Your Favourite newage Tracks

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
New Age music suggestions

Newage big fan, Steve Roach - Robert Rich - Byron Metcalf - just these three artists i have around 60 cd,s what can i say i'm an old man my rocking days are over i love to relax and smooth music makes me RELAX.:):):)

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Wachuma's Wave

Another one with the participation of Steve Roach.

Metcalf Byron     Wachuma's Wave.jpg

Attachments

• Roach Steve     Soma.jpg
    Roach Steve Soma.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
forgotten gods

And yes another one.

Suspended Memories     Forgotten Gods.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Here's one I did for FIM, David Darling - Eight String Religion

Attachments

• Darling..jpg
    Darling..jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 326

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-----This is awesomely great! :b

* Go to the bank and fill your wallet; you're gong to need it! :cool: :D

NOTE -> And Andre & Bruce, if I may gentlemen, music samples would be nice (links, youtube, etc.).

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Streve Roach The Serpent's Lair

I will start this thread with the one and only Mr.Steve Roach, i own close to 50 albums here is the one i listend to the most it's a double album and i do listend to both disc when i take it for a spin, hope you enjoy.

Roach Steve & Metcalf Byron     The Serpent's Lair.jpg

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Here's one I did for FIM, David Darling - Eight String Religion

Yes thank you Bruce i have this one but the regular copy i have had it for a very long time.

81318.jpg

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Armand Amar's music

No this is not considered newage music but it is smooth and for ME that's what count's, this man has lot's of soundtrack cd,s you could start with this one but there are many more.

Amar Armand     Home.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm not an overly huge fan of New Age, but there are no doubt some great examples that could perhaps qualify for a "best of" list. In that spirit....what performers/albums would you recommend?

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Armand Amar again.

Amar Armand     Rétrospective.jpg

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I'm not an overly huge fan of New Age, but there are no doubt some great examples that could perhaps qualify for a "best of" list. In that spirit....what performers/albums would you recommend?

Hi John it is your right not to be a fan of newage just like i'm not a fan of rock to each is own but as an example Steve Roach discography as 127 albums to his credit so i think he must be doing something right and that some people like his kind of music.

http://www.steveroach.com/discography/

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Propagation

Another great artist is Robert Rich.

Rich Robert     Propagation.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John it is your right not to be a fan of newage just like i'm not a fan of rock to each is own but as an example Steve Roach discography as 127 albums to his credit so i think he must be doing something right and that some people like his kind of music.

http://www.steveroach.com/discography/

Slight correcdtion...I didn't say I wasn't a fan, just not a huge fan and thereby have limited knowledge on the genre and what it has produced. Hence, my inquiry about some good performers/albums I could have a look at (listen to).

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Slight correcdtion...I didn't say I wasn't a fan, just not a huge fan and thereby have limited knowledge on the genre and what it has produced. Hence, my inquiry about some good performers/albums I could have a look at (listen to).

No problem John, i would start with The Serpent's Lair or Machuma's wave or Forgotten Gods any of these three should please you Machuma's Wave is from 2003 and i bring this album at every show that i go to i love the whole album but for ME the killer track is this one.

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No problem John, i would start with The Serpent's Lair or Machuma's wave or Forgotten Gods any of these three should please you Machuma's Wave is from 2003 and i bring this album at every show that i go to i love the whole album but for ME the killer track is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy0-9ZZmKs

Very nice....even over my PC. Love the imaging and detail...thanks!:)

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
-----I already posted (shared) that Documentary/Film here in one of the threads that I started, ----plus at few other sites as well.

Sorry young one did not see that, 3,749 posts to 35 i have lot's of catching up to do.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When I bought my first CD player in ~1982, Windham Hill New Age record put out a lot of titles and that became my fix. I bought just about all I could get and to this day, listen to my George Winston piano tracks. What happened to Windham Hill? Are they still around? I lost track years back and have not bought much New Age as of late. Thanks for creating the thread. I will have to explore them.

BTW, if you put [ video] and [ /video] tags around your youtube links (take out the space after "["), it will then be embedded right in the post.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'm not sure Michael Hedges is really new age, but he got tagged with that genre for being on Windam Hill. Amazing acoustic guitarist. Not sure he has a peer. Anyone with a system with a good midrange should own a few of his albums and wonder at them. Just avoid the ones upon which he sang. Michael died young, and that was a significant loss to the art.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing