La La Land
LOL...Bob, who you callin' a "lady?!"

At ease, gentlemen, I was raised in a housefull of boys and am living in a household of boys, right down to the dang rabbit. I will be perfectly at home :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-----Yes, that is a great link you provided Betty, and some nice New Age artists. :b

* John (& Bruce), Enigma is a band with a more Electronic/Ecclesiastic/Disco music type orientation. ;) ...I know so; got almost all of their CDs. ...I think my favorite is also their first one.

** 'Bout Andreas Vollenweider? ...Also got almost all of his albums (LPs).

*** Tangerine Dream? ...Huge fan.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I haven't listened to any in awhile, but years ago picked up quite a few Windham Hill selections. Had most of Hedges stuff. Other releases by Arkenstone, Vollenwider, etc

Heck, some of the first cd's I ever picked up in 83/84 were Vollenweider's

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
-----Yes, that is a great link you provided Betty, and some nice New Age artists. :b

* John (& Bruce), Enigma is a band with a more Electronic/Ecclesiastic/Disco music type orientation. ;) ...I know so; got almost all of their CDs.

** 'Bout Andreas Vollenweider? ...Also got almost all of his albums (LPs).

Then tell me, since you seem to have the answers, what exactly is the orientation of NEW AGE music? Oh, and disco? Bob , I think you're smoking some of those new leaves of the trees you've planted.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Welcome, Betty. My sister Carolyn was getting lonely being the only lady on this board :D

Hope you stay active. I have greatly appreciated your suggestions for NewAge music.

Hi Gary, is your sister listening to newage on Genesis speakers?????

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

Hanwi from the album Blue Chip Orchestra

Blue Chip Orchestra     Red Sky Beat.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---When Enigma came to the music scene they were popular with audio dealers demoing the bass capability of their speakers, and they were also popular with the youngsters at parties (dancing music). Even DJs (Disc Jockeys) were using their first album in their 'discotheque' (nightclubbing).

Their music is repetitive and electronical (synthesizer).
Yeah of course, it is also described as New Age, but still, restricted spiritual New Age/Electronica.

I am simply sharing my personal opinion of a band that I think I know quite well; no more no less.

* And I don't smoke weed anymore.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
---When Enigma came to the music scene they were popular with audio dealers demoing the bass capability of their speakers, and they were also popular with the youngsters at parties (dancing music). Even DJs (Disc Jockeys) were using their first album in their 'discotheque' (nightclubbing).

Their music is repetitive and electronical (synthesizer).
Yeah of course, it is also described as New Age, but still, restricted spiritual New Age/Electronica.

I am simply sharing my personal opinion of a band that I think I know quite well; no more no less.

* And I don't smoke weed anymore.

That's not incorrect, but I think you're isolating a few songs in this case, which IMO is misrepresentative of their catalogue. However, I have no issue with how you interpret them as music is subjective.

FWIW - I don't smoke weed anymore either.:) (seriously, I don't)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Blue Chip Orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrCJ5pm8nk

-----Very nice Andre!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
How about...

Guru Josh Project
Amethystium
Clannad
Tangerine Dream
ATB
Delerium
Blue Stone
Ryan Farish
Keiko Matsui
Kitaro

Being a keyboardist, at one time I was even a Yanni/John Tesh fanboy... :eek:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing