Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne loudspeakers

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
The MicroOnes are made in China as well. Still, I haven't heard a better speaker at $4000, let alone $2500...

myrman

Aug 30, 2016
Hi there,

Well, close enough maybe - Sweden/Stockholm. Bought mine from DarTZeel Switzerland a few years ago. Nicest man on earth to do business with.

Drove them with nCore NC400 monoblocks initially, extremely bad match. Later replaced the Hypex nCore's with a hybrid amp that could deliver enough current (which the speakers require). Sound acceptable/good then.

Only had them operational for a year or so, now boxed up since a few years awaiting my son to move into his own apartment (next week!). He'll most likely love them.

My one issue with the Evolution Acoustics MicroOne speaker is the cabinet. It seems to be made out of a very Soft Density Fibre, I've lost a couple of driver screws that has loosened from the cabinet. Upon replacing them I noticed the sub par quality of the material used for the cabinet. Impossible to really tighten driver screws.

Anyways, sound good with the right amp.

Close in a global sense but quite a trek LarsS. I was interested in hearing a pair but that will be happening much sooner than I expected as I just bought a pair :)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hi there,

Well, close enough maybe - Sweden/Stockholm. Bought mine from DarTZeel Switzerland a few years ago. Nicest man on earth to do business with.

Anyways, sound good with the right amp.
Yup

Herve is the BEST!!!

kkfan

Jan 3, 2016
The MicroOnes are made in China as well. Still, I haven't heard a better speaker at $4000, let alone $2500...

Are all EA speakers made in China or just the MicroOnes? If it is just the MicroOnes, are all parts of all other EA speakers made in the US?

Thanks!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Are all EA speakers made in China or just the MicroOnes? If it is just the MicroOnes, are all parts of all other EA speakers made in the US?

Thanks!

only the 'micro' series is assembled in China......with parts from all over. it's designed here.

all other EA models are assembled and designed in San Diego. with parts from all over......

my point being; that no speaker brand is 100% from anywhere. parts are from all over....without exception.

Last edited:

kkfan

Jan 3, 2016
only the 'micro' series is assembled in China......with parts from all over. it's designed here.

all other EA models are assembled and designed in San Diego. with parts from all over......

my point being; that no speaker brand is 100% from anywhere. parts are from all over....without exception.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike!

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy

What Mike?
I thought that EA were designed and assembled in Oregon.... :confused:
Since you know very well :D the brand I have no doubt of your statement, neverthless I'm surprised of this.
my best
Marco

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
What Mike?
I thought that EA were designed and assembled in Oregon.... :confused:
Since you know very well :D the brand I have no doubt of your statement, neverthless I'm surprised of this.
my best
Marco

one of the principles of EA lives in Oregon and it's the address of the company. but they have always been designed and built in the San Diego (although the very first prototype did begin years prior in Oregon), except the Micro's as I mentioned.

I've visited the home of the designer in San Diego 3 times and heard prototypes or first builds of a few models. I was there 2 months ago.

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
one of the principles of EA lives in Oregon and it's the address of the company. but they have always been designed and built in the San Diego (although the very first prototype did begin years prior in Oregon), except the Micro's as I mentioned.

I've visited the home of the designer in San Diego 3 times and heard prototypes or first builds of a few models. I was there 2 months ago.

Thank you very much Mike for the quick reply.
I'll write you early in order to have some suggestions for my MM3's that are already without feet...
best regards
Marco

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing