Analog Eye Candy Part Deux, Tonearms

perart1

Mar 17, 2012
Cheltenham
Interesting point. I will be able to answer part of that question when I get my Graham arm back from Bob, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. The ViV is really an oil damped unipivot without the twist. It also is designed on the principal that traditional headshell offset angle and overhang design cause more distortion than tracking angle errors. I recognise that this goes against received wisdom but it does seem to work. I have now lived with this arm for about 8 months so know it well. My only comment is that the set up template is flimsy and I would make a perspex gauge. Also VTA is a pita and a set of C shims would help

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
29907151395_1e63f41653_b.jpg

29822509295_14d0a036b1_b.jpg

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY

DSCN1092.JPG

user510

Jul 12, 2011
Raymond, Wa USA
www.theanalogdept.com
Infinity Black Widow tonearm

A vintage blast from the past.
Just a couple of pics of my Infinity Black widow tonearm. First photo with ADC XLM-II. Second photo with Sonus Blue. both cartridges are an appropriate high compliance match to the extremely low mass of the Infinity arm. This one is a later version with the damping trough.

-Steve

Attachments

• DSC_0709.jpg
    DSC_0709.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 435

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing